Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

First Gummie bears and now Chia seeds 1 month 2 weeks ago #52370

• Leelove
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 149
Ren,

My bro's doc said if you don't take magnesium citrate every day it can cause constipation.....but if you take it religiously daily it's the best thing for constipation. Your body gets used to the magnesium and needs it, so if you miss a dose you'll get backed up.

I take Magnesiu Citrate a half hour before my Kratom & grapefruit, because Magnesium and grapefruit are powerful Kratom potentiators. That's my recipe for super potent Kratom.

Happy Leafing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Ren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Leelove.

First Gummie bears and now Chia seeds 1 month 2 weeks ago #52368

• Ren
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Chia seeds are a great idea. I do personally have constipation. Kratom is definitely a factor, but it might also be Fibromyalgia which typically comes with GI issues and/or other medications. I too take Magnesium citrate. Not every day (I probably should) but when the constipation gets bad. Magnesium citrate and oxide don't absorb very well and will counteract constipation. The better absorbing magnesiums are great for muscle issues and pain.

If you are interested in Kratom edibles have you tried Kratom honey balls? Some people like taking their Kratom that way. I can find a recipe if you don't have one or maybe some one here has a recipe. I haven't tried it myself but some really like it. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

First Gummie bears and now Chia seeds 1 month 2 weeks ago #52365

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2015
Hey everyone :-h

On the topic of chia seeds , my favorite way to take those is to mix with lemon water . Love the taste and consistency of the chai lemon water , in essence chewing my drink lol, also adding a pinch of sea salt or tab / drops of electrolytes.... extra helpful !

I still want to try the kratom honey ball concoction, I think Michele has done this in the past.... and I recall her saying it’s was pretty good , Ofcourse you’d need to keep in the fridge or freezer to keep from falling apart while storing ... at least that’s my assumption :)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leelove

First Gummie bears and now Chia seeds 1 month 2 weeks ago #52361

• Leelove
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 149
Hi Pat

I think making Kratom edibles would be a big mess for me, and I love that you're honest about your gummy bear fail :-P

My first week of Kratom made me constipated.

For the past few months I've been taking 300 mg. Magnesium Citrate a half hour before Kratom & grapefruit juice that I take around noon every day.

I've been perfectly regular for months now, and I've had constipation issues and migrains in the past, but no more.

I eat one full meal a day around 4:00 pm always with a big helping of fresh greenbeans. In the morning I have a continental breakfast of coffee, raisen toast and OJ. In the evening I treat myself to a Fat Boy icecream sandwich.

I try to walk to the park every morning and workout at the gym three times a week, and I try to drink water throughout the day.

I like your Chia seeds mixed with Kratom experiment. Interesting to see if it works for you.

Happy Leafing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, goshawk

Last edit: by Leelove.

First Gummie bears and now Chia seeds 1 month 2 weeks ago #52346

• goshawk
  • goshawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Well after the great Gummie bear experiment, I have finally decided maybe Kratom and edibles don't go together.
I did make two variations and the last one was not, well not too horrible. Still maybe because I take like 5 to 8 grams at a time and that is a lot of chewing. I can swallow faster than I can chew so since there is no making kraton taste good, I think I'll stick to drinking it.

On another note, I have read that Kratom can make you constipated and while it has not been a major issue with me, I have noticed kratom has some affect in this area. So...the wild and crazy guy that I am. I tried adding some chia seeds to the water I mix with my kratom and drink it all together. I mean just a teaspoon but it does seem to help. This is only Day two of the experiment but initial results are positive.

The Gummie bear experiment was not total loss, as I plan on trying to make some Turmeric gummies to help with inflammation

Pat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds