Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 10 months 3 weeks ago #45779

• Katrina B.
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 294
Thats no lie Michelle, the attitude thing. Creates its own reality. My Aunt has had MS for 40 years and before she got real old she was riding motorcycles and enjoying the Florida sunshine going out in boats on the Gulf, enjoying fights with her sister, traveling. Just hugging life in her own way. She is still going in her 80s. Thanks for youre post and story.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, Suz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 10 months 3 weeks ago #45778

• Katrina B.
  • Expert Boarder
Great to get peoples personal tea recipes. Very interesting. Going to try all of them. What a bonus. Grateful. So wonderful the way everyone is on responding. Im sort of ststuck in this thread. Got to get around a bit. Very eye opening any ot her tea prep ideas, im open to that as well. Doesnt sound like people actually boil and simmer the leaves for 15 minutes. More of a steeping and warming t hing.

Sleep well all. Im on PST So I got a way to go before bed. Im a niteowl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Suz

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 10 months 3 weeks ago #45777

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4393
hey suz,

im sorry to hear. that sucks. but it sounds like you already had a clue something else was going on. theres worse things. sure theres better, but now you KNOW.

I didn't need a doc or an MRI to tell me I had osteoarthritis. felt the occasional grinding. I just KNEW it. now I know I have torn cartilage too. whatever. already had surgery in that knee. not looking to do that again any time soon.

who knows in 20 yrs we can swop out body parts like a Barbie.. lol.. im putting myself on the list for 2 new legs! haha.

my exec chef has MS.. HE STILL ROCKS OUT. 7 days a week. nuts! has occasional numbing but shakes it off. part of why a leadership role is great for him. I don't know what kinds of scripts hes on, but no pain pills either. he benefits ALOT from akuamma..I help by making caps. in sense has a great price and product. ordered some from fused flora too. ill let you all know once I try it from them. haven't had anything but great products from them too.

its all about attitude. when you appreciate what you have and have a grateful outlook things get better. its not what you lost, but what you have!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Suz, Katrina B.

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 10 months 3 weeks ago #45775

• Suz
  • Suz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 131
Thank you all for the great tea tips !

I will enjoy experimenting with your ideas !

And, yes...I meant grams, not ounces ! ( I’m a dork ) !

I also like the idea of using my bullet blender with some strawberry banana smoothie juice !

I am happy that this just may be working for me after all, and beyond thankful to each of you for all of your learned wisdom and sage advice !

I was waiting until I found something that would work with Kratom before telling you all this. But, I have spent the past week being tested for MS.

I just got the report that the doc does believe I have rr MS. The lumbar puncture was NOT FUN, and I don’t like the diagnosis much...but I had feared I had many of the symptoms and have had them for at least a year. So, I do not believe it is a death sentence. I know it will be challenging and troubling at times. But I will be fighting very hard !

They immediately wanted to put me right back on a higher dose of Lyrica. I told them “no thank you. “ The stuff only harms, not helps.

So, I will be on a bunch of new meds, but...get this....no pain medications. You must be kidding me. Like people with MS don’t have severe pain ! Thanks, opioid crisis !

But I think I’ve found my solution to my pain right here !

So, today, I’m going to just focus on how blessed I feel to have found Kratom and, most importantly, how blessed I am to have found each and every one of you ! There is. NOTHING LIKE A SUPPORT NETWORK !

Have a wonderful night !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, Katrina B., Lacie J.

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 10 months 3 weeks ago #45771

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1957
Good afternoon Suz,

*My method for making tea has a couple steps :
*optional- soak the material ( crushed leaf or powder ) in either GFJ or lemon/ lime juice ... about 2 shot glasses worth of juice ...
*boil water while kratom is soaking ...
*let the water cool for one minuets and combine the juice soaked kratom with the super hot (but cooled for a 2 minuets) water
* I use a big thermos some times (but you could put it in the tea kettle with the water and simmer for 15-30 or so minutes
* optional 1/2 -1/4 tsp of citric acid
- let it soak for 15- 30 minuets
- add a herbal tea bag if desired with some honey and or lemon juice

This is the way I’ve done it several time with powdered kratom... if your using a thermos, the water will stay pretty hot and you can skip the simmering process ...

Crushed leaf makes it a breeze to strain, if using powder most of it will fall to the bottom of the container ... pour off the liquid and start small.. The last batch I made was pretty strong I probably could’ve gotten away with drinking a half a cup but ended up drinking 2 cups... If after 40 minutes or an hour you’re needing more drink a little bit more until you get your ratios down and know how strong it is! It will take some experimenting !!

Somthing nice like fresh ginger root or even turmeric root could be a nice addition... haven’t tried that but probably will next time I desire tea !

Hope your feeling good and happy today :)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Suz, Katrina B., Lacie J.

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 10 months 3 weeks ago #45770

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2513
Suz, try putting your serving in a cup and then pouring boiling water on it. Stir it up, then let it sit. If you have a microwave warm it up to the desired temperature, sweeten to taste, use creamer if you like, stir it up, and start drinking. If sipping then stir it again now and then.

Kratom powder is no more hard for me to digest that what goes into my green smoothies, and I use a lot of powder in those.

Once this gets to be your thing you can have the tea sitting in the water for an hour or longer ahead of time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Katrina B.

Last edit: by Babel-17.

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 10 months 3 weeks ago #45769

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2513
We're all assuming grams, not ounces, were meant, amirite? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Suz, Katrina B.

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 10 months 3 weeks ago #45768

• Suz
  • Suz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 131
Thanks for the tea info all !

If I order crushed Kratom, I fear I will not know how much to put into the tea. Do I have to buy a scale ?

It’s easy to just open up the pre measured capsules and plop them into tea bags...then you know your dose.

I have looked at the tea making instructions on this forum, but I guess I’m just dumb ( and certainly tea-illiterate) ... because I have no idea how much to order....or how much to use in each cup of tea.

Any ideas....because my body just loves the tea, but hates the capsules! I don’t even mind the taste of the tea !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Katrina B.

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 10 months 3 weeks ago #45765

• Katrina B.
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Suz jusf spent 20 minutes doing a text abd it would not submit. After correcting all the errors. Frustrated. The n it disappeared.

Thank you for reaching out to me. And all the rest of you lovely people who did as well.

I am a experienced tea person. I wondered about the instructions on this site for boiling the tea, pouring off after simmering for a while adding water boiling again, and pouring it into the 1st batch. Your experience of it being too weak makes sense of the boiling preperation.

Good luck and dont give up. Eating raw powder is rough on us humans. If we had 2 stomachs like cows it might be ok. It doesent bother me too much but i have a cast iron stomach.I dont know the location of the tea making instruction but its under topics. Love all you folks. This has given me hope again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Suz

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 10 months 3 weeks ago #45759

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9047
Hi Suz!

Since you are stuck using powder, it takes much more product to get a good dose for tea to be helpful! I think you figured it out already and there are details galore available if you search under TEA or KRATOM TEA. Ideally, a crushed leaf (not powder) is recommended for tea making and I’m thinking you’ll want to go ahead and order some CRUSHED LEAF to get good effects. Thank you for being patient with the process and asking questions. It is time consuming and that can frustrate many people to try something else, but I think you’re wise to see the potential benefits for your pain management are worth some trial and error.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Suz, Katrina B.

Last edit: by Laurie.
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds