09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
General discussion regarding the very popular topic of Kratom Extracts. Again, many members new and old would appreciate your input so feel free to start a topic with your Opinions, Questions, Preferences or Experiences.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I understand but don't

I understand but don't 1 year 11 months ago #29058

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3777

I'm not getting to good of results and because i wanted to try something different. Honestly I don't feel much from it anyway except a fear of taking to much plain leaf with it.

If you are not noticing the effects of Kratom anymore it is probably that you have developed some tolerance.

The only way to now for sure is to increase the dose and see what happens. If you notice the effects with a higher dose than you know it is tolerance.

However, that would be only a test. Best to keep the dose the same rather than letting it creep up I think.

Everytime I think KRatom is not working for me anymore I stop taking it and then I REALLY notice what it is doing for me.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I understand but don't 1 year 11 months ago #29035

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8697
The trick is to not take your USUAL DOSE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY. Not so easy.
Laurie

I understand but don't 1 year 11 months ago #29032

• Thefrogshateme
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 686

bomalley wrote: I think you need to ask yourself WHY?

If you are getting good results with regular plain leaf powder, WHY would you want to take this extract ...especially with all the uncertainties regarding dose and tolerance etc.

Laurie has indicated that she DOES use it BUT clearly she know WHY, and she only ues it under specific circumstances.

Ask yourself WHY? I mean WHY do you want to complicate your life?

I'm not getting to good of results and because i wanted to try something different. Honestly I don't feel much from it anyway except a fear of taking to much plain leaf with it.

I understand but don't 1 year 11 months ago #28914

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Indeed. This forum is only in existence because kratom CAN BE complicated.

Most of the details are overthought.

Kratom CAN BE pretty simple. Once you get through the learning curve AFTER THE HONEYMOON PHASE.

You gotta want it pretty bad. Bad enough to accept placebo results and be ok with that.
Laurie

I understand but don't 1 year 11 months ago #28901

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
I think you need to ask yourself WHY?

If you are getting good results with regular plain leaf powder, WHY would you want to take this extract ...especially with all the uncertainties regarding dose and tolerance etc.

Laurie has indicated that she DOES use it BUT clearly she know WHY, and she only ues it under specific circumstances.

Ask yourself WHY? I mean WHY do you want to complicate your life?
BEV

Last edit: by bomalley.

I understand but don't 1 year 11 months ago #28874

• Thefrogshateme
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder

Laurie wrote: It’s STILL an unpredictable, subtle plant.

The only thing wrong with extracts is it increases tolerance. I’ve found a way to utilize it when needed, then return to regular powder.

You can measure everything as precisely as you wish. It’s still a plant.

Use extracts with care. Being in recovery, I tend to use them minimally for EMERGENCIES like walking to the car.

With 2 preemies, you’ll have emergencies for the next 50 YEARS. God Willing.

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that. Just everyday things is enough to take extract. That sucks.

Here's a pretty solid answer to this I got from someone. I'm just not quite sure what color it is. I think it's brownish with crystal flakes.

BTW that extract is prolly ~40% alkaloids, so around 5-20% mitragynine. Probably on the lower end. The old 40% used to be ~8% mitragynine. My guess is it is probably around 4X as potent as PL unless it has been purified in some way (like white or gold colored). 10X at best but I doubt it. I would just cut out a gram of leaf and add a half gram of the extract. Not if it is white or yellow/gold though. That is much more potent, like truly 30-50X.

A gram of extract added to 50 gr of leaf would not really enhance it noticeably. Try adding it to 9-19 grams of leaf. Be sure it is mixed real well. That would add .4-.8% mitragynine to your total and turn your 1.6 leaf into 2-2.5% leaf.

Or you could prolly just use 10% mitragynine to make the math easy. I wanted to make some enhanced leaf but I think the extract I have is way too resinous. I think it would turn into a blob in my coffee grinder but maybe it would not get hot enough. I think I will try whizzing up just some of that extract. I have a gram of near pure mitragynine as well. I was thinking 10 gr brown extract, 1 gr white, and 39 gr PL and maybe powdered cats claw if I could find it. Then just use a gram of it. I need the perfect leaf though.

Last edit: by Thefrogshateme.

I understand but don't 1 year 11 months ago #28858

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
It’s STILL an unpredictable, subtle plant.

The only thing wrong with extracts is it increases tolerance. I’ve found a way to utilize it when needed, then return to regular powder.

You can measure everything as precisely as you wish. It’s still a plant.

Use extracts with care. Being in recovery, I tend to use them minimally for EMERGENCIES like walking to the car.

With 2 preemies, you’ll have emergencies for the next 50 YEARS. God Willing.
Laurie

I understand but don't 1 year 11 months ago #28855

• Thefrogshateme
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah, but how much to add to how much. Guessing with extract doesn't seem good

I understand but don't 1 year 11 months ago #28854

• Thefrogshateme
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder

bomalley wrote: So it must be a dried extract or something.

When you are referring to <strong>.4gms of extract</strong> that is the weight of the powder you are measuring?

Yup.

I understand but don't 1 year 11 months ago #28848

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
So it must be a dried extract or something.

When you are referring to .4gms of extract that is the weight of the powder you are measuring?
BEV

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds