Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

Comments and questions... 5 months 3 hours ago #50814

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9076
Hi Vanity33,

So far, some improvement is better than none.

But. I was thinking about your needs and I’m wondering if kratom is appropriate. Thinking maybe not.

Subtle, very subtle pain relief is all we get, with mood lift like attributed to being in a wee bit less pain. And for those of us with depression, the mood lift is particularly helpful

Kratom is not something we FEEL besides a wee bit better.

Kratom may not be strong enough for your pain.

The alternative supplements are better for safe use with pharmaceutical medication. That may be worth more serious looking.

That itching persistence is a sign that your body is rejecting the kratom, to some degree. Hints like that are important to pay attention to. That should have long ago vanished.

Some itching at first use is one thing, but yours is fairly ongoing (except this one time) AND you are not getting benefits that meet your needs. Jamming a square peg down a round hole, for example, is not always worth the effort. Kratom helps with a vast array of chronic health issues, but it’s not helpful FOR EVERYONE.

Just some thoughts I have regarding your vigilance at trying to get some benefits you can use.

Minor pain relief that is not helpful for lifestyle improvements may not be worth all of this hassle.

Have a good day and share your thoughts when time allows. I’m just thinking out loud sorta.

Laurie
Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Comments and questions... 5 months 1 day ago #50805

• Vanity33
  • Vanity33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
Well the Red Borneo did not help with my pain but I did not itch this time either. lol. I just had to wait it out. I have an odd metabolism I think...Eventually something will work for the pain issues and eventually I am going to go search out some of these different sleep suggestions you all mentioned. Thanks everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Comments and questions... 5 months 3 days ago #50786

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Here’s one link so far, but Michelle373 does NOT recommend it for sleep. Don and I do,

www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-forum/rate-a-vendor/903...nni-botanicals#47528

Here it is again. I can’t see dates, tho. Forgot to use larger device:
www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-forum/kratom-discussion...ready?start=30#43538

I’m not sure those posts are where I discovered the akuamma helps me sleep. My metabolism is not at all like Don’s EXCEPT I also cannot take KX from InSense and expect to sleep! It’s a full on gem like white vein without the jitters. KX is reserved for WORK DAYS with reliable results.
In these posts.

No effing idea WHERE EXACTLY I came to find akuamma as helpful for sleep. But I cannot risk using it unless a nap would be handy, LOL
I discovered how sleepy I get from it FOLLOWING the virus from hello that I had in Jan 2020. I thought I was just napping because I was so sick. But then I experimented with it after that and found it still helps me sleep.

I’m supposedly an “opposite”. Hopefully there’s some good options for trying to help alleviate insomnia. As with everything in the kratom family of types, only self testing will find the true match for sleeping.

Now I know why nobody mentioned akuamma. It only helps me and Don (tiggermanscrat), LMAO!
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie.

Comments and questions... 5 months 3 days ago #50785

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
My metabolism is apparently similar to Shaun’s.

I have to use caution with coffee after 3. Also, if I take my normal dose of kratom of any color any later than 4, I’ll have trouble sleeping. Fortunately, legs on typical dose is not quite 5 hrs. Smaller doses at those hours are handy for finishing things up for the day w/out insomnia.

A hefty dose of 4 -6 grams (approx) good red vein after dinner can have me posting on forums til 2AM! LOL

But, as to the akuamma issue. I also did not realize it can be of help falling asleep until it was mentioned on this forum as being useful at bedtime. Sometime around January, seems like Michelle373 and/or Tiggermanscrat posted about it. I had not noticed that I was always napping after use of akuamma.
Except not after repeated use.
Maybe I can find the link to that discussion here somewhere...

Once I paid attention by taking akuamma ON PURPOSE for sleep, then I realized it’s seriously helpful. But NOT if used every day.
Laurie

Comments and questions... 5 months 3 days ago #50778

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 598

Laurie wrote: Hey y’all! Family reunion, lol!

Hi Vanity33! I believe I’ve been of no help to you as yet, ;-)

But. Why isn’t akuamma in this thread? Also known as Picralima Nitida seeds.

I think it was Michelle373 who mentioned the drowsiness. I had been using it for discomfort from a VIRUS in January and then dozing off. And repeat. But I really didn’t pay attention to the correlation because I was so dam sick!

Now, if I have ANY potential inflammation, and I need some rest, I pop a large helping of 1200 mg at bedtime and I often wake up to ind my ambien still waiting by the bedside.

A lot of the stuff mentioned, I’ve tried. Like you and Littlebear3, kratom does NOT encourage rest for me. In any dose. I get energized or wobbles/dizzy if I try enough I have heard is great for sleep.

For insurance purposes, I ad a cap or 3 of valerian root extract OR corydalis, or Skullcap or Wild Lettuce.

My apologies if some or all of this is repetitive, given all of the helpful replies.

Some vendors offer all of these in addition to their kratom products. I always peek around at the “other stuff” on websites.

I had forgot about Nature’s Cure having ashwanine. I found that supplement extremely helpful but a bit out of my budget, so I forgot about it FOR MONETARY REASONS ONLY, lol

I’m getting super curious about where you go from here...

I'm with you and littlebear, every once in awhile I'll find some kratom that puts me out, but it's rare. Relaxation is one thing, but rest and sleep is entirely different. A lot of folks say reds for bed, but at least for me this is the exception and not the rule.

I do fing magnolia bark and blue lotus help me rest though, but I'm usually tired enough to sleep soundly regardless. I'm sensitive to caffeine, so I usually don't have coffee after 1pm.

Comments and questions... 5 months 3 days ago #50777

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3793
Laurie:

Are you saying that the Akuamma acts as a sedative for you? I have found it helpful for pain but never sedating. In fact I have found Akuamma helps ONLY with pain. It does nothing else for me which is why I always like to default to the Kratom. Kratom helps with mood and energy as well as pain relief.

Somethingsacred:

YES - my mother WAS on Kratom for a couple of years (when she was in Assisted Living) but she could only manage capsules so I was busy every week putting it into capsules for her. However, as time went on and age related dementia started challenging her judgement, it became more and more obvious that she really did not understand what she was doing or why with taking the stuff (eg she had trouble figuring out what a "dose" was).

Eventually with falls and broken bones she went into hospital several times and came out at a higher level of care. So that meant all her medications were managed by the docs and nurses ---(YIPEEE) and I was relieved of any responsibility for managing them - Kratom was history.

She did ask for it several times but now that it has been over a year I don't think she even remembers that she took it.

She will be 99 yrs old next week and she takes NO medication except for the Tylenol for pain and Voltaren cream on her joints.

Even though many businesses here are opening up the facility is still in lockdown. Most of the new COVID cases here have been in nursing homes so they are being extra careful and likely will NOT open up to visitors for quite some time yet. she has not had any visitors since mid March. - almost 10 weeks.

LittleBear:

the Reds only help with sleep at higher doses I think, OR with cumulative doses throughout the day.
If you are taking smaller doses maybe the sedating alkaloids are not present in sufficient amounts to cause sedation.

I generally get a lift at first and then the sedation kicks in, so I take my kratom about 2 hours before bed.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

Last edit: by bomalley.

Comments and questions... 5 months 4 days ago #50745

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Hey y’all! Family reunion, lol!

Hi Vanity33! I believe I’ve been of no help to you as yet, ;-)

But. Why isn’t akuamma in this thread? Also known as Picralima Nitida seeds.

I think it was Michelle373 who mentioned the drowsiness. I had been using it for discomfort from a VIRUS in January and then dozing off. And repeat. But I really didn’t pay attention to the correlation because I was so dam sick!

Now, if I have ANY potential inflammation, and I need some rest, I pop a large helping of 1200 mg at bedtime and I often wake up to ind my ambien still waiting by the bedside.

A lot of the stuff mentioned, I’ve tried. Like you and Littlebear3, kratom does NOT encourage rest for me. In any dose. I get energized or wobbles/dizzy if I try enough I have heard is great for sleep.

For insurance purposes, I ad a cap or 3 of valerian root extract OR corydalis, or Skullcap or Wild Lettuce.

My apologies if some or all of this is repetitive, given all of the helpful replies.

Some vendors offer all of these in addition to their kratom products. I always peek around at the “other stuff” on websites.

I had forgot about Nature’s Cure having ashwanine. I found that supplement extremely helpful but a bit out of my budget, so I forgot about it FOR MONETARY REASONS ONLY, lol

I’m getting super curious about where you go from here...
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Laurie.

Comments and questions... 5 months 5 days ago #50738

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2015
I can empathize about knee pain , ankle and foot pain as well, I’m sorry your going through this , but your in great company !
Most Red Borneo’s I’ve had have helped with pain more than not , so that’s a good pick, but can be sedating at pain relieving quantities, if you have a solid green like maeng da, Malay or Hulu to add to your dose , like a 2:1or 1:1 ratio , may be nice added energy .

There’s a little machine called a Tens unit , sends little zaps of electricity to troubled areas of the body , helps me with muscle pain , could help with lowering / dulling the pain and offer some relief . Just something to look into ... approx 30-40& on Amazon I believe .

Hope you find some good relief today , please let us know if the Borneo or Borneo mix helps with the pain .
Life is better with kratom !

Comments and questions... 5 months 5 days ago #50737

• Vanity33
  • Vanity33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
Well its been several days since I tried Red Borneo but today I am trying it for a completely new reason and hope it works. I am having serious pain in my left knee. It does not act up too much(some arthritis) but I guess I overdid it in the last 24 hours so this will be a real test. If there is something else better for pain please let me know as I am winging it out here so as always I appreciate all of your suggestions and expertise.
And a little off subject has anyone tried Red Light Therapy. I recently started using that to see if it helps. Thanks, Z

Comments and questions... 5 months 5 days ago #50736

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
I have never founds reds to be good for sleep, or any kratom for that matter. They all lift my mood. I use skullcap for sleep. I like to take a second dose of Kratom in late afternoon, but if I take it too late, I am lying awake into the early hours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds