Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

More question from this Newbie... 1 month 1 day ago #50969

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3937
Hi goshak- sorry about your accident.
Have you tried to perk up your 5 kilo "no fly" kratom. This is the term that has become our label of low quality or kratom that just doesn't vibe for us.
It goes in the no fly pile drawer.
Tips to perk up what might be a low quality batch, soak it in lemon juice or any citrus acid. Make a tea with it, sometimes it brings out different properties of the kratom you are not normally getting. I take with turmeric and black pepper but I feel it helps prevent tolerance not sure how effective in reducing tolerance already in place. You can also take a high quality fat like coconut oil about 30 minutes after your kratom dose to help with its absorption and metabolism, I normally take a small shot of coconut oil , I chase my kratom dose I don't really wait though but babel has explained its better to take it some time after.
You need a taper but not while you are managing pain, pain levels effect healing so continue to do what you can to manage pain.
Definitely ask around the forum for vendors that currently have high quality kratom.
We have suggestions for you for alternative herbs that are also effective for pain like akuaama , incarvillea sinensis, and white willow. I believe In Sense botanicals carrry these.

Best (* peeps I meant absorption, bad auto correct, oops)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, goshawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Nan70.

More question from this Newbie... 1 month 2 days ago #50964

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8801
I remember that Georgia close call! It was really concerning at the time. I already had my “kinda not my favorite” 5 kilos from the BanMania 2016 not all that long before the Georgia battle ensued. THANKS SO MUCH for taking part in the proceedings as a lot of folks are doing better, thanks to kratom, but not necessarily mobile enough to participate! Very cool that you helped turn that around!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

More question from this Newbie... 1 month 2 days ago #50963

• goshawk
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
When I first started, I was using it recreationally, and started with around the 3 grams. From the very beginning I started taking accurate measurements in my doses.

I was in a motorcycle accident and lost the use of my right hand. There is a fair amount of pain associated with the injuries

I as I continued taking kratom, I beginning to notice that I was developing a tolerance as a result I have gone to a level of up to 10 grams. I probably could not stomach a higher dose to be honest.

I might try to put in a kratom break to help with the tolerance issue. I am thinking of adding some turmeric to my dosing as I read that can make it more effective.

I have stayed away from any extracts as I am thinking the leaf is at least natural.

I do plan on adding better quality to my shopping criteria next go round.

The trouble is there was a moment in Georgia where we thought kratom might become illegal in Georgia. I did join the American Kratom Association and got an opportunity to speak in front of a Georgia legislative committee (along with many others). I believe this helped with it remaining legal in Georgia. But as a result of thinking it would become illegal so I bought a 5 kilo package so I am stuck with a large quantity of lower grade kratom, Oh well... at least I won't run out any time soon :-)

but anyway next go round will pay much closer attention quality.

Pat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Vanity33

More question from this Newbie... 1 month 3 days ago #50946

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8801
I snorted, too. While Nan70 posted good stuff, I still giggled up the nose! Haha
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

More question from this Newbie... 1 month 4 days ago #50930

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4089
oh nan,

you made me snort. reasonable and even tempered? hahahaha.... I know im a bit of a bitch at work. our 'new' exec chef hasn't even been with us for a year, im still learning how he wants stuff done. but I was honest with him on helping enforce good standards and not minding 'being the bad guy' most of the guys I work with are mid 20s at most so its you better listen to momma.. lol

I hope you and your husband are well in all this, and get back to work safely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

More question from this Newbie... 1 month 4 days ago #50928

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder

makes you more socially accepting

lol yes I have those strains too, I cannot imagine you ever needing the help though, everybody knows how even tempered and reasonable chefs are. I myself rarely need to take those strains

:blink: :ohmy: :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Vanity33

More question from this Newbie... 1 month 4 days ago #50926

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4089
hey z

I typically use a dose 2-3 g. but yes some less, some more. even goes with companies too. lets say with me its oties and lucky herbsls I take less. 1.7 on average and a couple companies I typically have to take closer to 3. but what else im taking, type, time of day, and pain level all add up to this.

I typically use most green/ red blend or white/ red blend for energy. I cant take just white mostly, I get a little too amped up. but COBs white Mahakam is a good example, for me, of a good by itself white. good energy boost, not too much, makes you more socially accepting, and helps with pain.

if I need more pain relief and im working I typically go for gold.. strain.. lol. it gives you subtle energy, mood boost, and pain relief. fused floras gold Kapuas is a good example. we had gotten it as a sample and said YES .. we have to get more of this next order. a few greens work this way for me too, like COB green Mahakam or lucky herbals green bali. most can typically take a 'daytime red' as well. red horn or red MD are good examples. COBs red MD is still on flash sale last I looked.

if im taking a strain just for pure pain relief and I don't care if it makes me sleepy, go for a big 'heady' red. bali, Sumatra, thai, hulu typically are great for pain and relaxation. to me. for me re-leaf llc their nighty night strains knock me out. their green pillow ( strange I know ), sleep buddy, super red re-mix, or anything that implies sleep typically works pretty quick. their instant kava has me looking/ acting/ talking almost drunk if I even try to stay up past 45 min,.it works for me every time when I need it, no reverse tolerance issues. that's all I can think of at the moment lol.

yes, please, don't be afraid to ask!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Vanity33

More question from this Newbie... 1 month 4 days ago #50920

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
Pain relief here. My history- I had 2 back surgeries and as a result I have been pain managing spinal arthritis for quite a while. Not wanting to take prescription medications I opted for spinal cortisone injections. I mention this because my history of using opioid pain medicines is very little and this is a possible influence on how much kratom you might need to take to achieve pain relief. I started with Red Strains and felt 2.0 grams made sense and it worked. I have since adjusted that to 2.4 grams for Red Strains I found small incremental increases is all I needed to manage pain. I have taken this dose for 2 1/2 years and it does an excellent job for pain management. I rotate the Red Strains daily and take with turmeric and black pepper(helps absorption). Greens strains I had to find which worked for pain best and once i had my right strains I only need 1.7 grams for green strains. I feel I am on the lower dose side and I had very little history of taking opioids they never really worked for me, the oxy type meds never restored my function or quality of life like I have with kratom.

I hope this answers your question you seek. 2.4 Red/ 1.7 green of kratom for the last 2 1/2 years.
Quality of kratom is also a factor- BtW- I use a scale to weigh each dose I take.

Please ask any question you need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Babel-17, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Vanity33

More question from this Newbie... 1 month 4 days ago #50918

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2212
A large percentage of threads regarding this at places like Reddit, and elsewhere, are in regards people trying to kick opioids. So that's one thing.

Another large number of threads are devoted to people with serious as all get out chronic pain, that they may or not have been treating with opioids, and may or may not be habituated, or addicted, to them as a result. Similar in some ways to the above, but distinct.

Then there are those who are dealing mostly with issues of mental state, or a physical malaise. They often get lumped together though they can be seen as distinct. But I'll just refer to them as another group, one distinct from the other two above.

There are also people who can be seen as having some, or all, of the issues of the above three groups, but to a lesser degree.

And lately we hear about an ever growing group, one of people who got into Kratom basically for recreational purposes, or in the manner of someone looking for something to take with, or a substitute for, their Red Bull, or Monster Energy, drinks.

Coincidentally, I was viewing the new threads here prior to posting a review of an upcoming Kratom product from In Sense/Gold Leaf Botanicals, one which has an extract of Mitragynine added to it. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitragynine

Unlike common Kratom extracts, it has no 7-Hydroxymitragynine. "Our extracts do NOT raise the % of 7-Hydroxymitragynine. They only raise Mitragynine %" I mention this because Mitragynine is relevant to the energetic effect that can be gained from using Kratom, while 7-Hydroxymitragynine is responsible for most, though not all, of the pain relief (and thus possibly some of any euphoria as well) from Kratom. So when talking about what "strains" of Kratom I use for their energizing effects, I'll be referring to ones where their 7-Hydroxymitragynine content is largely irrelevant, but their other alkaloids, including Mitragynine, are important.

But imo 7-Hydroxymitragynine isn't totally irrelevant to feeling a boost of energy from a serving of Kratom. Chronic pain can wear us out and make us tired, and it can also lead to a depressed mood, as well as limit our range of motion, and mobility. So at the end of the day there is likely to be a lot of variance in what variety of Kratom is going to provide what different people are looking for in order to get up and around.

Those other alkaloids in Kratom can really complicate things further, though imo not to as great a deal. But I was reading about the somewhat rarer one that is included in some Riau/Sumatra strains, and since some feel it can help with anxiety, it could also help in getting things done.

Yadda, yadda, yadda, I really like Hulu strains, Super Green Malay, Riau/Sumatra strains, and most anything White or Yellow for feeling some get up and go. One size doesn't fit all, so I can't swear that any one of those would be my choice on a random day if all I knew was that I'd need something energetic.

For pain relief I don't rely only on Kratom. Incarvillea Sinensis helps, as do a few other things. But 750 mg. of something "really red" is what I'd take for being achy. I feel like Kratom has a good balance of alkaloids, and I don't want to rely on it for alleviating all of my typical discomfort. I'd rather use it as part of a regimen for dealing with a flare of pain. Other people will have other needs, naturally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70, michele373, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Vanity33

More question from this Newbie... 1 month 4 days ago #50912

• Vanity33
  • Vanity33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
I have a question for all of you that have been using this plant for a while. I am quite aware that the dose/strain can be quite different for each person but I would like to know what do you use (on average) for let say pain relief how much and how often, what strain and the same question but applied to energy- how much, how often. what strain?

I ask this because I read a lot of information online, from sellers and from random sites along with books I have ordered. I see some who suggest starting out with 1/2g and moving up, other sites say to start with 3-to 5g at the beginning and the extreme suggestion of 10-12g which seems insane. Again, just trying to get an idea from those I have learned to trust.
Thanks,
Z
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Babel-17, INSENSE3, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds