Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 5 months 1 day ago #47841

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4043
lacie.

im so sorry to hear. that's tough. you can only do what you can I know things would get overwhelming for anybody.

glad you still love the blanket!

that's really cute.. the committee. kava really helps me. I get instant but im lazy with that lol I don't even need the expensive extract, but that's just me... I don't want another thing to strain. but I have one if I need it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Lacie J.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 5 months 2 days ago #47830

• Lacie J.
  • Lacie J.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
Thank you. It was my dad who passed. His heart was only functioning at 12% and it just stopped. He was 95 1/2. I've lived with my folks for 8 years now. They just couldn't do what they used to and needed help. Mom and I were in major denial.We thought he'd have much more time than he did. Mom's 89 and I'm doing my best to take care of everything.I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders and am totally overwhelmed. Makes my ADD symptoms so much worse.

Sleep issues are a hallmark trait of ADD. I've never heard of quetiapine. I take Trazadone and Benadryl for sleep. Would like to try some natural things because Trazadone makes me so hung over and tired the next day. I have a weighted blanket and it was a game changer. I still don't sleep as well as normal people do even with it. But so much better than it was.I've been awake many times all night throughout the years. I function OK until about the third day of being up all night.

Coca is definetly not legal here. I wish it was. you're lucky. Bet it helps with your ADD. Have you tried any other stimulant besides Ritalin? Vyvanse gets great reviews in the ADD groups I'm in on Facebook. I can't afford it or I'd try it. It runs around 400 a month here. I'm interested in how you do on the strains you have coming. Make sure to post about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 5 months 2 days ago #47829

• Lacie J.
  • Junior Boarder
I refer to the chatter in my brain as 'The Committee'. It's like being in a meeting and everyone's talking at once. The only thing that's ever quieted the chatter is a benzo called Klonopin. I take Trazadone and Benadryl for sleep. Going to have to try some of your suggestions as trazadone makes me hung over the next day.

I still love my weighted blanket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 5 months 4 days ago #47760

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037
Michele,
I took 1.5g of corydalis last night and Liz had nudge me in the middle of the night to stop me from snoring. :lol:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Lacie J.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 5 months 4 days ago #47751

• Hazzakrat1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
I forgot to talk about the strain I use, I really haven't compared the different ones, but I'll make a comparison when I get the four strains I have ordered ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Lacie J.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 5 months 4 days ago #47750

• Hazzakrat1
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Lacie, I'm sorry for your loss. My psych told me I have ADD, I also have a brain that refuses to switch off. I had an addiction to Xanax for 15 years but I managed to kick them about 4 years ago. I take quetiapine to sleep at night these days. I'm not going to recommend it because I really would rather using something natural. I'm not convinced that it isn't making me feel sleepy during the day. It's just been impossible for me to function properly without proper sleep, so I kind of rely on it for that reason. It also calms the chatter.
I'm not sure if Coca tea is legal over there? It's available in Australia and I find it very useful for ADD. I've just discovered it. It has something like 14 alkaloids including cocaine at about .25 percent. It's not the same as using cocaine and I would not ever condone it, but the tea is refreshing, motivating and energizing. Might work well in combination with Kratom? I'm about to find out lol, I'm expecting my Kratom order later this week. I'll let you know how I go.
B) Cheers!!

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 5 months 4 days ago #47737

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4043
hey guys. I don't have add but I understand the warp speed brain chatter. used to be a bit of a night owl insomniac. now I go to bed early willingly most nights. but anywhoo..things that do help me wind down kava and phelledendron ( used for 6wk/ at a time regulated cholesterol and blood pressure. helps keep blood sugar stable too )

corydalis and Chinese skullcap help me for sleep/ PM pain if needed. rotate between them and sometimes add a touch of wild lettuce if needed. if I REALLY have go get to sleep early and im wound, its ok to take small doses of corydalis and skullcap together. only downside is then ill snore my husband out of bed lol..which is only sometimes bad haha.. hes done it to me many times!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Lacie J.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 5 months 4 days ago #47732

• Lacie J.
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you for replying and it's nice to meet you. I just got home from my every 3 months Dr.appointment for my Ritalin refills. I take 20 mg.immediate-release 2 x's a day. I have been on that dose for a while now and it's time to go up. What strain helps you the most? I don't know of one ADHDer that does NOT have a comorbid condition. Mine's MDD or Major Depressive Disorder. I'm OCD about really only one thing. I make beaded jewelry and if a piece isn't perfect I tear it apart and redo it until it is.

There are a few things I've learned since I was here last. The strains that are thought to be stimulating, sometimes are, but can also put me to sleep. Each dose can be different for me even within the same strain/batch. Like a White MD may wake me up today, but make me sleepy tomorrow. So it's hard to plan.

The regular dose of Adrafinil is too stimulating for some so they take half the dose. Boy not me. A full capsule has zero effect on me. It takes 2. It does work well though when taken with my Ritalin. I don't take them together every day.

I'm interested in Nootropics also. There's lots of good info out there about what works well with ADHD. I had a death in my family a month ago and have been really busy dealing with the aftermath. So I haven't had the time to do nootropic research.

Do you know what sub type of ADHD you are? I'm ADHD-I mostly. That's inattentive. But I'm often combined which is Innatentive and hyper. My hyper's not physical,it's mental. I can lay there watching TV but my brains working at the speed of sound. Very annoying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, Hazzakrat1

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 5 months 5 days ago #47713

• Hazzakrat1
  • Fresh Boarder
Yep, I have ADD. I take Ritalin but I get great relief using Kratom. I also have borderline personality disorder and a few other fun things that go along with it. Kratom is a bit of a panacea for my overall well being, they'll have to lock me up if they want to stop me using this fabulous herb :P

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 6 months 2 weeks ago #46484

• Lacie J.
  • Junior Boarder
hanks for letting me vent. Is it any wonder that I like to be in my room? My Black Bali order is at the post office waiting to be picked up. Unfortunately, I live in an area that's suffering the effects of Winter Storm Finley. It's snowed here for two days and I can't get the car up the driveway. I'm hoping to get there tomorrow. Thanks for the warning Don. I will take a small starter dose and see. I took some White Riau from FF today and fell asleep.

And Babel-thanks for the info on Adrafinil. It's also at the P.O. I'm pretty tolerant of stimulants but will take 1/2 dose and see.

Thanks you all for being here for me. When things are tense and stressful my Executive Functions Dysfunction makes it all that much worse. I'll explain what that is next time. Time to go make dinner
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

Last edit: by Lacie J..
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds