Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Yale study - Kratom as antidepressant 2 months 1 week ago #51945

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4423
yes leelove,

kratom has saved many of us in different ways. many of us have self medicated in different ways and it just wasnt right. i have an extreme intolerance to traditional pain meds so i get it. but kratom and other herbals was just the best fit for me. it helps with all kinds of pain, and helps with mood. sometimes its literally an anti-bitch powder for me!

ill have to check out chatfield hollow! i just recently discovered my near me backroads through the farms and fields of northford near the 80 intersection.. sounds like a good road trip with our pup! thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Yale study - Kratom as antidepressant 2 months 1 week ago #51927

• Leelove
  • Leelove's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 149
What wonderful stories of hope and inspiration, Brandon and Michele.

Most decades of my life I would do the math and think with dread exactly what age I'd be in 2020. Yikes! So here comes 2020 with a pandemic, I'm caring for aging parents, my gym therapy gone....all the while feeling there was no way I'd survive it with my depression problem. Kratom came along and literally saved my life. BTW, alcohol, weed and antidepressants don't agree with me at all.

Now every day I have my coffee, do an intense dance workout, shower, and enjoy my Kratom time. I CAN get through this with the help of simple leaves from a tree. Such a good feeling that it comes from the earth, and so nice to have new friends who understand the beauty.

Happy Leafing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaycee777, michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

New Yale study - Kratom as antidepressant 2 months 1 week ago #51924

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2015
Nice !!!

I can only speak from my experience, but after taking kratom daily for a week straight , I was more than motivated to get off anti depressant meds , following week stopped anxiety meds...

For the past 3 years of my daily kratom regimen, I’ve been living a much happier pain reduced , anxiety lowered and non existent depression challenged life . Life is challenging still,!but I haven’t sunk into the dark abyss that was my life for many years .

While kratom is a herb that the body can become dependent on(very diff from addiction), i exchanged the prescription meds for this lovely leaf without hesitation. Miraculous in helping with the three weights tied to my ankle ..chronic pain, depression and anxiety. All intertwined, and all three ailments met with tremendous relief because of kratom !

Thx for posting this Leelove, I’m looking forward to the science highlighting the truth about this beneficial herb more and more. Life is better with kratom :) (L)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17, Leelove

New Yale study - Kratom as antidepressant 2 months 1 week ago #51920

• Leelove
  • Senior Boarder
I live in a huge senior building, and five ladies have come to get their free Kratom sample. Everyone loves it!

I found it so strange that antidepressants decrease dopamine. Wouldn't you think depressed people need more dopamine?

I took a 4-day break from Kratom. Hardly any withdrawal symptoms and my tolerance is back to zero. I needed the break because I was taking too much using measuring spoons. The scale really helps. Feeling good effects at 2.5 grams.

Yeah, I don't miss the humidity. I miss Chatfield Hollow :)

Happy leafing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

New Yale study - Kratom as antidepressant 2 months 1 week ago #51917

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
wow vegas.. thats awesome. yeah its a bit hot there! but at least you dont have to worry too much about humidity!

thanks for this. so glad yale is doing studies.

and yes, even if no one else is in the gym, working out with a mask umm nope. not me.

New Yale study - Kratom as antidepressant 2 months 2 weeks ago #51879

• Leelove
  • Senior Boarder
I've been living in Vegas since around 1999. The summers are too dang hot!

The Yale article says Kratom affects Seratonin AND Dopamine receptors....but check this out: "SSRI antidepressants work by boosting circulating levels of serotonin, a mood-regulating neurotransmitter that also inhibits desire. The drugs also decrease dopamine, a neurotransmitter involved in a wide range of cognitive and behavioral processes, among them desire and arousal." Antidepressants decrease dopamine. No wonder they never worked for me.

Amazing the way our earth cares for us (L)

I always treated my depression with the gym. I can't go to the gym because I don't want to pass the virus to my parents.

This amazing leaf is getting me through the pandemic.

Happy leafing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaycee777, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Leelove. Reason: found more info

New Yale study - Kratom as antidepressant 2 months 2 weeks ago #51875

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
small world leelove! i lived in new haven for 13 yers and been in north haven for about 3 now. i work in milford but the commute isnt too bad since i do off hours.

are you still in CT? if you dont mind me asking.

im just glad MORE people/ universities are willing to consider it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

New Yale study - Kratom as antidepressant 2 months 2 weeks ago #51874

• Leelove
  • Senior Boarder
Michele, I lived most of my life near Yale in Milford, New Haven, East and West Haven.

I always just read the conclusion at the end of these technical articles.

"In conclusion, the research conducted on kratom, especially its major constituent mitragynine, shows promise for the possible future use of kratom as an antidepressant and antipsychotic. Additional research needs to be conducted on the mechanism of action of kratom and its constituents to analyze the mechanism in which it elicits antidepressant and antipsychotic effects. We suggest the interaction of kratom on both dopamine and serotonin receptors may lead to a decrease in psychosis, especially due to the interaction of the dopamine receptor, as demonstrated by other antipsychotic medications interaction with this receptor. Depression is likely decreased due to the interaction on serotonin receptors, as seen with the interaction of other antidepressants on serotonin receptors. Due to mitragynine’s affinity to dopamine and serotonin receptors this compound shows significant promise as a lead drug or treatment for psychiatric disorders"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaycee777, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

New Yale study - Kratom as antidepressant 2 months 2 weeks ago #51853

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
thank you leelove!

i mostly take kratom for pain. BUT when i am stressed or more amped up, it really does help.

thank you for posting this! i live very close to yale. i wish they offered clinical studies for kratom! ive gotten paid big$ on occasion for some of their behavioral studies. when i was quitting smoking i almost signed up for a study but i was too grumpy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

New Yale study - Kratom as antidepressant 2 months 2 weeks ago #51851

• Leelove
  • Senior Boarder
Promising Yale University study - June 29, 2020

The Potential for Kratom as an Antidepressant and Antipsychotic

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7309668/

Poll: Does Kratom help with your depression or anxiety?

Yes. The only thing that has ever worked for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaycee777, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Leelove. Reason: forgot to add something
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds