Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

Kratom for Depression/ Mood Enhancement 1 year 2 months ago #38311

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8778
Nice work, Somethingsacred Brandon! You have graduated to trainer! Excellent advice! Not that you asked me. LOL
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kratom for Depression/ Mood Enhancement 1 year 2 months ago #38308

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Hey Robbie, I’ve had plenty of opiate history when I started kratom, but was not taking any opiates at the time I began taking kratom. I started with 2 tsp , approximately 4 gms. And that was perfect but could have started with
1-1/2 tsp and still have gotten the relief needed. Like NAN70 said , based on the recent med use , if you’ve been using pain meds you will probably need a bigger dose , but maybe starting off at 1-1/2 - 2 tsp and taking
1/2 tsp every 45-60 minuets until you get relief. That said I think until there last been a decent hiatus from meds you won’t feel the total benefits possible from kratom .. from what I’ve read from others personal accounts on the forum. Once you take to much you can’t backtrack, but start reasonably and you can add more and then more , then you won’t feel the wobbles from to much or say hi to the porcelain

Take care kind sir

Kratom for Depression/ Mood Enhancement 1 year 2 months ago #38307

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3918
Dosing is harder to guess based on the average I have read 3 to up to 8 grams might be needed. It depends on your prior and current med use. I will link some convos about switching off when I am home from work. Until then maybe others have feedback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Kratom for Depression/ Mood Enhancement 1 year 2 months ago #38304

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Hi Robie,

Sorry I got tied up with other responsibilities during your time of need/request. Since Nan70 gave excellent advice, please keep us informed on how you’re feeling.

Keep in mind, with the flu AND withdrawals, you will suffer some misery - from the flu! Kratom does not mask the flu AT ALL, but I use a red or green to bring down the fever/with the dreaded Tylenol (half dose).

I also have a lovely post nasal drip and fever/headache. Having some red Agatha from COB with a Tylenol.

I feel kinda crappy and sympathize with your flu. Nothing gets around it.

Hang in there! I’ll go look for your private message (pm) and see if you need anything further besides rest and fluids! I’m adding extra electrolytes in my Youngevity Tangy Tangerine vitamin drink.

Cheers
Laurie

Kratom for Depression/ Mood Enhancement 1 year 2 months ago #38303

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1392

Nan70 wrote: Just an instinctual guessing here and without the <em>kratom is subjective to a number of factors</em>/without knowing the particular alkaloids in each strain.
If these strain for from Insense I would try these first
Green Hulu for the Day
Rad Bali and Red Malay for the night

Generally Reds are recommend for withdrawal and switching over from pain meds. Good to start with Reds. If too sedating I think you can mix some white sumatra in with them.

Best to you hope everyhtign goes well.

Thank you so very much Nan. I really appreciate your feed back. And should I start with the equivalent of 5 capsules? Or how many grams? I'm not concerned with starting at the lowest dose. I need something that will give me ease right away. I have a digital scale. I do not want to ever experience withdrawals again.

Thank you Nan. I hope you have a wonderful day and take the time to smell the wonderful spring blossoms. Be blessed and thank you again.

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Kratom for Depression/ Mood Enhancement 1 year 2 months ago #38297

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3918
Just an instinctual guessing here and without the kratom is subjective to a number of factors/without knowing the particular alkaloids in each strain.
If these strain for from Insense I would try these first
Green Hulu for the Day
Rad Bali and Red Malay for the night

Generally Reds are recommend for withdrawal and switching over from pain meds. Good to start with Reds. If too sedating I think you can mix some white sumatra in with them.

Best to you hope everyhtign goes well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Kratom for Depression/ Mood Enhancement 1 year 2 months ago #38295

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
Laurie? Do you have a moment to answer a couple of questions? I'd like your input because I know you've been down a difficult road involving opiates. I'm needing advice on which strain helped you quit opioids. I don't want to be writhing on the floor and have all energy sapped. I need to start this and I want a strain that allows and mimics as much as possible the mU receptors. I have the following strains: Red Ketapang, Gold MD, White Sumatra, Red Maeng Da, Red Malay, Green Maeng Da, Green Bentuangie, Green Hulu, and Red Bali. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I trust you. And I thank you in advance. If there is ever anything I may do for you in return please let me know. I would be honored.

Be blessed and have a beautiful spring day. ( such lovely flowers are strutting their stuff at the moment)

Robie

Kratom for Depression/ Mood Enhancement 1 year 2 months ago #38294

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder

Laurie wrote: Dear Robie,

Mention here if you wrote back there. Here is fine going forward. I run out of time and energy before checking those private messages with no alerts. Yes, the request for alerts has been issued and will be again.

Yes, the KARMA button still needs fixing or removal...request went in and I got a bunch of OTHER STUFF TO DO in return. Oops haha

Eventually I will get these little annoyances fixed for us...

You are a kind soul, Robie. Very healing addition to the fam damily. A calming red vein kinda guy.

Thank you Laurie. I appreciate the sentiment. I have the flu again! This is the strangest bug I've had the displeasure of knowing. I wish it would leave me be!! I did write to you in a private message. That's a nifty feature for sure! Thank you again for introducing me to this feature.

Have a wonderful day and be blessed in all endeavors!

Robie

Kratom for Depression/ Mood Enhancement 1 year 2 months ago #38292

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Dear Robie,

Mention here if you wrote back there. Here is fine going forward. I run out of time and energy before checking those private messages with no alerts. Yes, the request for alerts has been issued and will be again.

Yes, the KARMA button still needs fixing or removal...request went in and I got a bunch of OTHER STUFF TO DO in return. Oops haha

Eventually I will get these little annoyances fixed for us...

You are a kind soul, Robie. Very healing addition to the fam damily. A calming red vein kinda guy.
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie.

Kratom for Depression/ Mood Enhancement 1 year 2 months ago #38277

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Laurie. I got your message. I learn something new here all the time. I think you are a good soul and thank you for the message. I enjoyed your response.

Be blessed Laurie. I'm still fighting this bug, whatever it is, just when I start to feel better it comes back and bites me again!

Be blessed Laurie and thank you again.

Robie

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds