Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48686

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1309
Trudy , I’ve been on track of feeling so much better (for the last 3 years almost) with my kratom regimen , and recently had a few exceptionally hard days of scary depression / anxiety that shook me , made me realize just how much better I’ve been feeling for a good chunk of time... I guess that even though kratom has consistently helped beyond measure, old ailments or ones that have been being treated with herbs like kratom ... there no guarantee it’s a solid answer 100% of the time .. however it has been about 95% of the time . Perhaps your right in finding that tea may not be the better of routes to take kratom for your particular situation, and that may change down the road when / if you try that method again ... I personally prefer T&W , predominantly I mix my dose in juice . Lately been T&W more ... this herb called kratom is always a continued learning/ experimenting process..

Hope you find some good relief with your next dose

Sending you good thoughts ,

Brother man ,

I feel the same , this place called ILK is a very special zone of being able to lay it out there and the response from the community is no less than
great medicine !
Happy we all have this family to help, seek help , and share our journey and challenges .

Nothing like ILK that I’ve found , beautiful thing going on here !
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Trudyf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48685

• Trudyf
  • Trudyf's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
Hi Mscanlan480, thank you and i know what you mean about the community; it is really lovely. I think the pain we experience bonds us; through empathy. And also i think there may well be something a little sacred in the Kratom too! It's another reason why i want this to work
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48684

• Mscanlan4803
  • Junior Boarder
  • Even fools can be considered wise when their mouths are kept closed!
  • Thank you received: 80
Hi guys and hello Trudyf im sorry to hear all the discomfort your having and i really hope its just a fluke thing and not the kratom thats causing it and hopefully you find a good balanced routine that will be not only beneficial but will be pleasing to you. Lets not forget though sometimes in rare cases kratom isnt for everyone. i hope this is not the case for you Trudyf. On another note i just want to say im absolutely in love with the fact the members here are so open on there feelings, emotions, ailments, events that happened in their life, and just sharing things that in the real world most people wouldnt share with a stranger. The love, care, and want to help from the members on this board just put a huge smile on my face. There are so many amazing people on here taking time out of there day to share their story to try and relate and help another in need that you just cant find anywhere else. Im so happy i signed up to this board and i hope to in due time become closer to some of the people on here. love you guys
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Trudyf, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48683

• Trudyf
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Laurie and Nan70

Thank you for your support.

I have had severe fibro pains in the limbs and an incredibly high fever-type burning sensation all over for over a decade. I have had exhaustion sypmtoms for years before this too. Unbelieveably 99% of both the pain and burning fever has disappeared since eliminating sugar from my food, 2 years ago. But the anxiety, some brain fog and depression is still lurking around.

I noticed some pain when i first took Kratom (Red MD). Then some more the other day. In these last 2 years, some pain tends to visit but it really is only about 1% and hardly noticeable. But on Sunday it was throbbing and it was the very same pain from my fibro past.

This was my regime recently:
Last Friday I took about 4 sips of the 0.5g White Sumatra tea at 8.30am, then the same again at 1215, then the same again at 1430. At 1530 there was drowsiness.

On Saturday i took about 4 sips of the same tea at 900 and then nothing for the rest of the day.

Sunday i woke having had no sleep for as i was very alert all night. And woke with this dull leg pain. So i took 4 sips of the same prepared tea from a couple of days ago, at 1100. That afternoon is when i got the throbbing dull leg pain which didn't leave me.

Monday i did toss and wash with 0.5g, thinking that maybe it was the tea method that was causing the problem. There was just a little dull leg pain.

(And the other herb in the original tea i made was cinnamon; i added to try to mask the taste of Kratom. I suppose its a spice.)

Ok i dont know if this helps; if you can see any obvious patterns here.

I think i'd better stick with a non-tea method of using Kratom because then at least i know exactly how much is causing the relief or side effect or withdrawal effect.

Thanks for sticking with me on this. :)

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48662

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8794
Hi trudyf,

I’m guessing the body pain mentioned while starting was actually from 2 yrs ago? (Including the post here to refresh where you started and compare to today. Many of us keep notes about how we feel, how much we use, what time of day, what we are today, etc because it’s super easy to forget and use again way too soon. Here’s the initial post: “ Hi

A friend in the States told me about Kratom recently as she is doing really well on it. I have reached out to a few UK suppliers and nobody has ever replied. Then i saw that there is some confusion around whether it is legal in the UK? Can anyone shed some light on this please. I really don't feel comfortable going back to anti-depressants for my chronic anxiety, depression and body aches.

So very grateful for your support. It is the first time i have ever looked into anything like this and actually ever reached out for help.”

So today, you’re still having challenges that sound like they are related to : still too much. This time, I am thinking that the flask is getting too much use. An average length of time (legs on a strain) is about 4 hrs +/-.

I tend to get frustrated with trying different types and amounts STILL, too. It’s definitely not something we can “get done and move on” because too many things are subjective every day, including what we eat.

The good part is, we can always STOP USING IT and get back to the starting point before going further.

And you had mixed in another “herb mixture” in a couple of posts back, and we don’t know what that is and whether it is a contributing factor.

I am with Shaun (Fused Flora) on this. He said to take a couple of days off and then start fresh - maybe that 2 sips is all you need for grocery shopping and the headache was likely from dehydration and not an indication that you should use more. We don’t know.

Try not to get discouraged. But. Don’t add more for a couple of days?

I’m STILL trying to get it right sometimes and I sympathize! As an anxiety sufferer, I know how much we want to get it to stop! I was stuck in the house for a year because I couldn’t get the anxiety to calm down. I got “anxiety diarrhea” and every time I tried to go to the store, I had to sit on the pot, then try, come back again, sweating and try again and repeat. I could not get across the street because the red light was too long and I would have to go back home. Eventually I was desperate enough to learn where every bathroom in town was, so I could visit places where I knew I could sit and sweat as needed.

It’s weird how quickly I forget how much worse my anxiety and depression was YESTERDAY and it is debilitating!

It’s not an easy journey but we keep on trying! The best part is we don’t HAVE TO do anything further with this particular plant. It’s merely a tool worth looking into, but it’s not for everyone!

We all look forward to hearing how you are after some rest over a couple of nights without fibro pains. Or kratom.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teeswaran, Tiggermanscrat, Trudyf

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48661

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3935
I forgot to mention I have recently starting using Gingko Biloba to manage some "extra" stuff I have been going through. Its been helping and I find it very gentle on my system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Trudyf

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48660

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
I understand the hard work in using diet to manage even reverse a chronic condition. You would never want anything to stop your progress.
I am not sure if its kratom but it is reasonable to consider it might be.
A few thoughts- most botanicals have an adjustment period, with kratom the most common adjustment symptom is itching. This goes away.
If your have a super sensitive body chemistry you could be going through mini withdrawal type symptoms when you body is done processing kratom.
This is just some loose thoughts if anybody has more knowledge or input please chime in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Trudyf

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48654

• Trudyf
  • Fresh Boarder
I forgot to mention that i am taking it for anxiety and depression

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48653

• Trudyf
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Nan70

The pains started at about lunchtime nd lasted all evening and throughout the night. It was all down my legs.

I haven't had fibro pains for 2 years since going on an autoimmune nutrition plan so i really wasn't expecting this now

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48651

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
Are your body pains felt during your dose, in between or awhile after your dose?

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds