Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Best Kratom alternatives? 1 month 3 weeks ago #50690

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3778
There is only one way to wean down and that is to gradually reduce the amount you take - this is called tapering down.
You can reduce the frequency first . Go longer and longer between shots.

OR

You can try reducing the amount you are taking. Usually the "rule of thumb" is to reduce the dose by about 10% per week. Sorry I do not know how to calculate that for what you are taking but you could guestimate by volume.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Kratom alternatives? 1 month 3 weeks ago #50667

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1316
Hey Steve ,
Congratulations on being approved and stoked your part of the ILK family !!
Great to see you here , how are you doing my friend ?

A couple of my favorite kratom alternatives and or complimentary herbs are kanna and Akuamma. I personally really enjoy OEO options for these . Great quality ! Some of my favorites.

Hope all is well with you brother , please feel free to PM me or send a email anytime,!

Again , really nice to have you here B-) (L) :-P

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Best Kratom alternatives? 1 month 3 weeks ago #50666

• OrganicElementsOnline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
There is a product call Oasis. It is an alternative to Kratom and is stronger than just Akuamma. It does have Akuamma in it but it also has Kana it is available through Organic Elements Online as well as many smoke shops
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Best Kratom alternatives? 1 month 4 weeks ago #50612

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 569

Chundley wrote: I can’t take plain leaf Kratom cause it makes me very sick so i Started to take mit 45 shots and now I can’t even function without 1 and 3/4 of of a bottle! I didn’t know how bad extracts r until I posted my problems with Kratom leaves! My question is how do I wean down off this stuff if I can’t take regular Kratom! I hear it’s pretty easy to wean off using leaves but since I can’t what’s the best option? I already ordered some Akuamma Seed powder but I don’t think it’s going to help much since I read it’s not as strong as Kratom. So should I get something else to help besides Akuamma To help?

I want to preface and say this is a tough situation, and we're all here to help. Though, it's not an easy answer. I'm not saying anything is bad/wrong, just that this challenge will be a tough one.

Did you try kratom as a tea or toss and wash? Often folks have issues with plant matter digestion for toss and wash as Michele eluded to. How long have you been on kratom? If it's less than a few years and you're already at near 2 bottles of mit 45, then I don't think a lot of alkaloids will work for you at this point, regardless of the botanical.

In perspective, you're consuming 1.17g of mitragynine per bottle, roughly 2g of mitragynine in 1 and 3/4 bottles. The average mitragynine in a 5g dose (average user) is around 0.075g of mitragynine. To achieve the same effects as the mit 45, you'd need 78-85g of powder. That's a bit rough to toss, and perhaps becoming cost prohibitive.

As far as alternatives to answer the question though, there's hundreds, but it totally depends on what you're seeking to feel. You'll have to provide a bit more context on what specifically makes you unable to function without the mid 45. I can tell you at this point, that you've consumed a lot of mitra and likely won't be able to feel effects from kratom, hirsuta, or javanica for a long time, if ever again. Those 2 are generally considered the closest 2 alternatives to kratom, but hit the same receptors, which are likely very tolerant for you at this point.

To be honest, that's a lot of alkaloids, and a difficult situation to have such a high tolerance. Not saying that you can't get the tolerance lower, it's just going to be very, very difficult and take a very long time. The average half-life of alkaloids in a metabolism is 8hrs. If we figure this conservatively, even after 5 days, you'd still have detectable amounts of alkaloids in your system. You'd need significant time for reset to allow them to pass, and then the receptors/cells take an extremely long time to heal/replicate, it's a tough road ahead, but a lot of diligence and support, you'll be able to do it for sure!
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by FusedFlora.

Best Kratom alternatives? 2 months 1 day ago #50529

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4089
chundley,

im so sorry you are in this situation. I personally haven't tried these extracts but we will definitely do the best we can to help. I personally think akuamma works a great deal. I use it more than kratom on most days. everyones tolerance for it is different, but most start 1-2 g but you can USUALLY safely take as much as 4g a dose with no issues.

if you take kratom for pain, there are plenty of other herbals that can help. another great daytime one is Incarvillea sinesis or we call it IS. too lazy right now to double check my spelling lol.. or white willow bark is typically safe with small doses. unless you are allergic even a little bit to aspirin. that's the natural base to it. ive read typically 500mg-1g. and you can typically safely take all 3 together (I do)

2 herbals that are better for nighttime (for me) are corydalis and Chinese skullcap. but smaller doses can be tolerated by some during the day,

if you take kratom for mood and anxiety, there are many other options too. gaba, kava, kanna, magnolia bark, blue lotus, mungulu bark, these are just to name a few.

have you ever tried making kratom tea? get coarse cut kratom and literally brew it into a tea. or if all you have is powder they have fine mesh spoons and such. some people just cant stomach ingesting so much plant material.

since your tolerance is so high already, you may have to buy enhanced kratom for this to work. but of course I cant be sure, like I say everyones tolerance is different. I am in no way a dr or nurse, in fact never worked in the medical field. but we as a group try to help others the best we can, and I try to read up the best I can.

in sense botanicals has great 'other herbals' at great prices. they also have great kratom and new enhanced leaf.

meridian botanicals has great products too, long list. and you can look up by desired effect. but their shipping is snail slow FYI

I wouldn't get into powder extracts cause its really just the same thing in powder instead of a drink. were going to try and help you taper, cold turkey may be hard. in no way judging.

I CAN tell you my husband got off subs thanks to kratom and been clean of that garbage well over a year now. if that can be done, I have faith.

don't beat yourself up, stressful times for all of us. maybe start by just a bottle and a half and start to taper that way for starters till you have more ammunition. don't be afraid to vent. someone will always be here to try to help fairly quick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Best Kratom alternatives? 2 months 1 day ago #50526

• Chundley
  • Chundley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
I can’t take plain leaf Kratom cause it makes me very sick so i Started to take mit 45 shots and now I can’t even function without 1 and 3/4 of of a bottle! I didn’t know how bad extracts r until I posted my problems with Kratom leaves! My question is how do I wean down off this stuff if I can’t take regular Kratom! I hear it’s pretty easy to wean off using leaves but since I can’t what’s the best option? I already ordered some Akuamma Seed powder but I don’t think it’s going to help much since I read it’s not as strong as Kratom. So should I get something else to help besides Akuamma To help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds