Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Unwanted effects- bad kratom batch or dehydration? 1 month 2 weeks ago #52679

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2110
It’s entirely possible that the kratom you’re taking may have higher levels of heavy metals, I would say every kratom to my knowledge has some traces of heavy metals but the responsible venders test to make sure it’s within an acceptable range. Even vegetables contain trace amounts of heavy metals, and depending on where any particular crop is grown they can either have more or less and if fertilized with chemical fertilizers, Could add to some more heavy-metal content. My suggestion would be to not buy from that source anymore, choose one of our excellent vendors that are known for a quality assured products. Most if not all perform lab work on the leaf, or are in the process and heading in that direction of lab work/testing. There can be some funky Kratom…No doubt… That just makes you feel weird, so many factors contribute towards that....

Thanks for checking in and letting us know the status, do you need any suggestions for trusted vendors, we have a long list, also if you eat some sea vegetables/seaweed… As well as pick up your intake of cilantro, these are known to help buying to heavy metals and allow you to pass them through your body via HuroThanks for checking in and letting us know the status, do you need any suggestions for trusted vendors, we have a long list, also if you eat some sea vegetables/seaweed… As well as pick up your intake of cilantro, these are known to help buying to heavy metals and allow you to pass them through your body via urine . I take approximately 30 g a day and have no signs of heavy metal issues in my body that I can sell… So two more likely possibilities are one yes it has high metal content and or two it’s a funky batch, either way it’s time to find a new source my friend (L) :)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Leelove

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unwanted effects- bad kratom batch or dehydration? 1 month 2 weeks ago #52678

• FastKawi1
  • FastKawi1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Has anyone heard about or experienced kratom with high levels of heavy metals in it (lead, nickel...)? I'm thinking this may be what happened. Did some research and found articles/lab tests of kratom being tested for metals, seems like this may likely have been the problem.
Either taking a small amount (2-4g) every day finally led to something being too accumulated in my system, heavy metals for example, OR
The kratom shop here in town apparently has very contaminated kratom. I have looked for their lab results on their website with no luck, I'll try again. Their product is the only kratom that ever gave me any weird side effects. I should have known! Either way I cut my dose in half and now I'm done with it. Took activated charcoal yesterday, to help flush anything out, and I feel much better.

If ANY kratom, especially in a small dose (even 1gram), gives any strange/unwanted side effects at all (anything that might point to high amounts of heavy metals and those side effects), is it likely that it is contaminated kratom and should be tossed out? Or can poor quality kratom alone, not contaminated with anything, cause weird side effects?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Unwanted effects- bad kratom batch or dehydration? 1 month 2 weeks ago #52628

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4065
Someone who has worked outside in the heat during the summers and I hate drinking water I very well know that letting myself get to heat exhaustion was my own fault. Kratom is dehydrating and normally you need to drink H2O more but with working in the heat and sweating it depletes electrolytes and sodium levels, lots of water just doesn't work, for me I needed to replace sodium levels even more important than electrolytes.
It does sound like you allowed your body to get to heat exhaustion not so much the kratom and other supplements.

I couldn't work standing on my feet without the kratom, and the kratom helped me mentally deal with the heat. I used electrolyte powder in my water and ate salty foods to manage. Please be careful next time , if you stop sweating that's the worst sign you are going form heat exhaustion to heat stroke.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

Unwanted effects- bad kratom batch or dehydration? 1 month 2 weeks ago #52627

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2590
I've taken up to 200 mg. of phenylpiracetam but now I stick to 100 mg., taken a few times a week. I read the positive review of it from that cosmonaut, and decided to give it a try. Not bad!

My "broken record" is that when taking racetams, or anything stimulating, including Kratom, you might want to consider boosting your choline levels. On the nootropic reddits they usually treat its benefits as a "it is known".

Some people use exotic and expensive choline bearing supplements, albeit acetylcholine powder is getting pretty mainstream and affordable these days, and is considered effective. Any form of lecithin will have plenty of choline though, and it will also have inositol.

Choline can help with leveling out a feeling of being over amped, and its food for the brain. For me it helps with the feeling of pressure in my head I can get from a very stimulating Kratom, and I imagine that it might help with symptoms like shaking hands. Maybe see if you can alter your diet to substitute out another protein source for some eggs, and see how that feels.

I keep a jar of sunflower lecithin powder on my kitchen table for when I feel the need, though I do eat my share of eggs. For a while I took acetylcholine, but between that either taking care of me and/or my dialing back my use of nootropics (good Kratom filling the void) I haven't dug up my bag of that powder in a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Leelove

Unwanted effects- bad kratom batch or dehydration? 1 month 2 weeks ago #52624

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2110
Hey Fastkawi,

I’m sorry you mr body wasn’t feeling good , I can’t say for certain what the direct link to that is , but I can assure you that the amount of kratom you take is on the very low end of the intake spectrum. Not being very well schooled with nootropics , I can’t comment on that part of the equation. As a general suggestion and solid guideline, buying from smoke shops ( which you said it wasn’t ) or herbal shops that don’t keep the integrity high , can be a gamble.

You just don’t know that your getting what you think your getting. That’s said , I can vouch for many online vendors that I’ve purchased from and have developed Friendships with . Let us know if you’d like some vendor suggestions . The ILK approved vendors have a satisfaction guarantee, within reason ... and will , in the case of getting a bad batch , refund or replace with diff leaf . And the quality is great , as is consistency from many that I’ve tried . But kratom is a trip, effects can differ from day to day even with the same batch ... def a riddle lol

The hot weather , the questionable kratom , combined with not enough water while doing physical labor ... could be the whole combo of those that brought on the ill effects .

I want to reiterate that the amount of leaf you take is very low , and that in all likelihood, it was the combo and or just iffy leaf . Even with the low amount , drinking more water is always a good idea .

General rule of thumb, drink a gallon of water a day . If it’s intense heat , and your being very active, you may require more ... Especially when taking kratom . Adding electrolytes to your water is a great thing to make sure hydration is sufficient.

Sounds like you could have had more water , when you drank more at home you started to feel better .

Others will add to this , but sounds like you have a very respectful leaf regimen. Good form!

As a contrast, I take approximately 25-30 gms a day . The only issues I’ve had had been when I didn’t drink enough water ... had a headache , which went away after drinking a couple of glasses . Also some slight constipation in the beginning, I don’t have that problem and it’s been 3.5 years .

Hope my rant was helpful , take care !

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70, goshawk

Unwanted effects- bad kratom batch or dehydration? 1 month 2 weeks ago #52621

• FastKawi1
  • FastKawi1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
For about a year now, I've been taking 2-4 grams of powder once every day and try not to do any more than that. Will sometimes go a little over if I take it more than once a day, but can't say I've gone over 6/7 grams in a day in a very long time. Almost always take it right after coffee or caffeinated beverage, and drink water along with that.
Have a long term injury so I use it for that and a boost for working. I know taking breaks from kratom are important and I should do it much more often. Any time I've taken a 1-2 day break it was fine and I didn't feel anything out of the ordinary.
I recently have been getting all kratom from a local kratom botanical store, they have multiple locations and that's all they sell, they are not a smoke shop. From my personal experience, this store's kratom seems pretty inconsistent. A certain strain from them may work good one time, then the next time buying it 2 weeks later, it will not work and it will taste different. I've experienced some different slight side effects from many of their strains over time, things that better kratom I ordered online typically wouldn't do. But these current 3 strains I have from them now have me wondering if I should give up kratom all together.
I thought a 2-4 gram dose is definitely keeping it to a minimum? Or maybe I have been taking too many different strains?
So the one I took yesterday morning was a red bali strain and I drank it with turmeric powder and a little ashwaghanda powder (I feel like those potentiate it a little). 1-2 hours later I am working outside in 100 degree heat doing physical labor. About a hour in to working, I was feeling a bit slow and I decided to take some phenylpiracetam (just a nootropic, 3 100mg capsules). Didn't do much for me.
With only 3 hours of labor in that heat (very dry as well), but probably 5 hours of being outside yesterday, I drank 2 water bottles, which at the time I thought was enough until I got home. I was basically feeling pretty weak and mentally tired. Shortly after that while running an errand, it felt like something was happening, some of my muscles were pretty sore/achy, and discomfort from my heart, stomach and kidneys I believe. Hands were shaking a little after that. Right when I got home I drank lots of water and felt a bit better, but some areas were still achy. The only thing I could think about was "how can that small amount of kratom cause this to happen" it felt like the inside of my body was undergoing damage.

I'm wondering if what happened yesterday was purely dehydration (from kratom+ being in intense heat and dryness), or not drinking enough water on a daily basis with kratom, or kratom withdrawal, or a bad batch of kratom + not enough water. Maybe certain nootropics should be avoided as well, not sure.
Is any amount of kratom + physical labor in high temps/dryness something that should be avoided? Is it possible I harmed my body long-term at all? Should I avoid kratom from that store and order from online instead? Please let me know what you guys think, I know some of this might be pretty obvious but I've never had an experience like this one before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, goshawk

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds