Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC:

Best for chronic pain? 4 months 2 weeks ago #50995

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2538

Nan70 wrote: Hi V,
I hope kratom can help your brother. We will guide you the best we can. I struggle with spinal arthritis so pain managing for me falls heavily on managing inflammation, not very easy because I was needing cortisone injections before. Kratom works on many different types of pain, I find it a superior anti inflammatory but I also bundle kratom, with other anti inflammatory botaniclas like turmeric, ginger, and an aggressive anti inflammatory diet.
Most find Red Strain work best on pain. But I also use Greens. Greens I really need to find certain ones that will manage pain well, some work better than others.
For example Green Borneo (Pa Botanicals) is excellent and Green Hulu (In Sense Botanicals) are the strongest for me.
Most Reds I take manage my pain but I use them at night. Recently Red Fibro blend (Pa Botanicals) I used for an increased flare of pain and it worked extremely well.
Look into Re-leaf like Michele suggested they cannot give medical advice but they offer a section to explain what you need the kratom for. And Rob at In Sense and the staff you can call them and they can help but without suggesting medical advice.

Babel- very interesting about Benfotiamine.( I have been taking a super b-complex recently.) I wonder it that could possible help with my tinnitus, I have tried everything else and the kitchen sink.

www.ecosia.org/search?q=nootropics%20for%20tinnitus

I've used some of the exotic ones, like Vinpocitene, but not for tinnitus. Let me know if you have any questions, or are thinking of buying some. It can be like going down a rabbit hole though, lol, one needs restraint when shopping in that category. Gotta keep it simple, and just use a rotation if you have a large assortment of them.

You might already have taken Ginkgo, can I figure that it wasn't a cure?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Nan70, michele373, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best for chronic pain? 4 months 2 weeks ago #50994

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4051
Hi V,
I hope kratom can help your brother. We will guide you the best we can. I struggle with spinal arthritis so pain managing for me falls heavily on managing inflammation, not very easy because I was needing cortisone injections before. Kratom works on many different types of pain, I find it a superior anti inflammatory but I also bundle kratom, with other anti inflammatory botaniclas like turmeric, ginger, and an aggressive anti inflammatory diet.
Most find Red Strain work best on pain. But I also use Greens. Greens I really need to find certain ones that will manage pain well, some work better than others.
For example Green Borneo (Pa Botanicals) is excellent and Green Hulu (In Sense Botanicals) are the strongest for me.
Most Reds I take manage my pain but I use them at night. Recently Red Fibro blend (Pa Botanicals) I used for an increased flare of pain and it worked extremely well.
Look into Re-leaf like Michele suggested they cannot give medical advice but they offer a section to explain what you need the kratom for. And Rob at In Sense and the staff you can call them and they can help but without suggesting medical advice.

Babel- very interesting about Benfotiamine.( I have been taking a super b-complex recently.) I wonder it that could possible help with my tinnitus, I have tried everything else and the kitchen sink.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, michele373, Robie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Best for chronic pain? 4 months 2 weeks ago #50985

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2538
So sorry to hear about your brother's struggle. Is it nerve related? Maybe grab some Incarvillea Sinensis to go with any Kratom he might try. That could provide synergy for pain relief while keeping his tolerance to a very manageable level.

If it's nerve related, I keep reading good things about Benfotiamine, a highly absorbable version of Thiamine. I've used it in the past as I was trying to ward off Morton’s Neuroma. I just started taking another new version of Thiamine supplementation (Sublutiamine), though it works in the brain, so the other form which also works on nerve damage typical of diabetes was fresh in my mind. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benfotiamine

Some reviews at Amazon are suggestive, though given the placebo nature of pain relievers, huge grains of salt should be applied. ;)

www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Benfotiamine-Vegetar...psules/dp/B000OSIO9W

Bulk Supplement sells it as well, if it's found to be useful they might be worth looking at.

It's a crazy long-shot mentioning it, as I'm 99% sure you're brother has something this doesn't apply to, but what the heck, it took just a minute or two to add the info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Robie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Best for chronic pain? 4 months 2 weeks ago #50982

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4421
hey vanity!

yes im sorry to hear. that sounds very painful. I typically go to reds and sometimes golds for pain. to me bali, Sumatra, hulu, thai, borneo

I know re-leaf can be a bit confusing but they have a new site. you can do an economy 'pick for me' and write in the notes that you only want strains for good pain relief. after work their artur itis always works for me. just if you do go that route make sure you keep track what strain #s work the best.

my code for an extra 10% off is GRYVOIQUU8 they are one of the more pricy leafs for me, but to me quality makes it well worth it. I get subscription service, well worth it too. they always send an extra bag.

im sure in the meantime you are sharing, been there done that! I just don't recommend dabbling in extracts or enhanced yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Robie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Vanity33

Best for chronic pain? 4 months 2 weeks ago #50978

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1994
Hi V,
For me I often go with green varieties, some red as well and also gold… Sometimes I mix the reds with the greens and add some gold in the mix… Varieties are kind of tricky to recommend because every batch is different and people respond differently to the same batch, but generally speaking for me I often go with green varieties, some red as well and also gold… Sometimes I mix the reds with the greens and add some gold in the mix… Varieties are kind of tricky to recommend because every batch is different and people respond differently to the same batch, but generally speaking maeng da’s tens to be pretty potent and give good pain relief as well as mood lift and energy, red Bali and red Borneo also tend to be very good for pain relieving effects, I’ll brainstorm and get back to this post in a second I’m in the middle of a job but I just wanted to throw that out there as something to look into on the immediate… Sorry to hear about your brother, I hope he can get some good relief from Kratom, you’re a good sis!
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Robie, Vanity33

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Best for chronic pain? 4 months 2 weeks ago #50977

• Vanity33
  • Vanity33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
Hey guys, I do not know every ones story but from what I can tell a large majority have severe pain issues so I wanted to ask what has worked best for you in terms of very real severe pain. I am asking because my brother was born with a very rare condition and he is in constant pain. He has now lost his ability to walk. For him to Just to try and use his leg muscles is pure torture for him and I asked him if he ever tried Kratom and he said he bought some at a little shop in TN and it seemed to help but I think it was more of the gas station head shop variety so I thought I would ask all of you the best experience you have with severe pain. I hate seeing him suffer but as he gets older it gets worse. Thanks for any advice you have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, michele373, Robie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, goshawk

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds