Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Where do I go from here? 2 months 2 weeks ago #50064

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1392
Good evening all! I hope you had a nice and healthy day? Hello DeDeMe. Fused, Brandon, my Hermano Pequeno, and Canadian all offered great advice. Have you tried some really good Green or Red Maeng Da? There are some very good vendors here who don't sell anything like that crap you get in Smoke or Head shops. I've done Green Malay and it also upsets my stomach if I do, say, a regular dose of Green Maeng Da. Or a Green Vietnam or Thai for that matter. I also find the Green Malay more potent to me. But that's me. What I really enjoy about Kratom is the effect of not wanting an opioid. If I was offered an Opioid or Kratom I'd pick the Kratom. It's just more effective for me. It offers me the benefits of 6 pharmaceuticals without all the ugly side effects that come with the pharmaceuticals. To me Kratom is more effective on mood lifting, gentles a troubled heart and helps enough with my aches and pains. And to be honest the pain meds were at the point where I wasn't really getting pain relief. But I would get really bad depressive feelings when they went past their half life. Also mentioned is the fact that everyone is different. Get some good sample packs from some vendors here. Mix them around and then you'll have a base to work from. I'm still new to Kratom considering the other good folks who post on here. You are on a great forum with kind people who can help you find that which you seek. I feel a lift after I take my morning Kratom. And I take it through the day also. It has helped me out more than Big Pharma did. And Fused has a good point. Potentiators. Try them and you may very well be pleasantly surprised. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Be blessed and hang tough everyone,

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Where do I go from here? 2 months 2 weeks ago #50035

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1280
Welcome to ILK Dedeme!

Very happy you found this lovely community , your in great company !

Shaun and Canadian TW gave some great advice and knowledge gained and shared , can’t add much to this ...

Like Shaun/ Fused Flora said , finding your dose that gives you relief , stick to the lowest amount that will get you there and rotating strains is key .

Canadian TW made a great point, plain leaf has much to offer , more than extracts alone ... best not to jump into extracts right off the starting gate . Extracts will jack up your tolerance very quickly and you’ll not be able to feel the plain leaf very good .
Recommend staying away from these until a later time .

Since you have a history of pain meds , your receptors will need time to adjust and mellow out from the strong opiates that compete with the same receptor sites as kratom. As time goes on , you’ll experience more of the full benefits kratom has to offer, often those with a history of opiate use, a bigger starting dose might be needed.... but it’s best to start low , and prime your body like Shaun mentioned .

Keep hydration on the forefront, kratom can dry you out , drink plenty of water ,

Patience and experimenting is the work we all have to put in to fine tune and get the most out of kratom . It’s the absolute best herbal tool I’ve ever encountered!

Stay away from headship kratom , I’ve tried many vendors from the ILK list , and all were very worthy , some I found to work better for my chemistry than others , but there’s much that goes into that, times of year the kratom is picked , chemistry, metabolism and so on...

If you can , get a few samples from a few diff vendors and see what suits your fancy .

Big welcome again, it’s a beautiful and rewarding journey with kratom , when you find what works , big game changer !!

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robie

Where do I go from here? 2 months 2 weeks ago #50032

• CanadianTW
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 306
Hi Dedeme! Welcome to the beautiful community :)

For me kratom feels very sober. I did feel a slight buzz the first few times. I don't ever feel sedated, stimulated or euphoric. But it relieves my chronic pain and fatigue, it relaxes muscles and tensed nerves and helps with depression and anxiety.

I read your other post so i understand you're dealing with chronic pain but in this post it wasnt clear if you were looking for a high or help with an ailment. Not that there is anything wrong with the former but they are very different goals. I tried getting a buzz off of it but i quickly saw that it wasn't good for that while realizing the benefits it had on my body and mind.

Also, it took some effort, trials and error for it to work. Like a couple weeks before i was really seeing the full benefits. And another few weeks to realize extracts were not the way to go, plain leaf has a lot more to offer. Sustainability is the best thing about kratom but it quickly becomes unsustainable with extract, especially with chronic pain.

Let us know how your journey goes, glad you got here :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Where do I go from here? 2 months 2 weeks ago #50031

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 569
Everyone's experience with kratom is different. And each strain reacts different to each person. It can be difficult to find a match for you, but it's not impossible and just takes time.

Headshops are notoriously weak leaf. In perspective, I sell my seconds to headshops, most your online vendors tend to have much better quality for what you pay for.

Some observations - Extracts tend to wreck havoc on tolerance and are difficult to judge their strength. I would strongly advise against them unless you're in the 20g a dose area (7-8 caps is about 4-5g). For effects, I've noticed I feel the best on an empty stomach, as anything you eat can also have an effect on how the kratom hits you. 2 hours before breakfast, 2 hours after lunch and 2 hours after dinner are my magic spots. Additionally, hydration is extremely important.

I would get into priming the body to be ready to achieve best effects, but as a new user I think more important to find your dose first. I posted a pretty good starting point in the other thread. Once you find your dose, best to start trying a few strains to find what matches you and begin rotating as soon as possible to not get tolerance up too early, as folks can quickly chase the feelings and be tempted to try extracts or enhanced leaf.

After you've found your dose and a few good strains you enjoy, you can read up on some of my or Madmax posts about potentiating and getting the best effects. Again, I wouldn't start here, as it's difficult to compare if you don't have a base line.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you have questions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robie, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Where do I go from here? 2 months 2 weeks ago #50029

• DeDeMe
  • DeDeMe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi! Well, I'm probably going to ask the same questions everyone does. I apologize in advance...

I tried kratom from a local head shop 2 or 3 years ago and nothing happened, so I just blew it off as bs. I got it in powder form and had no idea what I was doing. I didn't do any research and had no idea that it would have worked if I had experimented a little. About a month ago, my son mentioned that a friend of his was taking it, and had been for a couple of years. That made me curious again, so I jumped online this time to see what I could find. Knowing that quality was most likely an issue the first time, I started looking for vendor reviews. I settled on Coastline because I read a review that seemed legit. Had to weed through a few that were vendors in disguise just trying to sell their product. Lucky for me, they turned out to be okay. So, the first thing I got was a sample pack of Green Malay capsules and some white vein capsules. When I first got them I took a couple of capsules of the Green Malay, and nothing happened. Second day, I took 4 caps and then another 2 about a 1/2 hour later, and then another 2 about 20 minutes after that, and nothing. So, I gave it a rest for a day, cuz all those caps made me feel full and then I tasted kratom all day after that, and was a little nauseous. My next adventure was to try just the powder. I dumped 7 or 8 caps in my coffee, and that went a little bit better. Getting it down was hard, but I did have an attitude boost and felt pretty good for awhile. At that point, my thinking was that if I have a choke down a bail of hay every morning, the result was okay, but not worth all that. With the moderate success of drinking it with coffee, I decided to try a couple of extracts. Ended up with Platinum Reserve and FSE Extract.When I received them, first thing I did was put a dropper full of Platinum Reserve directly on my tongue thinking that would surely do something, but not a thing. The next morning I put two droppers full in my coffee, along with two caps of the white vein that I had gotten with the Green Malay, which I hadn't tried yet, and I did feel it, but less than what I felt with the Green Malay. I know there are lots of things I can try, but that's just it. There are so many things. At the rate I'm going, I'll be in my 60's before I manage to figure this out (at least 6 years from now..lol). From what I have read, there must be something that I am missing. I did take pain meds for about 7 years, but haven't taken any regularly for about a year. So, I wouldn't think that an opiate tolerance would come into play, but not sure about that. I still haven't tried the white vein in earnest and haven't tried the FSE at all, but I'm not holding out much hope. I think that I'm looking for a Green Malay type of effect which is why I haven't really put a lot of effort into the white vein so far.

The burning question in my mind, after taking pain meds for so long and knowing what they feel like, am I ever going to get THAT feeling from kratom? That is what I want. Is all this going to eventually pay off, or am I just chasing my tail?

Well, I just rattled this off in a hurry and left out a lot of details. I hope that its coherent. I really, really, really want and need for this to work for me. Any suggestions are welcome!!! Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robie, FusedFlora, CanadianTW, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds