Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Do you mention Kratom use to your Dr. 5 days 5 hours ago #51806

• Pharmacy Dropout
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 438
In regard to opinions and perceptions: My provider is pro kratom. Big Island of Hawaii doctor, awesome guy. I think you will find most people don't know what it is initially, and when they do, they usually see bad stuff so it's up to other people to explain things first as the first impression is most important. It's important to explain things or bring in a brochure. That is my opinion, not to be confused with consumption, medical claims, personal usage, etc.

I'd ask your doctor how he feels about things first and seriously consider that brochure. Does the AKA still have those?
I own and operate www.pharmacy-dropout.com We have the United States leading supply of bulk and retail Thunder God Vine. We also have Kratom, and other exotic botanicals. All of our Products are sold with no intent on use, and are not sold for consumption.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do you mention Kratom use to your Dr. 2 weeks 2 days ago #51549

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1519

goshawk wrote: Well I have not made the decision to mention to him, it just crossed my mind.

Pat

Like Gina and Michele mentioned, it’s a personal decision, and there’s isn’t a wrong or right... totally your call goshawk... sorry for my long winded way of saying “ do whatever your inclined to do “ :)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Do you mention Kratom use to your Dr. 2 weeks 3 days ago #51544

• Inland Botanicals
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 392
I do. My last doc was fine with it but she has since retired. I mentioned it to a new doctor and she proceeded to tell me that it's addictive and they prescribe Suboxone for people addicted to Kratom. I told her I respectfully disagree and have been consuming it on and off for about 6 years, and find it no more addicting than a cup of coffee. I tried to explain that Kratom in its natural form is safe and there are measures in place where consumers can be assured they are getting safe products. Their mind was made up though because of the negative info they see and now every time I have gone there, they ask multiple times if I use any illegal drugs, especially Marijuana (we are in Idaho but super close to Washington). SMH

Anyways, yes it is a touchy subject and would love nothing more than to find a doctor that appreciates natural routes instead of pharmaceuticals. I actually spoke with someone recently whose Dr put them on a Kratom protocol. I was shocked. I will be going to an orthopedic surgeon next month and plan on telling him as well. I would much rather utilize Kratom over the other options out there. Good luck! :-bd ~GIna
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Do you mention Kratom use to your Dr. 2 weeks 3 days ago #51543

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4250
hey pat!

its such a personal decision. i told my primary ive been taking a variety of herbals. his only question was do they work? lol.. that was it. but kratom and other herbals have helped me regulate my blood pressure and cholesterol without medication. and still doing ok it seems with my new covid20 (weight)! i am going soon so i hope i can remain scriptless.

i had an appointment with a naturopath before all this hit. have to reschedule but waiting to go mask free. nothing like alot of talking with a new doc with a mask on haha..

you can always test the waters with akuamma and such and judge their reaction. buy your disclosure is up to you. if you are in a banned/ potentially banned state it can b a touchy subject for some.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Do you mention Kratom use to your Dr. 2 weeks 3 days ago #51541

• goshawk
  • goshawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 65
Well I have not made the decision to mention to him, it just crossed my mind.

Pat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Do you mention Kratom use to your Dr. 2 weeks 3 days ago #51537

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1519
Hey goshawk,

It’s really upto to you Ofcourse , just keep in mind that most western docs won’t know about kratom , and if they do , may have a skewed view based on the bad media promoted by big pharma and those who risk loss of money due to Kratom’s benefits cutting into their prescription pill profits ...

Just be prepared , but then again you might be pleasantly surprised if your doc I’m fairly open minded . If your getting blood work , and there issues with the results , I’d def mention to the doc ... it would be highly unlikely correlated to kratom use unless your intake was in heroic amounts . Many who have been taking 30gms a day for years who’ve shared their results with the community have had across the board healthy readings .. in most cases better than than previous ones .

No harm in mentioning either way , just saying that the unknown herbs such as kratom in the medical community may be skeptical and urge against it ... what would be awesome is when : if you get your blood work back and it’s better than previous ones , throw out their “I suppose my therapeutic use of kratom had done wonders for my health “ lol.

Good luck brother , please share what you end up doing if your comfortable with sharing that info .

Take care
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Babel-17

Do you mention Kratom use to your Dr. 2 weeks 3 days ago #51536

• goshawk
  • goshawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 65
Just curious, do you mention Kratom use to your Dr.

Going to be visiting my primary care Doc for the first time since my big accident and thought to my self, is it relevant to mention my Kratom usage to him?

Back in my pot smoking days I generally did not mention that part of my life but that was more recreational where is this is more therapeutic but then will that knowledge cause more issues?

Just wondering what other folks think.

Pat
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds