Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 3 weeks 2 days ago #52573

• Leaveleavesalone40
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
This is a sad truth. Adult ADHD is a REAL connotation! Sucks how it is unrecognized or stigmatized negatively. Nonetheless, I am fortunate to have a psychiatrist who treats me with a low dose of genetic adderall that helps a lot, but kratom and Turneric help. Also, L-theanine and l-carnitine with ginseng also help me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 3 weeks 2 days ago #52572

• Leaveleavesalone40
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes I have found Magnesium and Turmeric help immensely with anxiety and tension. Depression sort of dwindles away.....with Kratom, it is a beautiful state of awareness to add to quality of life l!

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 3 weeks 2 days ago #52571

• Leaveleavesalone40
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree. Without Kratom, I use the analogy “ It is like being stuck on a radio station with only static. With treatment, I am tuned in to a good station and function better, no static or dead noise.”

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 3 weeks 6 days ago #52523

• Legendeila
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Aside from nootropics, magnesium L threonate helps.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 1 month 2 weeks ago #52217

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2515
Armodafinil sounds very powerful. It's now a generic drug, and has been since 2016, so your/a doctor should be able to prescribe you an inexpensive supply. You might have insomnia issues with it though.

armodafinil has a longer half-life than modafinil does, it may be more effective at improving wakefulness in patients with excessive daytime sleepiness.

Wow, there's something more long lasting than modafinil available? I had been taking its country cousin, Adrafinil, for a while, and I was dividing the capsules into three daily doses because it kept me revved up into bedtime. It's non-prescription, yay, but not cheap, boo, and actually gives the liver more exercise than modafinil, double-boo.

I wish I didn't feel compelled to say you have your homework cut out for you, but that could be the situation.

I'll link to the Reddit Nootropics page, and when you see people warn you about something that is legal but is either addictive, potentially harmful, or both, you should tend to believe them.

But it is a good starting point to learn about herbals to help you to sleep, and nootropics to deal with ADD. Oh right, I forgot, ADD (ADHD) support is super plentiful on Reddit.

I've got some Nootropics that I cycle as part of what supplements I take, but they can be finicky, and some require an accurate milligram scale to measure out.

www.reddit.com/r/ADHD/

www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/

Right off the bat I can warn you that combining "stacking" nootropics is very popular, but that requires extra care. And I'll also venture that I agree with something you'll hear everywhere, that if you take Nootropics you need choline, and cholinergics like acetylcholine, and a personal favorite, lecithin, for a variety of reasons, the most urgent being to ward off headaches, and the tightening band effect on the head that stimulating Nootropics can deliver, along with their sought after benefits.

A few even say that once they feel like they've benefited from what they were stacking, choline itself is enough of a stimulating nootropic for them and they'll use that for maintenance. I found that at times if I was too buzzed from a stimulating Kratom, and I felt pressure in my head, that either acetylcholine or lecithin would quickly take care of that.

Oddly enough, the Mitragynine based extract I bought from In Sense Botanicals has caused me to heavily curtail my rotation of stimulating supplements as for me it's been extra effective in giving me a boost, and keeping me "in the zone". I take just 100 mg. a day of it, blended into regular Kratom, and even at that amount I often have to carefully allow for its "blast-off". I think that's mostly how I respond to it, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how little is needed to get a good, nootropic, (possibly useful for ADD) effect.

So oddly enough, while I point you to the Nootropics page at Reddit, I'm suggesting that you just use that for research, at least for now. But I don't find Kratom, even the best Reds, as eliminating my other supplements in my go to bags and bottles in my kitchen from being what I want at night.

For bedtime there's lot of useful stuff to help with getting to sleep, and most of it is inexpensive if you shop carefully, and are willing to take powdered extracts that are sold in bags. Valerian Root Extract, Passion Flower, Skullcap, Kava, Theanine, Magnesium, Melatonin, Lemon Balm, Magnolia Bark Extract, and others, all provide an alternate way to relax, and get soothed, and they can be combined with a night time strain of Kratom.

Fused Flora, Pharmacy Drop Out (PDO), and In Sense, all have an interesting inventory of herbals to look over, as do some other Kratom vendors. I'm sure you'll hear more suggestions for herbals that can help with ADD, and others that can help with getting to sleep.

Research now, buy later, other than maybe some Magnesium, which is after all a necessary nutrient. Best of luck in your efforts at self care!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 1 month 2 weeks ago #52201

• Luceysi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I went to my former doctor (a GP) with concerns of ADD, was assessed and diagnosed with ADD, and prescribed with Phentermine. The effects were astounding, for about three days, and then it stopped. I found out thereafter that the doctor wasn’t proscribing the Phentermine for ADD, but for weight loss and had lied to me. I live in central Arkansas and am having trouble finding ANYONE who has any interest in treating ADD in adults. What should I do? My old family doctor told me he doesn’t prescribe medication for ADD but said me to get that , considering all the stimulants to be nothing but “legal speed” and he won’t do that to me. I’m stuck. Everyone wants me to lose weight but I can’t remember that I am supposed to be dieting and exercising from moment to moment. I don’t know what to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 8 months 3 weeks ago #47841

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4398
lacie.

im so sorry to hear. that's tough. you can only do what you can I know things would get overwhelming for anybody.

glad you still love the blanket!

that's really cute.. the committee. kava really helps me. I get instant but im lazy with that lol I don't even need the expensive extract, but that's just me... I don't want another thing to strain. but I have one if I need it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Lacie J., Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 8 months 3 weeks ago #47830

• Lacie J.
  • Lacie J.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Thank you. It was my dad who passed. His heart was only functioning at 12% and it just stopped. He was 95 1/2. I've lived with my folks for 8 years now. They just couldn't do what they used to and needed help. Mom and I were in major denial.We thought he'd have much more time than he did. Mom's 89 and I'm doing my best to take care of everything.I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders and am totally overwhelmed. Makes my ADD symptoms so much worse.

Sleep issues are a hallmark trait of ADD. I've never heard of quetiapine. I take Trazadone and Benadryl for sleep. Would like to try some natural things because Trazadone makes me so hung over and tired the next day. I have a weighted blanket and it was a game changer. I still don't sleep as well as normal people do even with it. But so much better than it was.I've been awake many times all night throughout the years. I function OK until about the third day of being up all night.

Coca is definetly not legal here. I wish it was. you're lucky. Bet it helps with your ADD. Have you tried any other stimulant besides Ritalin? Vyvanse gets great reviews in the ADD groups I'm in on Facebook. I can't afford it or I'd try it. It runs around 400 a month here. I'm interested in how you do on the strains you have coming. Make sure to post about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 8 months 3 weeks ago #47829

• Lacie J.
  • Lacie J.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
I refer to the chatter in my brain as 'The Committee'. It's like being in a meeting and everyone's talking at once. The only thing that's ever quieted the chatter is a benzo called Klonopin. I take Trazadone and Benadryl for sleep. Going to have to try some of your suggestions as trazadone makes me hung over the next day.

I still love my weighted blanket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 8 months 3 weeks ago #47760

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2044
Michele,
I took 1.5g of corydalis last night and Liz had nudge me in the middle of the night to stop me from snoring. :lol:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Lacie J.

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds