Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
This section is for Forum and Kratom industry news and announcements.

TOPIC:

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 3 months ago #4333

• klato
  • Expert Boarder
  • Kratom Journalist
  • Thank you received: 39
Sickeningly stupid...
My Comprehensive Kratom Review Site: www.secretgardenguide.com

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/secretgardenguide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 3 months ago #4332

• maengdamania
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Kratom Lover
  • Thank you received: 2
luvkratom.com/kratom-suicide/

Very similar to this story. Kid was on handfuls of anti depressants but the mother still managed to blame it on the Kratom. I don't know how people can be so ignorant to stuff they know nothing about. It makes absolutely no sense.

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 3 months ago #4278

• klato
  • Expert Boarder
  • Kratom Journalist
This type of media hype is what is going to perpetuate the propaganda against Kratom. It's a real shame, I certainly hope you're right that we'll win in the end Paul. I feel the same way... anyone who knows anything about Kratom should know how harmless it is compared to...well, anything. Habitually consuming Big Mac's is easily worse for you than using Kratom as a supplement.

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 3 months ago #4216

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1147
Thank you, Laurie! And I'll thank you for Susan and the rest of our crew. I feel we'll win. The FDA and DEA knows this isn't a dangerous herb. We just need to work out some details with how it fit into their tight little regulation scheme.

Stay tuned ;)
;)

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 3 months ago #4215

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9077
All of us appreciate your hard work and diligent dedication to the cause - freedom of speech, freedom of access to valid information, resources galore.
Thank you, Paul Kemp, Susan Ash, AND the wonderful people running ilovekratom dot com and the American Kratom Association (aka as the AKA) <grins> I'll hope and pray and support the cause $$$ and by following your lead to a better future !!
Laurie

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 3 months ago #4214

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1147
Yes, these moms are grasping at straws to find something to blame for their child's inability to cope with the problems of life. The last mom whose son dove off an overpass in Florida is a surgical nurse, so it couldn't have been the two antidepressants with suicide warnings on them, so it had to be blamed on kratom. There were some other embarassing personal disclosures she didn't want to go on record -- and she might have been blackballed if she blame nice, safe pharmaceutical antidepressants, so she started a campaign and tried to get the herb banned in Fla. The American Kratom Association got them to drop it, pending more research.

This case in Georgia we don't have much info about. Still no toxicology report has been completed. Ironically, the two mothers know each other thru an online Alanon group -- and I suspect they are sharing tips on how to be more effective this next time, when the Georgia case comes up.

I like your point about Milk, which has also been blamed in the past as the "ultimate Gateway Drug", because every heroin addict got started on it.

I believe we can, in the long run, beat all of these state-by-state cases, where the same hyperventilating newscasters are stirring up a witches brew of accusations that they have concted based on DEA talking points. Just tonight a terrible story appeared in the home town of my associate, Susan Ash, and she has won an opportunity to be part of a follow-up article. This is in Virginia. So, we'll be putting out these fires around the country for a year or more, to keep this amazing medicinal herb legal. (No suicide this time, which is good.)
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 3 months ago #4199

• klato
  • Expert Boarder
  • Kratom Journalist
I am epileptic and have never had any issues with Kratom historically. Wellbutrin does in fact decrease the seizure threshold. Everyone reacts to pharmaceuticals different, especially anti-depressants. Wellbutrin worked out well for me until my neurologist suggested I switch to Prozac, which to honest it's hard to tell as much a difference. Wellbutrin has attributes similar to that of amphetamine.

To blame a suicide on Kratom is absolutely absurd. Does this mean if someone drinks a glass of milk before committing the act that milk is to blame? Kratom is also a very mild drug, it does not (or at least not for me) get you "high" but merely enhances state of mind and eases physical pain (i.e. headaches). I know a lot of people who have successfully quit opiates without as much sickness, some that have kicked heavy alcohol use as well.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ILOVEK2

Last edit: by klato.

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3674

• kimilians
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
He said he took his life because of drug addiction and his Mother said he was taking Kratom I wonder if he might have been taking the kratom to help with drug withdrawal That's the reason I started experimenting with Kratom to help with withdrawals from other medications and for chronic pain Many people use this wonderful plant to break the addiction from dangerous street drugs and strong prescription medication Im still experimenting with different strains and doses and hope that Kratom will help me in becoming drug free.

Cheers
KM

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3671

• Pharmacy Dropout
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 461
Wellbutrin has changed my life, but only so much.

Wellbutrin is a god send for me.
I own and operate www.pharmacy-dropout.com We have the United States leading supply of bulk and retail Thunder God Vine. We also have Kratom, and other exotic botanicals. All of our Products are sold with no intent on use, and are not sold for consumption.

Last edit: by Pharmacy Dropout.

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3667

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9077
Thanks SleepySal so much for posting that link. Very useful reading! I have it bookmarked for the morning :-)
(Hard day today - mostly good, tho - left me wiped out. Can't wait to wake up and read that link!)
Much appreciated! Laurie
Laurie

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds