Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 1 week ago #48647

• Trudyf
  • Trudyf's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
Hi Laurie

Thanks so much for your message.

I made a 0.5g flask of tea with White Sumatra. It gave me a lift and i kept it in the fridge or a few days. But i have noticed that i have actually started getting body pains. I have no idea why.

Today i took 0.5g of White Sumatra in a toss and wash method and i felt sedated.

I am really beginning to wonder if this is really for me. I didn't have body pain before. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 1 week ago #48546

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8761
Hi Trudyf. Checking on how you’re doing because the morning dose must be small for you to avoid the “too much” issues. Hope your experimentation is going better !

Laurie
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48486

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3917
I recommend purchasing a pocket scale that measures in mgs-
insensebotanicals.com/product/pocket-scale/
Many options available on Amazon

If you are sensitive to increased micro doses of Kratom the teaspoon method is not the greatest tool. (works well for some not me though)

My Green dose is 1.7 grams- if I take up to 2 grams I get headaches and nausea
My Red dose is 2.4 grams- anything over 2.8 grams I hate the way it feels.

That is my suggestion. Take care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, INSENSE3, Trudyf

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48477

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 568
The feeling you describe all articulate what we experience when we have "too much." My mom and wife both started at 1/4 teaspoon roughly, and haven't exceeded 1.5g over the years. I'd recommend taking a couple of days off and trying again, that way to reset tolerance you've already built. It's way better to undershoot effects than to go over, not just because nausea sucks, but your tolerance takes a larger hit too.

As a vendor, I try about 15-20 new strains a week and this is what keeps me taking a low amount and still feeling burns.

I'd advise not to begin mixing too early, as that will have the same effect. Try to enjoy effects off single strains for as long as you can!

We're glad you made it here, we're here to get through this life experience together! Let me know if I can help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Trudyf

Last edit: by FusedFlora.

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48457

• Trudyf
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Brandon and Mscanlan

Thank you for all the support you've given. Yes i shall see this super-sensitivity as a good thing! :)

And how interesting to read about the different levels of alkaloid % pertaining to the maturity of the tree. I think i got a very old, wise one there! It was telling me to take things a bit slower! Haha

I am grateful for your experiences and will keep reaching out throughout this initial teething period.

Will come back to you with better news, i am sure! Much love
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, INSENSE3, Mscanlan4803

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48453

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Hello Trudy !

Finding what works best as far as varieties and dosage amount is the work that pays off tremendously when you get it right !
Laurie gave good suggestions, I’d give that a try, taking 1/8 tsp then a little more later ...

The great thing about all this is your very sensitive to kratom ,....once you find a way of administering your dose ... you’ll be able to take such a little amount to get results ...and your kratom stash will last for soooo long lol!! Much to the envy of any kratom enthusiast :) :-bd

One thing to keep in mind is making sure your hydration is kept up.... keeping hydrated is key to keeping kratom headaches at bay ...

Sounds like a great vendor , helping you through this process (L)

Please let us know how you proceed with progress or success or lack of ... we are all rooting for you >:D

It’s worth the work it takes to get it right , kratom is so rewarding of a herb to so many of us ! I’ll be thinking about you and sending the best energy I have your way ...take care

Brandon

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48447

• Mscanlan4803
  • Junior Boarder
  • Even fools can be considered wise when their mouths are kept closed!
  • Thank you received: 80
the first time i tried kratom i had the same problem but no headache, just the vomiting part which was comparable to a time i had pain medication for skin grafting surgery and the pain medication was so strong it made me vomit so the feeling was comparable. I did realize that maeng das tended to have a little more kick to them than the regular basic beginner samples like green malay and white bali. so i would suggest along with your vendors suggestions maybe trying something known to have a more level and lower % of alkaloids per gram like a borneo, malay, or bali and maybe a green or white as reds are said to be more sedating and relaxing due to perception reds have a higher alkaloid content cause reds are from the most matured trees
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Babel-17, Trudyf

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48444

• Trudyf
  • Fresh Boarder
Laurie, thank you so much for your support.

My vendor has got back to me and we're going to try a Thai MD as it is a blend of all colours/characteristics. And also apack of mixed samples too. I am going to persevere; i have a very supportive vendor and am so pleased i joined this forum!

Very grateful :))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48439

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8761
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, Trudyf!

Yup yup yup. Your vendor is right. You still need to take EVEN LESS. Like starting with 1/8 tsp and try 1/4 tsp a few hours later IF you aren’t getting relief, since reds are more helpful for pain relief and sedating for many people (not myself), so a lot of people end their day with a red. I would suggest you try a green and have your vendor help you choose because that vendor is absolutely correct on all points! Hopefully you can acquire a sample pack of multiple colors in small amounts to begin experimenting with ?

Glad you found us, and your vendor is pretty awesome, so you are getting excellent assistance!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Trudyf

Started for the first time but got unwell....please help 4 months 2 weeks ago #48437

• Trudyf
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

I took a teaspoon-ish (well, spilled a lot on the way to the water bottle and then added extra) and i became really sedated and had nausea near to the point of vomiting. Had a headache too. My vendor (who has been really supportive and helpful the whole time) reckons i put way over the recommended 2g in the shaker bottle. And i took it with another herbal mixture in the same bottle.

I slept early on Thursday night as i was really drowsy and woke up feeling really well rested the following morning. I then tried levelled half teaspoon this time but again felt the same nausea, extreme drowsiness and so napped all day. (Also, i woke up with a little body pain, which i haven't had in a long time - maybe its just re-activated those sensitive once painful nerves.)

Today my vendor suggested i make a tea with the half teaspoon and only drink the brew. I took 3 sips and felt more stimulated. Did a grocery shop, in a very busy town with all the issues of finding parking and navigating through a really heavy rainpour. I felt more relaxed than normal until i got to the busiest, most congested parts of the shop. I took my thermos flask out with me so i took another 2 sips. So that is 5 sips in total and i have come home with a headache.

Please can i have some advice about what i could try next? Maybe i need to persevere. My vendor says i have a low tolerance to Kratom which is why they've recommended the use of tea, and also thinks i should try a more stimulating strain next time. The one i am one is Red Indo Maeng Da.

Thank you. I am very grateful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds