Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shoulder pain 6 months 5 days ago #50078

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2045
Welcome to the family Kellyjstep. :-h

Hey brothers Robie and Brandon, and especially all the beautiful ladies in our family. >:D :x (if Robie can hit on y'all so can I) :woohoo:
I pray you are all staying safe and virus free. :-bd

Kellyjstep,
You should check out the approved vendors section here for sources that are leaps and bounds better quality and price than any head shop or gas station.
I haven't tried all the ones Robie and Brandon have listed but everyone I have tried has been first class.
Like Robie, I am also partial to Insense/Gold Leaf because they were my first here and I also like to "leave the dance with who I came with" and feel guilty when I stray as he said. :lol:

I have only been taking kratom for 13 months now and my doses are still between 1g-2g 3 times a day but mostly no more than 2.4g or 1 level bakers tsp. (I also use an inexpensive scale to
weigh my doses.)
It all depends on pain level which has been very high these past few weeks due to a stabbing pain in my right shoulder blade. Last time I had this pain was due to 2 herniated disks in my neck,
which are now gone and the vertebra fused. (C5-C7)
I am praying that I don't have another herniated disk above or below them. I don't want any more surgeries. :(
I have been masking the pain with the higher (2.4g-3g) doses 4 times a day and that has been working to make the pain low enough for me to sleep and to work. :-bd

My preferred dose for the past week has been 1g of Fused Flora - White Hilir (or rocket fuel as it was aptly named), mixed with 2g of Red Fibro from PA Botanicals.
Yes I strayed from Insense. :ohmy:
This takes 90% of the pain away for about 4 hours. For me red strains are usually for night time only but the White Hilir cuts the drowsiness out of it so I can take it during the day.

You should buy some sample packs to start with.

When I first found ILK in Mar 2019 that was a suggestion I was given by the great family here.
I chose insense botanicals to try try first. They have a $17 sampler that gets you three 1oz (28grams) samples of your choice. I did Red, Green, and White Maeng Da to start. I bought their
sampler pack 2 more times that year, they let you do it 3 times a year. They don't make a lot of money on these samplers so that is why they limit they amount of times you can buy but it is a
great inexpensive way to try the different types. But they now have unlimited 5oz sampler packs also (but you pay shipping on these). :woohoo:

So I tried 9 different samples from them and their Green Riau took away the pain of chronic headaches I have suffered with for over 2 years. The Green ketapang also took away the
headache pain and body pain also. They also have several blends that many here have tried and got excellent pain relief from. Red Kx, Red Dragon, and Fuzzy Dragon.
My point is to get some samples of a Red, Green, and a White to start to see what works. :-bd

Other vendors also have sample packs. Fused Flora used to have samplers but I don't see them on their web site any more. :-?
But at $4 for a 25g/pack you can make your own sampler very inexpensively. =D>

There are also other botanicals that help with pain. Incarvillea Sinensis is an excellent example.

Keep us posted on your progress. Everybody hear loves to help. >:D :x
Don
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robie, Babel-17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Shoulder pain 6 months 6 days ago #50074

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2001

Kellyjstep wrote: Hi Robie!

I have been using kratom for about a month and a half. I had a break in that time of 2 weeks. I was taking regular pain medication during the break as my pain makes it so I have to take something daily for the pain. I usually will take ibuprofen 800 or Percocet.

The strain I had last time before I restocked with the current ones I feel was a way better quality. The current one has not impressed me at all. 7 teaspoons is not what I want to have to consume to feel any type of relief. Lucky that you are at the 1- 1 1/2 tsp.

If you don’t mind sharing the vendor name if you can that would be awesome.

Yessss... shoulder pain is awful.. tends to make me very uncomfortable daily. I will not have any surgeries either.

I am not sure if we can share good vendors on here, but if so I would def like names of some. The local smoke shop I called wants 85$ for a 250g bag.. insane and a brand I never heard of. They also sell kilos for in between 400-500$ each... holy rip off!!!

Thanks for replying and thanks for welcoming me. Hoping to educate myself so well that I will never struggle to choose the right strain and vendor.

Wow, yeah man !! Super expensive ... and most def not the quality you’ll experience from our ILK approved vendors and for a fraction of the cost !

I didn’t catch the part about you taking Percocets when I responded earlier ... both opiates and kratom hit the same receptors and opiates out compete kratom big time ,

with pain meds in your system, you wont feel the full effects from kratom until time has passed and your receptors have cooled down to let the kratom work it’s magic ! Also , this explains why you need such a high dose of kratom. I’ll tell you my friend.... kratom is better at pain relief for me and many people and without all the negative side effects .. though mindfulness is needed to approach kratom respectfully and to limit its own smaller side effects .. like constipation, hydration is very important !

Here’s a list of vendors I’ve had the honor to try and a few that I haven’t .. but plan on in the future .

Most are ILK approved , the ones that aren’t, great as well!

InSense/ Goldleaf Botanical
Fused Flora
Benni Botanical
COB
Inland Botanical
PDO
TopExtracts
SLO
Lucky Herbals
Bow Key
Kratom d o t c o m ( have to spell it , otherwise this site detects as spam)
Kratom Krates
SoFlo
Treasure House
Appalachian Herbs
Re-lief - ready for to try them again., michele has great things to say about them

Check the vendor list for others to scope out , and also the “find a vendor rate a vendor “ in the index section will give some customer reviews and experiences with many vendors .

Everyone of these vendors are very worthy , awesome and wonderful people running the show ..

Really good to have you here and hope you stick around and learn with us !
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robie, Babel-17

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Shoulder pain 6 months 6 days ago #50069

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1392
Hey Little Brother! Have the kids got you chewing on knuckles yet? My goodness. To have the energy these youngsters have! Little scamps! You just need to figure out how to bottle up all that energy and market it. You'd be pulling down the looooong cabbage in no time. I hope you and your family are doing well Brandon? By golly I envy you. I remember those days and I do miss them. You are a good soul with a good heart. Hang in there!

Be blessed,

Robie

Shoulder pain 6 months 6 days ago #50068

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello again Kelly. I am very loyal to Insense/Gold Leaf, I love Gold Leafs wild Kratom! Great stuff. I also use C.O. B. Wonderful folks and I have ALOT of respect for Chris' business model. He's ahead of the curve but I believe it will pay off for him in the long run. And Natures Cure. I believe that's Joel? that has Natures Cure. All 3 get your products to you very fast. They are like family to me. All fantastic products and service. They work with you and not make things hard. And I've never, ever, have received a product from any of these fine folks that didn't toe the mark. What you may not find with one vendor the other vendor will have. I have ordered from other vendors. And their products were good. I just like these folks. I started out with them, thanks to the wonderful family here on the ILK, and I feel traitorous ordering from other folks. And I know that's not realistic. But it's the old dog new tricks thing. Leaving the dance with the person I came with sort of thing. And stay away from that sub par smoke shop crap. I'm sorry but that's what it is. I wouldn't trust the labeling on smoke shop Kratom period. I don't think they have your best interests at heart Kelly. When I order from Rob at Gold Leaf I have my Kratom in 2 days. I don't know how he does it but he does.

It was nice chatting with you. I hope you are staying healthy and happy.

Be blessed,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Shoulder pain 6 months 6 days ago #50067

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2001
Robie !!!you da maeng !!!

Welcome to the ilk community!

1 tsp is approximately 2-3gm... 7tsp would equate to a whopping 14-21 gms .
That’s a pretty hefty dose my friend....

I believe your tolerance is getting so high so fast because of the dosage amount.

We are all diff and some us may need more of less depending on many factors ...

If you have quality kratom , a general rule for me anyways is to keep my dose amount at 2tsp (4-6 gms) 4-5 x a day . I wait at least 4 hrs in between doses but the longer I wait , the more effective
( usually ) my next dose will be. Aside from sticking to a consistent dosage amount , switching “strains” and vendors helps prevent you from becoming desensitized to a special alkaloid profile of one particular strain.

I still get great benefits three years later , taking kratom everyday . Moodlift , energy, pain relief and lowered anxiety. These benefits are not like when I first started taking kratom ..the “honeymoon “ phase has long been gone lol, but by taking more and more trying to chase that fist handful of months your actually pushing the benefits further away by upping your tolerance via the amount you take. Past 3 tsp, I don’t get the moodlift , energy or pain relief ... just frustration .. kratom has a built in ceiling ... past a certain amount you experience less of what kratom has to offer. Hard to except the less is more factor but it’s true and then some !

My advice is to cut your dose in half for a week , the following week cut it down some more . When i lowered my dose I experienced much more of the subtle but pronounced beauty that is kratom .

Also , mixing your kratom with hirsuta .. substituting a portion of kratom for hirsuta can help lower tolerance ... same goes for stem and vein... 1:1:1 blend of kratom / hirsuta and s&v over the course of a week or two can dramatically lower your tolerance. Plain ole tapering is just as effective though. I think you’d be amazed at how lowering your kratom consumption, the more relief and other loveliness you’ll get out it .

Others will add to this , but that’s the legist of “less is more “ and the way I go about it!

Also, There’s lesser % alkaloids that get drowned out by higher % ones when rising the dosage. I think Nan or BoMalley our that one out there ! Makes sense ...so... The more you take , you’ll be countering the effects of the potentiating alkaloids that are in smaller percentage in relation to the whole gamut. The whole enchilada! Too much cheese and sauce , you won’t taste the beans or chicken lol,

Give it a try and please report back , you may have a adjustment and recalibration time ... but for me , cutting down my dose was immediately noticeable.

Great to have you here , just some of the best folks you’d hope to chat with and become friends with . ILK is a special zone that we are all beyond blessed to have !

Take care my friend B-) :-bd (L)

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Shoulder pain 6 months 6 days ago #50065

• Kellyjstep
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Robie!

I have been using kratom for about a month and a half. I had a break in that time of 2 weeks. I was taking regular pain medication during the break as my pain makes it so I have to take something daily for the pain. I usually will take ibuprofen 800 or Percocet.

The strain I had last time before I restocked with the current ones I feel was a way better quality. The current one has not impressed me at all. 7 teaspoons is not what I want to have to consume to feel any type of relief. Lucky that you are at the 1- 1 1/2 tsp.

If you don’t mind sharing the vendor name if you can that would be awesome.

Yessss... shoulder pain is awful.. tends to make me very uncomfortable daily. I will not have any surgeries either.

I am not sure if we can share good vendors on here, but if so I would def like names of some. The local smoke shop I called wants 85$ for a 250g bag.. insane and a brand I never heard of. They also sell kilos for in between 400-500$ each... holy rip off!!!

Thanks for replying and thanks for welcoming me. Hoping to educate myself so well that I will never struggle to choose the right strain and vendor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Shoulder pain 6 months 6 days ago #50063

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
Good afternoon everyone! Nice to meet you Kellyjstep. Out of curiosity? How long have you used Kratom without a break? I've been using for 8 months rotating strains and I haven't taken a break. I have a teaspoon and a half each dose. I have no idea what that is as far as gram dosage is though. If the lovely Nan were here, the Black Eyed Susan of the ILK, she could tell me. She probably has told me before but short term memory hasn't been my strong suit lately. I hope your aches and pains go away Kellyjstep. Shoulder pain is brutal. Both of mine are trashed and the orthos want to replace them. I'm not going to though.

Be blessed all,

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Shoulder pain 6 months 6 days ago #50062

• Kellyjstep
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi there.

I noticed you say less is more when using kratom. I have just jumped back on kratom after not being able to handle my chronic pain.

I have 3 different strains. One is green with red mixed. One is white, green and yellow. One is a mixture of the reds.

I started last week with one of the strains and started out at 3 tsp so 3 grams. A week later I am at 7 tsp so 7 grams. I take it with tumeric, lemon and I toss and wash with OJ.

Why is it that my tolerance is going up so fast when I switch the strain? I wish it would go back to where I only need three teaspoons. I only take it once a day.

I know the best way to get my tolerance down is to take a break of a week, but doing that means I will have to deal with my pain. Nothing really helps my pain, not even opiates. I find more relief with kratom.

I am looking for suggestions on how to keep my tolerance low and get the relief I need.

I am not quite sure of the quality of the kratom I have either. A friend made the mixes for me and I believe he gets his kratom wholesale.

I love the pain relief, but do not want to end up spending more and more $$ on it as my tolerance increases.

Any suggestions of how to keep the tolerance low is much appreciated!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Shoulder pain 6 months 2 weeks ago #49713

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 347
I was limping my way back home 2h ago. Back and leg pain. 4.5gr of green malay and 1h later im 80% better yay!

Other than kratom there is a bunch of things that can help with inflammation. First is food. Then herbs, vitamins and supplements. As a last resort NSAIDs, but in the long term they carry risk.

Welcome here :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Shoulder pain 6 months 2 weeks ago #49702

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
I agree that Kratom is a godsend for pain. It also helps with depression and anxiety. I have decreased my other meds because of it. Initially I had a couple incidents of constipation, but lots of fluids and fresh vegetables took care of that. I was taking diclofenic twice a day for pain and 200 mg Zoloft for depression. Down to 100 mg Zoloft and only occasional diclofenic.

These folks are very knowledgeable and willing to help. You came to the right place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Robie, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds