Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Newish to Kratom and have some questions about some side effects I’m having 1 month 1 week ago #50743

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8761
Thank you, Littlebear3.. I remember figuring this out and telling my dr about my suspicion of the ails I was suffering being likely emotional based and therefore will not be visible by X-ray, CT scan, MRI, etc. My dr absolutely agreed with my suspicion and she said most people prefer to have a back surgery (or knee and hip replacements, etc. No offense to the validity of anyone’s surgical history) or (put ailment here) operations to treat emotional pain. And one of the flaws of the society these days is the willingness of surgeons who sign up to operate.

Littlebear3, thank you for the validation. That means a lot. Being dismissed as “you don’t look disabled” when its not a VISIBLE illness, people disbelieve or doubt it exists. That has really changed how I treat myself and others by simply accepting it as incurable but manageable. I’ve even been on disability for periods of time when I was having more difficulty, such as Winter weather is a trap compared to Summer weather. Unfortunately, therapy helps and I hate therapy until it’s over. Physical exercise also can be helpful, but often it’s much too difficult to get started. Even I set goals for myself and judge myself as a failure when I did this, but not that. Etc

I remember that commercial.

Interesting how this pandemic is being treated quite similarly. It’s an INVISIBLE illness - at first. Sometimes carried but not expressed physically at all! Some people don’t believe it because they can’t SEE IT. A lot of people think 100,000 people did not get sick because THEY DIDN'T SEE IT.

Radiation is dealt with the same disbelief because it’s INVISIBLE. Fishermen are still fishing outside of Fukushima and being sold to feed the families locally. The fish looks and tastes fine. While others will demonize a person for having traveled past Fukushima, much less stopped to look around.

Now we have virus vigilantes calling the cops on neighbors for pruning weeds in their yard. We have stereotyping against those who became ill and survived.

We seem to learn ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from history. Our society across the globe, people are MORESO as a result of this pandemic. MORESO whether better or worse.

All I can do is have faith by doing the next right thing and not by EVER diminishing anyone else or their challenges as less valid than others.

I think you have been doing the same thing for years, based on your brief posts (I’m chattier if I get a good green vein, lol).

I hope you have NOT been working for more than a month now. And have no plans to return to that line of work. I also have compromised immune (also invisible and not believed by many). Getting treated for a bladder infection in a global pandemic is REALLY DIFFICULT and kinda scary. How did I get sick while not being exposed to anything in particular?

Thanks again. Validation is very healing and much appreciated.
Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newish to Kratom and have some questions about some side effects I’m having 1 month 1 week ago #50735

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 448
There was a series of commercials some years ago that used the tag line "depression hurts". It talked about how people with depression often felt pain in their bodies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Newish to Kratom and have some questions about some side effects I’m having 4 months 2 days ago #48832

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Hi Brandon!

It’s quite difficult to get people to understand that emotional pain is also felt physically. I still have days when I cannot hardly walk because of the charley-horse cramps in my gluteus maximus (butt cheeks). They get actually tied up in knots to where the physical therapist cannot believe it! Nothing fixes it besides exercise if possible, ample rest and dealing with the discomforts of the day (emotionally). I’ve learned a lot about how to do it. But it’s super baffling because it comes up out of nowhere related to what I’m doing or thinking in the moment, but that other stuff below the surface of thoughts. Not fun.

I definitely get less discomfort when I’m hanging out with my boyfriend.

Everything is connected to the brain...(hopefully, lol)
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Newish to Kratom and have some questions about some side effects I’m having 4 months 6 days ago #48741

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1266

Laurie wrote: I have one male friend who quit using kratom (and his need for the leaf disappeared) to spice up his lifestyle ;-)

I recall he tried upping testosterone first, to no avail. He lowered dose drastically and it didn’t help.

He had to discontinue kratom use, but to be fair, his divorce helped resolve his pain condition and the new girlfriend solved his autoimmune condition entirely! So his need to continue with kratom ended.

He’s living happily in PA and hardly writes anymore ;-)

Laurie ,

I’ll add to your post a little bit of my own personal pain history... before I separated with my now ex ( should of happened sooner ) going on 8 years ago... I was in the worst physical pain, going to sleep and literally waking up in tears , that was when I was prescribed 10/325 norcos, taking 6-8 a day for 2 years ..I quit taking them while we were still together ,

After breaking up and I found the love of my life. my pain diminished drastically ....

The key ingredient I feel was love and happiness !! But a few years down the road and after beginning a career in organic farming , and with added life stresses, my pain returned . Discovering Kratom has since kept it my pain levels in check for almost three years. And getting off of my antidepressant and anxiety meds (thx to kratom ) brought back a sense of happiness I didn’t know possible ,,

Just saying , your comment def resonates with me :) :x def factors to consider, and Emlrdeyezz, I’m not insinuating that this is the same circumstance your in by no means ... just something worth mentioning and sharing.
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Newish to Kratom and have some questions about some side effects I’m having 4 months 6 days ago #48739

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3778
_emrldeyezz_80

This question has come up before and I think it is much more likely that this problem is the result of other lifestyle factors, medications , a hormonal imbalance, or a combination of all of those. YOu do mention that you are taking an antidepressant.

I have been using Kratom for 3 years (after coming off oxy) and everything in the sexuality department works just fine.

But if I were you I think I would approach my physician about the antidepressant - maybe you do not need it at all anymore? 10 years seems like a long time to take something.

BTW - you did not say how long you have been taking Kratom.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by bomalley.

Newish to Kratom and have some questions about some side effects I’m having 4 months 1 week ago #48672

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
I have one male friend who quit using kratom (and his need for the leaf disappeared) to spice up his lifestyle ;-)

I recall he tried upping testosterone first, to no avail. He lowered dose drastically and it didn’t help.

He had to discontinue kratom use, but to be fair, his divorce helped resolve his pain condition and the new girlfriend solved his autoimmune condition entirely! So his need to continue with kratom ended.

He’s living happily in PA and hardly writes anymore ;-)
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Newish to Kratom and have some questions about some side effects I’m having 4 months 1 week ago #48635

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3917
Hmm-
This convo predates by a tad me joining the forum but here's a link that might be helpful-
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/health-and-wellness/4517...ive-what-to-do#22205

There are so many issues as a female or male that goes on with our bodies as we age I am not so sure this is an easy question to figure out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Newish to Kratom and have some questions about some side effects I’m having 4 months 1 week ago #48631

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037
I think there was a previous thread similar to this last year.
Maybe Nan >:D might remember and give us the link(s). :cheer:

Brandon,
I'm right their with you on the anti-depressants killing desire. Lithium did that to me. It was why I was only on it for a week. :lol:
Kratom has actually allowed me to cut back on the dose of my current antidepressants.

If anything, for me, kraton tends to be an aphrodisiac. Probably just because I feel better not being in pain. :-bd
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bomalley, michele373, Babel-17, _emrldeyezz_80, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Newish to Kratom and have some questions about some side effects I’m having 4 months 1 week ago #48628

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1266
Hey Emrldeyezz80,

I think its possible it could be a side effect from kratom... probably more related to dosage amount and frequency of doses . As a man , it’s helped me out in that same way that seems to be posing a challenge for you to get to completion. My drive comes and goes in waves but mostly ( probably cause I’m a guy ) I always entertain the possibility of intimacy. One sure fire way to find out if kratom is creating this challenge is to taper down like you mentioned wanting to do , and allow yourself some time to notice any changes in that sector ...once tapering goal has been achieved . I personally have been playing around with the idea of tapering as well, I use mostly for pain relief so I’m a little hesitant to start on it ... but once tolerance is lowered , taking a lower amount kratom and having longer lasting benefits in most likeliness, could be all the more beneficial .

One of the anti depressant meds I tried killed all desire , and I dropped that one like a bad habit lol... now I get great relief from depression, anxiety and chronic pain from kratom alone.

Good luck and please let us know if tapering works out with this part of the equation !

Hope some others add to this !

Take care

Edit: oh ... and maybe taking some testosterone aiding foods or herbs may help you as well.. as we age male and female testosterone levels decrease and this could also be a contributing factor ... I’m almost 40....and if needed down the road , I will consider a little T replacement therapy to address that factor .. but only if after herbs were tried for a good while and didn’t deliver , though I believe herbs could do the job I’m most cases (L)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, _emrldeyezz_80

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Newish to Kratom and have some questions about some side effects I’m having 4 months 1 week ago #48624

• _emrldeyezz_80
  • _emrldeyezz_80's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Hey all!
I’m somewhat new to Kratom and trying to learn more about it.. I’ve been having some side effects that I assume are related to the Kratom.
Anyone ever have issues in the sexual department?
Like the main event area..
no matter how long I try completion is just not going to happen. I’ve had these problems before on certain anti depressants I’ve been on. The one I’m currently on I’ve been on for 10+ years and it hasn’t been an issue for me with this particular med..
This is a fairly new problem I’m having with the Kratom. It just started becoming a problem in the last 3-4 months. Could be my dose? I need to taper and lower my Kratom intake but I haven’t yet... probably should have tried that before asking here, but just thought I’d give it a shot.. it’s becoming quite an annoying issue ... as you can imagine lol
Thanks everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds