Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 11 months 3 hours ago #45640

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9047
PS: now that you researched that head shop product, USE IT if it helps! :-)
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Suz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 11 months 3 hours ago #45639

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Thanks for posting this update, Suz! You’re learning as quickly as one can. Hopefully your allergy symptoms are resolved and you can proceed. That lyrica is the pits! Hopefully you can get product you find helpful so you can ditch the Lyrica and start getting on with your life without debilitating discomfort.
Laurie

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 11 months 4 hours ago #45635

• Suz
  • Suz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 131
Thank you so much Michelle.

I don’t want a high feeling from the Kratom, just some relief from my severe pain.

I am disappointed, but not yet deterred. I am going to order the red Bali.

I did check, and I know for certain that I was not taking an extract. I did research on the Kratom from the head shop and it was made by Medicine Man, and it was Kratom powder only. They are a legitimate vendor. I’m sure the quality was not great, but it was not an extract.

I have red reviews about the red Borneo from the vendor where I got it, and there are actually some other complaints about it very similar to mine. However, there were no negative reviews about the red bali as far as pain relief goes, so I am going to get that as an exchange.

Lyrica does nothing to relieve my pain. It’s a drug that works until it turns on you. It starts giving you bad side effects, and then worse while tapering. So, it is actually increasing my pain. So, I do imagine that it is a great part of the problem.

I really do appreciate your very kind message and the way that you have stuck with me.

I’m still here, still hanging on. Hoping for the very best...always !

I hope you have a wonderful afternoon !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 11 months 21 hours ago #45623

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4393
hey suz!

im glad you got your delivery. how much did you take? did you try to up your dose again to find your 'sweet spot'? it might be worth another go around before you return it. but if you don't want to we understand. kratom is a bit more trial/ error work.

I agree with laurie that it may be the other stuff blocking your receptors. maybe you might need the red bali. if you do take caps either bite or prick with a pin. down some hot beverage after. try to get them to 'break' at the same time. but if the regular leaf doesn't work again. up th dose a bit. if that doesn't work yes.. you might need an extract. which many of us are not accustomed to! ive taken concentrated kratom a total of 3 times. ever.

but most approved vendors carry them. oties comes to mind. im positive theres many.

and yes I have and I think some if not most of us have had 'do nothing' kratom experiences. it does happen.

laurie, jury duty not even for you and NO WI-FI! that blows.

im glad you had some bonding time with the moms though!

suz,,

good news is you have a vendor you can use! yippee!!!! I just hope another strain works stellar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Suz

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 11 months 21 hours ago #45622

• Suz
  • Junior Boarder
That is great advice.

I stopped taking the hydrocodone while I tried Kratom. I would never combine them.

But, surely the residual amounts in my system are enough to create chaos with really experiencing the benefits of Kratom.

I am doing a slow taper of Lyrica, because stopping cold turkey is really not recommended. I might have considered it, but for the fact that I do have a mild seizure disorder, and cold turkey for me would send me into seizure after seizure. Thus, the very slow taper.

I will keep all of your good advice in mind as I proceed here.

Funny how coming off of hydrocodone is so much easier than eliminating Lyrica.

Laurie, it was very kind of you to go with your mom to jury duty. I certainly can imagine what an exhausting day that was for you and I hope you were refreshed after your long sleep !

I really appreciate everyone’s kind and sound advice !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 11 months 1 day ago #45620

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Hi Suz,

I think at the very beginning of your journey here, we explained that kratom will not be FELT while opiates are on board.

That head shop kratom sounds like an extract, since you got pain relief. Extracts are addicting and I’m not sure you wish to form a new habit.

Exchange your product and then see if it helps, by all means! But I suspect your conflicting overload of pharmaceutical meds is where the issue lies.

Patience is required with finding the right strain, vendor(s) and dose. Contraindications with multiple pharmaceuticals is the most likely issue.

It’s a good deal of work to find the right products when there are no pharmaceuticals involved, so your situation is complicated and you may not feel ANYTHING but the extracts until you’ve reduced your use of the pharmaceuticals.

In the short term, that extract may be what you need to complete your transition from Lyrica/hydrocodone to kratom. But it takes time and patience and you’ll be unable to feel kratom leaf products until you wean yourself off of the extract (much easier than weaning off Lyrica, but not without discomfort).

Jury duty was a trip (I’m a lover of the process, but Mom is not and she was the one called). I went with Mom because of her stamina issues at age 78 and “we” spent all day in court before a jury was finally selected. It was a special experience with my Mom that I’ll always have (unless I get Alzheimer’s). Glad it was only one day because MY stamina is worse than my Mom’s and I slept for 12 hours following our day in court. Mom is fine! LOL
Laurie

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 11 months 1 day ago #45617

• Suz
  • Junior Boarder
I really appreciate all of your follow ups.

I did not get these messages before my Kratom arrived yesterday, and since it was Red Borneo and not Red Bali, and was from a different, vetted vendor...I did try it.

I did not have near the itching with it. So, that’s a plus. Of course, the minus is that I really got nothing out of it at all. Zip, zero, zilch. No pain relief, nothing.

But at least I’ve found out that reputable vendor Kratom does not make me itch. Now, I’m hoping that I just found Red Borneo to be ineffective. So, this means that another strain might work.

The thing about it is this...while the head shop Kratom made me itch terribly, it actually DID help with my pain. And I think it was actually too strong, because it made my heart rate drop, like opioid pain meds do.

So, I talked to the customer service people where I ordered the Red Borneo, and they offered to replace it with the Red Bali capsules.

I TOLD THEM I WOULD NEED TO CONSULT WITH MY EXPERTS ( you guys ) FIRST !

Would you guys accept their offer and try their version of Red Bali, or do you think, head shop or not, that I will have adverse effects with ANY kIND of red Bali ?

And has anyone else had the experience of taking Kratom and getting no effects whatsoever from it ?

Thank you guys for hanging in there with me and supporting me through all of this !

I can’t believe how much I trust each of you in such a short time ! I am overwhelmed with gratitude ! Each one if you is amazing !

I look forward to hearing what you think about my current predicament.

And, Laurie...did I read you had jury duty ? I’m a lawyer and I think jury duty sucks ! Not really a model lawyer, huh ? And just yesterday, in the mail, I got my summons for jury duty ! Not going to happen. My husband loves jury duty ! I personally would prefer to spend that time in the dentist’s chair. But kudos to anyone who enjoys jury duty. I guess my professional opinions as a lawyer and learning how it REALLY works have led to this bitterness. Sorry for this rant.

Hope you are all having glorious days.

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 11 months 1 day ago #45605

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Suz!

Of all days to have internet access denied! I was hoping maybe Brandon would get to WiFi before you got your mail because I couldn’t load a single web page to say, “DON’T TRY IT YET”!

Kratom has histamines that AGGRAVATE allergic reactions and make the symptoms worse and last longer!

Do a SEARCH on this website under “histamines” for historical records where this has occurred.

Brandon splained it great - hold off until you have FULLY RECOVERED from the allergy symptoms and then you will likely be able to resume your trial run with product that is tested and trusted as safe and helpful ;-)

Hope you continue to feel better as the Lyrica wean continues.

Incidentally, I actually broke out in hives and was told it was “probably a sudden reaction to Lyrica” and Lyrica is still on my medical chart as an allergy along with sulpha!

I had taken it without incident for months and then BAM. Had to discontinue the med and suffer withdrawal from Lyrica along with hives. Taking steroids was also needed.

Let us know how you are when you can. I’m too wiped out to read posts here tonite and hope you’re stable, Suz, with delayed mail, preferably.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, Suz

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 11 months 1 day ago #45598

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1957
Hey there Suz!!

Laurie wanted to post earlier but was tied up with some jury duty for her mom that she needed to help her with ... didn’t have the option to post while there ..

She wanted you to know that kratom has histamines in it , and depending on ( probably many factors ) ones state of affairs can be intense and require a cooling down period with out kratom ... at least till the itchy symptoms go away!!
( that’s the legist of what she wanted to convey :x )

Sure that’s not what anyone wants to hear , but I’ve read threads about other follows in here having a similar reaction... once they stopped taking either kratom from a particular source or subsiding all all together for a period of time , it was not a problem when they resumed taking kratom ... could be a mixture of high stress : lowered immune system... detoxing ... just my understanding/ thoughts !!

I hope your feeling well Suz, did you get your order in today ? Take care sweetie >:D (L)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, Suz

How many Red Bali 500mg capsules to equal pain relief of Hydrocodone 11 months 2 days ago #45588

• Suz
  • Junior Boarder
Wow ! To be supported like this is amazing !

I honestly can’t believe it when you say you all have a “plan in place,” if I encounter more problems. I hope I won’t need that...but it’s a large comfort to know there are options !

I promise to report back on my experience with the red Borneo Kratom ( if it ever gets here ) !

As always I am ever thankful to all of you !

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds