Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 6 months 3 weeks ago #46287

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4058
lacie,

this is a great place to vent and I can tell you it truly helps. very therapeutic. im sorry to hear about your dads conditions. I empathize with that. your personal story hits home for me.

my moms an ovarian cancer survivor but now has dementia. my dad passed in 03' from heart conditions. that time in my life I did whatever I could not to crack myself.

we are here for you.

and off/ on topic my new 'favorite red' from in sense is the red Sumatra. had to order some black bali from oties as well that should be here soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Lacie J.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 6 months 3 weeks ago #46284

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Lacie...

.....sending hugs and prayers for you and your family :)

Your most definitely amongst folks that care ....

I’m sorry to hear about your sister and your fathers broken heart ... I pray he finds some light and laughter again in his life !

Please make sure you tend to yourself ... putting back into your cup is important and crucial , easier said than done.. i know ... but I encourage you to that !! Ofcourse we do what we have to .. I understand.. but take care of yourself my friend (L)

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 6 months 3 weeks ago #46283

• Lacie J.
  • Lacie J.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
Something else I forgot. Insense- I am already a customer of yours and if it's allowed to say this,I appreciate the sample you include. Going to order one of them. I will check out the botanicals and thank for posting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 6 months 3 weeks ago #46280

• Lacie J.
  • Junior Boarder
I meant to say that Red Bali's very calming for mom. Going to fill more caps for her
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 6 months 3 weeks ago #46279

• Lacie J.
  • Junior Boarder
Good evening everyone. Dad's hospice nurse just left. She said he's really declining.Guess I've been in denial. Blood pressure's 80/47.HE usually has excellent numbers. I wish Kratom could heal a broken heart. My sister Linda passed away on July 31 of this year after a 5 year battle with ovarian cancer. I became an only child that day. I still can't believe she's gone. She's supposed to be here to help with mom when dad passes. Mom's emotionally fragile and they've been married 71 years. She really can't handle stress. I'm great in a crisis though.I just take over and handle it. I think the adrenaline works like a stimulant and I just handle the problem.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Greatly appreciated.

Michelle- thanks for taking the time to post. I am already a customer of InSense/Gold Leaf and will definitely look at their botanicals. I really like their Fuzzy Dragon. It's a combo of 2 bentuagies( i think(. I will pay attention to how I feel next time I use it.

Tiggermanscrat- Thank you for posting. I appreciate the recommendation and am going to their site next. My deceased sister in laws name was Tigger. Changed as her legal name.

Laurie- you have my absolute dream job.Lucky!! I much prefer to be with animals than people. We have 8 1/2 cats. The 1/2 is a newer stray that found us. He was so skinny you could see ribs. He's quite plump now. He doesn't want to spend the night inside so that's why he's 1/2. All of ours are indoor outdoor. We live on a dead end with no cars. They've all been spayed/nutered and all their shots.

I'm sure caregiving's a rewarding and difficult job. i'm sorry you can't do it anymore. I can tell you were excellent.Very kind and caring. I help mom with dad's caregiving as much as I can. Dad's upstairs and his meals are taken on a tray. I have a torn Achilles heel and the other ones hurting as well. I'm wearing an ortho boot and it's hard getting up and down without tripping myself. Thank you for the offer to post about my feelings and getting them out. I'll take you up on that. I've no one to talk to since Linda's gone.

I so appreciate you all and thanks again. Sorry this is so long. It just poured out

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 6 months 3 weeks ago #46270

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037
Lacie,
As Laurie mentioned the Bentuangie strains are excellent for pain but can be very sedating.
There is one called the "Dark Side of the Bent" which is a Premium Bentuangie from a vendor who is still in the approval process here.
It is likely very closely related to the Black Bali that Babel has reviewed.

It is one of the best I have ever tried for pain relief. :-bd

If you do a search on "Dark Side of the Bent" you will find my review on it and the vendor name.

It was a small batch that the vendor had so it may be all gone by now. :(
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Lacie J.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 6 months 3 weeks ago #46267

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
lacie,

yes I get the corydalis and skullcap from insense/ gold leaf. best value, great concentration. start with a 00 cap or 1/2 gram. or roughly 1/4 teaspoon. you might need to increase size by double that if your pain level is high. it will REALLY make you sleep so devote time for that.

I most of the time get akuamma from them too. same reasons! I take anywhere from 2-4 grams but 2 is my average. there are many herbals that can help, its finding what works for you in addition to kratom. I usually reach for herbals fist and then supplement kratom. ask me anything I can help ill answer. like insense 3 said im not limited!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Lacie J.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 6 months 3 weeks ago #46260

• INSENSE3
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171
Hi Lacie,

Perhaps you might give our “other Botancials” section of the website:a try? insensebotanicals.com/

We carry a multitude of plant based products that either complement kratom or offer products that would be considered helpful by other people on this forum. Wild lettuce, Corydalis, akuamma, incarvillea sinensis (you’d be hard pressed to beat our quality/price point), and more.

Perhaps you might give our “other Botancials” section of the website: insensebotanicals.com/

We carry a multitude of plant based products that either complement kratom or offer products that would be considered helpful by other people on this forum and elsewhere. Wild lettuce, Corydalis, akuamma, incarvillea sinensis (you’d be hard pressed to beat our quality/price point), and etc. Michellle373 has tried the entire line (or just about). As a vendor, I cannot recommend anything specific, but Michelle is not limited to what she can say about such Botancials and see if you find something IN ADDITION TO KRATOM or to try between doses or instead of kratom.

Hope you find the right formula for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Lacie J.

Last edit: by Laurie.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 6 months 3 weeks ago #46253

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8767
Hi again. I get energized from red strains and have not gotten the restful results that others speak of, but it’s probably because my dose size is too small. I’m guessing. Babel-17 just reviewed some Black Bali as very calming and smooth, relaxing. Bentuangie strains tend to be more relaxing for most people and it is very helpful for me with pain management. You may want to explore a red bentuangie also. More suggestions will be posted, no doubt.

I can relate to the elderly loved ones falling out of chairs and some practically bounce out of bed while sleeping and even tying them in is not adequate (I am a former caregiver that now cares for dogs instead - I’m disabled also and the pay is not comparable but I speak “dog” and “cat” fluently). Plus it seems inhumane to strap them in! These falls can really compound the situation with added hip and other bone fractures. I sympathize with you as one of the hardest things I’ve done is caregiving for loved ones.

I’m glad you are there for them. Nothing compares to family caregiving. But being disabled sort of disqualifies me and probably you with the falls and keeping them safe. I hope you have outside help as well as hospice. Many hospice people I’ve met have an innate ability to comfort EVERYONE in the family and the don’t have expiration dates on those services.

Very important that you get proper rest mentally as well as physically.

Hope you continue to share and maybe it can be of help for you to write it down here.

I’ll be curious what you choose...best wishes with the folks <3
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, INSENSE3, Lacie J.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 6 months 3 weeks ago #46243

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
lacie,

im sorry to hear the situation with your folks. we all know getting old sucks. but its uninevitable. and some do it gracefully. I don't see that happening to me either!

personally for me, reds are the most sedating. especially most of the time a bali, thai, or borneo. or any relaxing red from re-leaf. but I usually use corydalis or skullcap to calm the mind chatter, help with pain, and help me sleep.

if you look at the bottom of these pages they are all separate rooms or strains. everyone here is welcome! sometimes you see something that peaks your interest. its fine to bounce around!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3, Lacie J.

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds