Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 3 months 3 weeks ago #49027

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 306
Sacred Brandon got sacred tastebuds ;-P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 3 months 3 weeks ago #49014

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1269
I use a small jar 80% of the time and mix with GFJ.... but call me weird lol, unless the kratom is super bitter ,, I actually really enjoy the taste ... even the ones that makes your face squint, I don’t mind to much .... I suppose my taste buds have developed a correlation between this earthy taste and the benefits my body is about to receive !!

Lol, mkray... I just had a ah-ha moment about your name .... from South Park teacher .. mmkay lol, please correct me if I’m wrong B-)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 3 months 3 weeks ago #49006

• mkray
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15

CanadianTW wrote: i put my dose in a small glass jar, i add 3 oz of very cold water or juice, shake it up quickly and drink it.

That is pretty much the best way I've found too. But I add kratom, chocolate syrup, and milk - then shake it up. I find the chocolate milk masks the taste really well. Then pour a little bit more milk in, and one more shake to get whatever was left behind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 3 months 4 weeks ago #48947

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
I find T&W gross, despite my name here i do an alternative way of toss n wash: i put my dose in a small glass jar, i add 3 oz of very cold water or juice, shake it up quickly and drink it. The bitterness doesn't have time to get bad cuz there is like 10 seconds between when the kratom gets wet and when i finished drinking it. Temperature of the liquid is also key. Its just easier to do for me than the dry powder in mouth method. Regardless of what works, it works good enough that i would do it even if the taste was 5 times as bad. It was at first, then the tastebuds gets used to it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 3 months 4 weeks ago #48922

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Right buy Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4237

Fibrowarrior wrote: Hi, I tried for the first time yesterday, I've bought a sample pack of Sumatran white, red, green, yellow and maeng da and yesterday I tried the white one first, I took a teaspoon in a cup of tea and an hour later felt nothing so took another one which also had no effect. Today I've had the same experience with the maeng da one and although I'm not ready to give up on it I just can't stomach taking it, the tea is so gritty it's hard to swallow and ended up having to spit a mouthful out this morning. To replace what I lost I took half a teaspoon at the back of my throat and washed it down with water...a lot of water. The cinnamon challenge was easier than that! What am I doing wrong? I don't think I can continue forcing this stuff down my throat if it's not going to do absolutely nothing. I'm mainly looking for uplifted mood and reduced pain, neither of which I'm getting in the slightest and I'm guessing you should be able to feel some sort of high? Even if it's just subtle? Thanks!

First I would buy a sample pack from a High Quality Reliable Vendor like Nature's Cure Kratom. I would try strains like Green MD, Green Malay & White Thai if you are looking for a Mood Lift. The Absolute Best way to take Kratom is to get a swallow of drink in your mouth & then put the Kratom Powder right on top of the drink & then take another big swallow of drink & then swallow it down. It will take some time to get used to it. You can also try the Capsules but they are the Least Effective Method for Kratom.
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, CanadianTW

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 4 hours ago #48905

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
The discs that Insense Rob mentioned can be bought on amazon, they are called "oblate discs". I didnt tried them because i got used to the taste pretty quickly. Grapefruit juice is better than OJ to mask the taste and like Don said it can potentiate it by decreasing the activity the enzyme that breaks down kratoms alkaloids, but to do that you would need to take the grapefruit a few hours before the kratom. Also it can interfere with a bunch of other substances/medications

See you around:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by CanadianTW.

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 1 day ago #48850

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037
crazy?? CRAZY! me?? I resemble that remark. :woohoo: :silly:

Hey Michele >:D :x
I hope you are well and enjoying your reset. :cheer:

I do kind like the taste of most of the strains. Except for the really dark bents. They can be a bit to smokey for me.

Lately I have been just warming up an oz or two of water in the uwave and adding my dose plus 30mg of citric acid powder. Turns it into a tart vegetable drink. :lol:
I swear the citric acid helps it get going faster. Usually within 45 minutes. Grapefruit juice also seems to do that.

fibrowarrior.
If you haven't tried some of the approved vendors here then you really should.
I haven't tried them all but none I've tried so far have sold me kratom that didn't do "anything". Some hit me as so potent that I can't take above 500mg without going to sleep. :ohmy:
All change the way I feel in some way. Some I like some I don't. :cheer:
Greens for me are the best for the combination of energy, headache relief, pain relief, and clarity of mind. Reds, yellows, and golds also have good pain relief but usually sedate me.
Most whites make me to jittery but there are some that affect me more like a green.

We are all unique and there is a lot of trial and "error?"
What Nan and Brandon have already posted are what you should go by.

The main thing, IMHO, is starting with a good source to get your kratom from. :-bd

Don't give up.

It can take a bit of time to find what works best.

I think it was over a month and 3 sample packs from Insense Botanicals before I found the Green Riau from them that is now my fav.
There are others thought that are almost as good.
And I have some blends, I've made from all that I have bought so far, that are outstanding. (for me) :woohoo:

Don
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, CanadianTW

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 1 day ago #48849

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
Hi there Fibrowarrior and welcome here.

Reading your post i recognize a similar start as mine so i thought id chip in. I don't have fibro but my symptoms include widespread pain, fatigue, mental fog and insomnia.

The first few times i took kratom i wasnt sure it was working, i was also looking for some kind of effect or buzz to let me know it "had active compounds". I only felt very slight relief from pain and by taking more and more i ended up vomiting a few times during the first week or 2. I was ingesting like 10gr in tea. But i kept at it and eventually found out that 4gr mixed in cold OJ could go down the hatch fairly easily. It started working better after a week. Since then, its been 3 months, im able to get average 75% pain reduction for more or less 5h. Like Laurie said I also dont really feel a buzz (i did at first with big doses) but slight mood enhancement and relief from fatigue is still present even tho its less noticable then at first.

And like Insense Rob said i find that a teaspoon works perfectly to put kratom on my scale!

Good luck and looking forward how it goes for you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 2 days ago #48845

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4054
hey fibrowarrior!

im glad you are here and found us. a couple questions if you don't mind. where did you get the kratom from? I never thought I would be buying so many supplements online from people I probably will never see. but I TRUST them. weird this day and age. you need any recommendations we are here to help. and are you willing to try another place? I don't want to see you give up. samplers can be pretty cheap. insense/ goldleaf even has really small samples to truly test drive if an ounce you think is too much

many great options have given. theres a few somewhat easy ways without a lot of devices. oties has on their website a recipe for kratom honey balls. its basically a big drop of honey for each gram and a lot of mixing. mold it into a snake, cut up pieces and freeze it. so depending on dose take an inch piece or so. wash it down, and a lot more pleasant. ill just keep track on grams you use to make it then you know dose size. I made the mistake of not paying too much attention on that the first time lol

I have a silicone candy mold ill put about 2g (flat bakers teaspoon on average) in each compartment. or whatever works for you. melt coconut oil till just liquid. add enough to mold them, mix it up and freeze to set. cut them in half or so if the pieces are too big.

if your average doses are smaller toss/ wash is the preferred somewhat easy way. lots of videos on this, can be tricky, but once you get the hang of it its not too bad. or dissolving in juice. yeah the flavor isn't great, some crazy people like it (yes you don!) but you do get used to it. not much worse than moringa, coptis, akuamma, whatever. a capsule machine can be easy, great for supplements. but for kratom you want to use it with hot beverages so most of the stuff 'breaks' close to the same time in your gut for the dose to be the most effective. and you don't feel it as fast, and the feeling isn't usually as intense. its a good method for a maintaining dose in a discrete way.

I hope this helps you. I really think this can work for you. many of use this primarily for pain management. really does work. good luck. please don't be afraid to ask anything!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 2 days ago #48844

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037
Welcome fibrowarrior:-h
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds