Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

Best for chronic pain? 1 month 3 weeks ago #51059

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8890
Hi Vanity33! Your questions have already covered a “tutorial”. And a lot of us have a good 5 or more years in now, so we are all “experts” now! LOL LOL Like a dietary recommendation, some of us think you should do it like this (because everyone should do it like I do), while others think you should do it like that (because everyone should do it like I do) and etc.
The basics have been covered pretty well, since so much is left to subjective interpretation. But there are some awesome BLOGS on this website and on multiple vendor websites that are useful for review.
Your brother sounds like a very STRONG PERSON! I really admire him and appreciate your sharing what he’s been through. I’m hoping you’ll have some feedback for us soon!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best for chronic pain? 1 month 3 weeks ago #51056

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3949
Hey Vanity thanks for the update, We really hope kratom works well for him, has to try to find out. He might have to adjust dosage too but you and him sound like you are on top of this and have a plan. If not ask any question you need

Best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Best for chronic pain? 1 month 3 weeks ago #51055

• Vanity33
  • Vanity33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
Hi everyone, I get so lost in forums which it takes me forever to get back in and figure out where I was. Any who, as far as my brother goes I sent him some of the reds I had that didnt work for me in hopes it would help him. He just started and said it is helping a little from the one I purchased from C.O.B.
My brother has lived with pain most of his life but now that he is older and lost his ability to stand up/walk the pain is so much worse and I dont think he takes anything other than over the counter pain reliever. His muscles have completely atrophied so for him to even try to use them screams pain and then he cant move his lower body at all. His pain is always present but it is worse at night and he has a hard time sleeping so I pray this gives him some relief. To this day he really is a medical mystery and he has seen so many doctors and has been to Vanerbilt but still no answers.
Michele brought up one vendor I will try since they have that "pick for me" option. I think that will be best and it sounds hopeful.

Does this forum have a tutorial...lol
Thanks. Z
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Best for chronic pain? 1 month 4 weeks ago #51019

• jayisk
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 625

Littlebear3 wrote:
" I could say I am addicted to Zoloft, because I can't just quit taking it."

Wouldn't say you are addicted to Zoloft. Pysch drugs cause withdrawal symptoms. That is why they tell people to never just stop taking their meds. And to wean off them. Which can be very difficult.
Psychiatrists also pressure patients into feeling as if they need to stay on these drugs long term. Thing about if a psychiatrist doesn't have you on meds then he no longer has a patient. After all they are not counselors they are drug pushers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Best for chronic pain? 1 month 4 weeks ago #51018

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 458
I started Kratom because I have a back injury. On top of that I have anxiety and depression. Initially I was learning about Kratom from the forum on Reddit, but that forum attracts all kinds, some are not very helpful.
This forum is completely different and everyone has their reasons for kratom. Many of us found it because of pain. My miracle was with the Dark Red meng Da from InSense. I almost never need anything else to control pain.

I rotate a bit now that pain is under control. Lately I have been using greens because it sure helps lift my mood. These days just watching the news triggers depression, so I am grateful for Kratom.

Get your brother a good quality red to start. You can get sample packs from some vendors so he can see what works for him.

I was taking 200 mg of Zoloft a day, and I am down to 100. I'm hoping to quit Zoloft completely, but I don't want to rock my emotional boat right now.

I am sure he might have questions about the addiction issue. I sure did. However, I have come to the conclusion that Kratom is like any medication. I could say I am addicted to Zoloft, because I can't just quit taking it. On bad days, I take a little Kratom in the afternoon when i need an emotional boost. I struggled with that, but I have finally come to terms with taking Kratom when I need it. My regular morning dose is 2 to 3 grams. An extra two grams in the afternoon is no big deal. I have gone a couple days without Kratom and didn't really notice anything like withdrawal. So I am not going to stress about that.

There are people who take much more Kratom than I do and they are doing just fine. The people that seem to get into trouble are those seeking to get high. When I see them posting their concerns they are usually up over 10 grams at a time or more. I can't quite imagine using that much. But there are also people with chronic pain that maintain at that dose and seem to be fine.

There's a bunch of youtube videos. Take them all with a grain of salt. All of this stuff is individual and I think Kratom users are a really mixed bag. I am thankful for Kratom every day.

In the unlikely event this ever becomes illegal, I have an Armageddon stash. It is really quite inexpensive when you consider all the benefits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Best for chronic pain? 2 months 10 hours ago #51008

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8890
Hey Vanity33, seems you have heard from everyone between a couple of posts. Nan70 hit on a nerve - I am also curious about how your brother has been coping thus far.

How are your crash test dummy experiments going? I’ve hit some mighty rough road, but it helps to have all of these wonderful people that really care! We all do! I think chronic pain people have survived a LOT and have more of a healthy understanding mixed in with true empathy for others.

So sorry to hear about the ongoing ringing, Nan70. Speaking of ringing, My mom has a landline still. She keeps it because “I’ve had it for 50 years! Anyone can easily find me with that same number”. That dang phone starts ringing every day at 0800 and on and off throughout the day. Mom uses a magnifying glass to read the caller ID and it’s very rarely someone she will talk to! I mentioned this to give you guys a laugh because I want to throw that MF phone out the window! And so does she! It’s insane! Why have a phone when you don’t want anyone to call (mom and I both suffer with anti voice phone, lol)?
This is repeated DAY AFTER DAY Reminds me of that nagging ring except not. No relation, really, except they’re both annoying and continuous.
And now Robie is having it! I wonder if Don Tiggermanscrat has these with his headaches? Vanity33 probably thinks I’m a stalker since I’m butting in over at AKACHAT, too, lol!
Have a better day!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Vanity33

Best for chronic pain? 2 months 22 hours ago #51003

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi vanity hope you are still around and will consider selecting a vendor for quality kratom. I wanted to address also- have the doctors left your brother without proper treatment for the pain? I hope he is not the victim of the cruelty of forced tapers and refusal to prescribe pain relief medications. This forum guides people with the many uses of kratom , we are supportive of the management of pain but we have little control on how to make the medical establish less cowardly bastards, just wanted you to know if this is the case my heart goes out to your brother and hope they didn't take his medication away.

Hi Robie, ***here is me running at you with a big virtual hug*** how the hell have you been?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Robie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Best for chronic pain? 2 months 1 day ago #51002

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1516
Robbie!!! My big bro !! So good to hear form you ! I’m running out the door but just had to respond and tell you we missed you dearly as well, I’ll write a note thorough post later , sorry to hear about your extreme tinnitus, gosh, that’s no bueno bro.... look forward to catching up my good friend ! The community hasn’t been the same without you !!

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Robie, Babel-17

Best for chronic pain? 2 months 1 day ago #51000

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1392
Buenos días a todos mis amigos aquí en el ILK! Ustedes, señoras, se ven tan bonitas como siempre. Y mis caballeros amigos? Muy guapo. Muy levántate y noble. Hello to all. I hope everyone is well? Hello Morning GLaurieous, Nancy, Petunia, Babel, Don and last but not least: Mi hermanito de la ciudad costera de Santa Cruz. Brandon! Future Kratom magnate and all around gentleman.

Hello and nice to meet you Vanity. I live with chronic pain. I find mixing a good green and red, 50/50, really helps my pain and general ability to do anything. I hope you can find the right combo and rotate between 6 strains that help best.

Sweet Nancy. I am suffering from the malady that you are. After Covid I developed a horrible cacophony of ear noise rendering me 98% deaf. Please know you do not walk alone in this. I'm hoping the chronic fatigue and issues with the deafening tinnitus will pass in time. I am finally close to my confuser after a few weeks of forced madness selling my house. Everything is so physically and spiritually constipated from the Covid hangover. I need to check my interweb e mail and say hello to a dear friend!

I hope you all are safe and sound and as happy as can be! Los he echado de menos a todos, pero os he mantenido cerca en mis pensamientos y oraciones. I'll be here at the Rancho de Robie for the next few days and I hope to see all your happy faces and wonderful oratories again. And soonly!

In all things be blessed my dear friends. I have missed you all,

Robie

Best for chronic pain? 2 months 2 days ago #50996

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
Babel -Yep to Ginko. I like that its very mild but I still feel the benefits I continue to take it for mental well being. And yes my left ear still rings like a buzz saw.
Currently super B complex which is great for energy and metabolism. Ginko, Citrus Bioflavonoids, D-3, and occasionally Rhodiola not very mild but when you need it its great. I do tons of research before I decide on the next so I am pretty restrained before jumping down that rabbit hole.
I tried sound therapy for a few months, listening to frequencies, beeps, and running water, some very relaxing but still have ear ringing.
Thank you for the link I am going to look into what might be the next best try.

Vanity- I wanted to also mention Corydalis for pain relief www.verywellhealth.com/corydalis-benefits-4589168
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Robie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds