Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 10 months 2 weeks ago #46192

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2045
Littlebear,
I like your weighted blanket, except for the walking and "clean-up" required. But I could hire Laurie for that part. :lol:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Lacie J.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 10 months 2 weeks ago #46190

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
Not to be flip, but my weighted blanket is two small dogs and severl cats. The purring is very soothing. But it also makes it hard to turn over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Lacie J.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 10 months 2 weeks ago #46161

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9064
Thank you so much for the helpful post!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 10 months 2 weeks ago #46153

• Lacie J.
  • Lacie J.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
My blanket is 20 lbs. and I got it at Wal Mart. They only had 2 weights. 6 lbs.for kids and 20 lbs.for adults. It's all the rage for adults and kids in my ADD groups. There's a supposed formula for how heavy your blanket should be based on your weight. I don't remember what it is but I do know mine would've been about 40 lbs. There's several places to get them but I was glad to find it at my WM. It was about $50. It's 95% filled with little glass beads. It also is only wide enough to cover 1 person, good if you don't sleep alone.

I have chronic pain in my neck and back and was a bit worried it'd be too heavy on my neck. But it was just fine. I like it so much I'm going to recommend it to my nephew, whose daughter is also ADD. There is a genetic link. She's like I used to be when I was a kid. I would get out of bed in the middle of the night to play in my room and she does the same.

Laurie- there's an ADD site I've spent hours on. That's where I've learned at least 60% of what I know now. The site is ADDitude Magazine.com. There are tests you can take to see if a person might have it. Great articles on the newest research which proves that ADD is real and a neurological problem. Basically a difference in our wiring than neurotypicals. There's so many conditions that can occur with ADD. AAnd as I said, there are also things that can mimic ADD . I like ADDitude so much that I have a subscription to the magazine. I like the printed copies because I can refer back to issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 10 months 2 weeks ago #46152

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9064
Lacie J,

I’m really appreciative of the topic. I have been eyeing those blankets for quite some time. I even went so far as ordering one, but it was TOO heavy and went back. What weight are you using?
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Lacie J.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 10 months 2 weeks ago #46150

• Lacie J.
  • Junior Boarder
I love my weighted blanket. Instead of waking up 4-5 times a night I only woke once. I'm telling you about my blanket because a lot of us have issues,like pain and stress that keep us awake The only thing I didn't like is that its weight made it harder to turn over
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 10 months 2 weeks ago #46148

• Lacie J.
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Don. Thank you so much. I just placed an order with FF. I got the sampler,some you recommended including the white hilir and a few others. Really looking forward to receiving my order.

Thanks again
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 10 months 2 weeks ago #46147

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2045
Lacie,
Have you tried the "white hilir" from Fused Flora?

Their reviews are here if you are interested:
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/rate-a-vendor/8689-a-fus...-review#.XelDHmlKj-g
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Lacie J.

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 10 months 2 weeks ago #46129

• Lacie J.
  • Junior Boarder
Michelle 373- thanks for taking the time to post such great info about what works for you. I only use 2 vendors and InSense/Gold leaf is one of the two. I wrote down the supplements you suggested and will read up on them. I'm glad you've gotten something out of my posts.

I do get tired of being made to feel like I just want it for fun. The pharmacy I go to now is wonderful. The pharmacist herself is ADD. But in August my primary care abruptly left the clinic. I saw the one taking his patients. the first thing he said after looking at the list of meds I take was to tell me that I take an upper in the morning then a downer to go to sleep. I take a pill for sleep every night but it's been around forever and is neither benzo or a narcotic. I knew then it wasn't going to turn out well. Heck my mom and 95 year old dad take it as well. It went downhill from there with me asking him if he didn't believe ADD exists then him telling me that he won't discuss it with me. It went so bad he didn't even charge me. I went to my folks Dr.whose in the same practice but different location. He had no problem what so ever prescribing my meds. I am required by law to see him at least every 90 days for refills.

That's why I've decided to try Kratom for ADD. My health, happiness and general well being are in the hands of someone besides me. That terrifies me. Some of the reading I've down of posts from ADDers who use it for theres shows mixed results. Some it works very well and others got no help at all from it. No one said it was equal to Ritalin's effectiveness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

Anyone here with ADD/ADHD? 10 months 2 weeks ago #46127

• Lacie J.
  • Junior Boarder
Plant advocate-thanks for posting and reaching out. Some studies show that as much as 4% of the population has ADD/ADHD.So I figured at least a few here have it as well. It does present life challenges doesn't it? Nice to meet you.

Babel- Thank you so much for all you've done to help me. You take time to research and find all those links. I appreciate it and I appreciate you.

Laurie- I know you trust your Dr.completely and I respect that. But as you read my posts,there's maybe in the back of your mind that wonders and thinks oh yeah. But there are a lot of things that mimmick ADD and also things that occur a long with ADD. Very common for an Adder. For me it's depression.Have Major Depression Disorder.

One of the less known about senses has such a complicated explanation that I don't understand it enough to comment on it. Where it comes into play for me is the trouble I have an understanding how much space me and other things occupy. For instance- It's not unusual for me to run into things. Like the edge of a wall, corner of the couch, door of the car, etc.Today at the store I ran over the edge of my foot with the cart.It was very heavy with pet food and a weighted blanket I got. I actually squealed out loud.

I bought a weighted blanket today. It works very well for several in the ADD groups I belong to. Mines 20 lbs. On the label it says 'helps calm and comfort people who have trouble sleeping, including those with conditions such as stress,anxiety and ADD.' I can't wait to try it tonight. I'll let you know tomorrow how well it worked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, plantadvocate

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds