Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48772

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8805
Hi everyone! Just checking to see how Trudyf is doing. Hopefully doing better :-)
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48737

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1330
I’m sure that was a necessary move to get her in good 24/7 care ... that’s the best route for circumstances of health and age ..no doubt you put her in good care, I’m happy that your back and look forward to seeing more of you around these parts ! Between you , Laurie and NaN, madmax and others , solid landmark for what makes this forum so wonderful ... stoked you have a moment to tend to yourself now as well :)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley, Tiggermanscrat

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48734

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Welcome back, BoMalley!

That’s good news about your Mom!

I’m just visiting now and then - nice to see you here!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: bomalley, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48733

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3778
Thanks something.....

I have been busy with caretaking my elderly mother but she is now placed in a nursing home and things have quieted down somewhat for me, so I hope to be able to make more contributions to the forum now.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48712

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1330
Bomalley!!
I’ve missed you , actually been thinking about how you are doing and how ILK is a better place because of all your contributions and ideas /experience...

So happy to see you again ( on my screen lol)
Don’t be a stranger ! B-) (L)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Trudyf

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48710

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3778
TrudyF

You re right it i bit like Goldilocks! But experimenting is how you find out what is right for you.

I am a bit late to the discussion but I think I agree with those who have said that whites are probably too stimulating for you. You said that reds are too sedating but perhaps that is a dose issue as I find that the higher doses of reads sedate more than a lower dose.

It is perhaps a bit early in the game for you to try blending, but I find that adding about 20% white to my red dose can help to balance the sedating effects.

So you might want to keep that in mind.

also I find that greens are not good at all for pain relief but they do provide an energy boost without being stimulating like whites.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Trudyf, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48699

• Trudyf
  • Trudyf's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
Thank you for your honesty, Somethingsacredgoingonhere. I will use your good thoughts :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48698

• Trudyf
  • Trudyf's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
Thanks for this information Laurie.

I am going to try Green Sumatra tomorrow, at 0.5g with the T and W method. Maybe the White was too stimulating and the Reds are definitely too sedating for me. I feel Goldilocks trying to find the 'just right' porridge! That should be my name on here. Anyway I hope i get there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48689

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Find not rind.

Used up my editing privileges early today ;-)
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48688

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
I agree with you on those assertions. I think the “invisible illness” community is important to respect and support. I’ve been invalidated by other ignorant humans all my life - still battle with accepting that.

Great review of SO FAR, Trudyf.

I’m still stuck at, ”don’t use kratom”. You’re definitely super sensitive to it and maybe it’s aggravating the system you are working so hard on. Quitting sugar is on my dream list. It makes me ill immediately after consuming it but I have not recently managed to push past the phony cravings for more - this year so far. Don’t count me out yet.

I’m hoping you take the two days off AND keep logging how you are. Saturday with one dose and getting drowsy is the goal to look at trying again, I think. I agree with you on measured amounts and no tea until you’ve built a better tolerance.

Some folks just don’t get the benefits needed and even kratom - while a natural plant - still has side effects.

We want true benefits or maybe move on to other similar botanicals as there are quite a few that complement kratom or even replace it for kratom breaks, etc. Especially CALMING ones. Michelle373 has the most helpful descriptions of the botanicals I would suggest. Rob at InSense and Gold Leaf Botanicals has a great line of them, lots I haven’t tried yet.

In fact, I found some shilijat (sp? Alexa? Siri? Nothing?) I haven’t used in quite a while yesterday and I need to reorder (more of a nutritional benefit - this reminded me that I need to review my botanical baseline in my rotation). Stuff like lemon balm, skullcap, and a couple of others she uses and can probably help you try something there.

Also, the other sister plants might be perfect here. Hirsuta, Javanica, and Stem n vein are all options that might be more favorable for your continued experiments - with hopefully more favorable results.

Shaun @fused flora is a great resource on these. I haven’t checked his line of alternative botanicals such as lemon grass, but I do like his Javanica for nighttime calming leaf (no Mitragyna but varied amounts of the other alkaloids - might be more appropriate for you to start with).

Hopefully the other folks here will add to/fill in on this post and help you rind a direction for the next move.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Trudyf, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Laurie.
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds