Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 21 hours ago #48843

• INSENSE3
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 169
Hey everyone! Welcome to the forum, Fibrowarrior! If it would help, there are little “discs” available on Amazon for self stuffing. Many folks choose capsules as well. People here can make great suggestions on those. Do-it-yourself capsules are recommended more because pre-capped product is expensive and the capsules are not filled adequately, often times. By doing it yourself, you can get more in each one. I am suggesting these because I’ve seen them recommended here. So your options are varied once you dial in the amount that is helpful to you.

Good luck and I also will appreciate follow up here.

INSENSE3
goldleafbotanicals.net/
www.InSenseBotanicals.com (Farmed or Plantation)
call 916-201-0454 or cell 530-303-2454 phone number (we answer the phone, call for advice or guidance)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by INSENSE3.

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 21 hours ago #48842

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8749
Welcome to the forum, Fibrowarrior! Great username, BTW.

I don’t “feel” anything when I use kratom. It is not the same as prescribed pharmaceuticals. Everyone is different, but all I feel is less crappy.

Use caution with those citrus beverages until you find your proper amount. I also would not recommend starting with a white vein strain.

I just hate to see you go from “feeling nothing” to vomiting up citrus juice. It’s important to keep those increases less drastic, in my experience.

Try the green or red and see if you feel less uncomfortable, more likely to clean dirty dishes in the sink. That’s what a good many of us find well worth the hassles of method of ingestion. The citrus drink mix is great advice, but it’s a sneaky leaf and you’ll go from nuthin to over the edge very easily.

Lots of folks quit trying after taking too much and vomiting. Good luck and keep the thread posted because lots of other suggestions here are golden - quite a few things to try! We appreciate tagging along as you go..
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 1 day ago #48839

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1743
Scales are a needed item for me.... :-bd

At least i know exact amounts. (L)

Others will chime in here, welcome!

Insense1
Rob
530-644-0456
www.insensebotanicals.com
www.goldleafbotanicals.net
:-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, seven100, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3, CanadianTW, Richard65, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 1 day ago #48838

• seven100
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 323
Yeah, kratom isn't exactly an enjoyable thing to drink. I wouldn't sip on it like a cup of tea. I put it in a shaker bottle with about a cup of water and shake it up really well and then drink it down quickly. Then I sip on a tasty beverage like tea to rid myself of the taste. Shaking it with orange juice might help to mask the flavor as well. I know some people use grapefruit juice because they feel like it potentiates kratom, but grapefruit juice can potentiate other medications too, so depending on what you're taking that might not be advisable.

Try some different strains and different vendors. There are some strains and even vendors that I have read rave reviews for, but when I try them I just don't get the same benefits that others describe.

Best of luck. Let us know how it goes for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 1 day ago #48837

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Away
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1245
Welcome to the ILK community Fibrowarrior !

Nan gave you solid info.. and I agree ... body chemistry is diff from person to person and if you’ve been or do take pain meds ... it will take some time of getting those out of your system before feeling kratom at lower doses . But don’t throw in the towel just yet ... there can be a period of fine tuning the strain/vendor and amount to find what works well for you . My suggestion... try 2tsp as your first dose of the day and use a red or green variety. If that doesn’t give you desired relief , you can try later at a slightly higher dose or switch “strains “ and see if that helps . Mixing kratom in OJ or GFJ is a easier way of ingesting kratom , you can hone the skills of T&W later ... that’s a bit tricky at first and mixing in juice is easy peasy...

Sometimes there’s quality product from a vendor that doesn’t match with our chemistry and getting some samples from a few other vendors might be the way to go if you can afford it .

Personally , I get very good pain relief from taking kratom , also good energy and elevated mood ...the thing with kratom is it’s a leaf... and it takes some work to get it right for you ...

So... the main two/ three things are dosage , strain and if taking pain meds, ( even other medications can interfere) lowering those because they dominate the receptors that kratom also touches upon ...

Good luck and please check back in either for progress made or lack of ... or for anything we can do to help you with ! :) (L)

Take care

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, CanadianTW

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 1 day ago #48836

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3917
Here's a users guide that might be helpful-
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/the-kratom-users-guide-2...de-2018#.Xlv02ahKiUk

(toss and wash does not have to be putting dry powder in the back of your mouth- if you do elect to try this again try putting a sip of water in your mouth first, then kratom then wash it down, personally I mix in water and chug the gritty water)

Many here also take other botanical herbs for pain/stress/mood management if the kratom trial get no results we have sugeestions.

BTW welcome to the forum Fibrowarrior, I take kratom to manage spinal arthritis and to help the mental stress of managing chronic pain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 1 day ago #48835

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3917
(First off Kratom is subjective to each's own body chemistry for strains and dosage)
A teaspoon is roughly 2 grams.
The tea method you need to simmer the kratom for 20 minutes and you can strain it out.
Toss and wash you mix with water/juice/ect and drink it grit and all. Letting it sit for 10 minutes in the liquid can help the consistency.

White strains can be the least effective for pain . But if you felt nothing you might need a different dose size. Its a little harder to adjust dose without a scale but increase dosage a little by little.
Past use of prescription medicines(pain meds) can effect the dosage of kraotm you need, and also if you are still taking any of these medicines they might interfere with kratom's effectiveness.

If you are willing to keep up the trail and error you found a good forum here.

Ask any questions you need.

Best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, INSENSE3, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Can you offer time advice on taking? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 4 months 1 day ago #48833

• Fibrowarrior
  • Fibrowarrior's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi, I tried for the first time yesterday, I've bought a sample pack of Sumatran white, red, green, yellow and maeng da and yesterday I tried the white one first, I took a teaspoon in a cup of tea and an hour later felt nothing so took another one which also had no effect. Today I've had the same experience with the maeng da one and although I'm not ready to give up on it I just can't stomach taking it, the tea is so gritty it's hard to swallow and ended up having to spit a mouthful out this morning. To replace what I lost I took half a teaspoon at the back of my throat and washed it down with water...a lot of water. The cinnamon challenge was easier than that! What am I doing wrong? I don't think I can continue forcing this stuff down my throat if it's not going to do absolutely nothing. I'm mainly looking for uplifted mood and reduced pain, neither of which I'm getting in the slightest and I'm guessing you should be able to feel some sort of high? Even if it's just subtle? Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds