Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
This section is for Forum and Kratom industry news and announcements.

TOPIC:

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3449

• Douglas168
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
I have read the previous posts and the article about the Florida teenager committing suicide. It is very sad that this did in fact occur. I would have to agree wholeheartedly with Paul Kemp's assertion regarding a complete toxicology report to get "the full" story. A mother who lost her son may want to place blame on something or someone. Objectivity would dictate looking at a previously undiagnosed psychological disorder, which the DSM-5, which came out in 2013,would address with, of course, either a licensed clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist interpreting the individual. My feeling is that kratom had nothing to do with the suicide. I could see a central nervous system depressant, like alcohol, being responsible, along with a genetic predisposition for depression factored into this complex mental equation. My 2-cents.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3347

• Pharmacy Dropout
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 461
I think some of the suicidal idiataion comes from the forgetfulness of the depression, and this leads to people not taking every single dose as they should. This can lead to a worse chemical imbalance. I've seen this first hand.

It makes perfect sense really...

I am on anti-depressants, and they work too, fairly well. It took over a decade to find one, but it helps some. With all of the nasty side-effects I've experienced from the many anti-depressants I've tried (all failed miserably, and made things worse), I am 100% certain that suicidal thoughts would be a side effect for some people.

A common theory in medicine is that everyone responds to drugs differently, with that in mind, please also note that depressed brains work differently than those who are healthier and not suffering from depression. I think it makes sense to conclude that someone could become more suicidal than before taking an anti-depressant, and if they were not suicidal before, I could see how the logical conclusion would be that it would make some suicidal.

I believe in the power of anti-depressants. I also believe they can help some, while damaging others.

My anti-depressant comes with a warning, it's kind of hidden and not clearly labeled, or clearly worded but it is present.

None of this is medical advice, please don't misconstrue my words. These are only my thoughts and opinions. Do not take them into consideration if you're taking anti-depressants. Speak with your doctor.
I own and operate www.pharmacy-dropout.com We have the United States leading supply of bulk and retail Thunder God Vine. We also have Kratom, and other exotic botanicals. All of our Products are sold with no intent on use, and are not sold for consumption.

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3335

• Rose76
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 69
My heart goes out to the family but since it has happened I have seen 3 different news stories about this.. It is a shame they are using this as a witch hunt against kratom. His suicide note said he was on drugs and battling with addiction? I feel for that but I think there is as huge piece of this puzzle that is missing. Instead of seeing mental health help he looked into other things.

I take medication and see a therapist for these issues and turned to kratom to help with pain and not for those issues. It has helped me because I feel more relaxed overall and this is just me. I feel selfish writing this.

If things spiraled more out of control for me I would seek more help. It is sad that a life is lost and it is being blamed on kratom. There needs to be more positive press about kratom I think we can all agree on that. Again, I feel selfish. I also agree that all those meds come with that warning. If anything, this is a story about serious depression, suicide and a person not getting proper help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: waybigger

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3329

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1147
In observing the kratom community for two or three years, I have heard the comment over-and-over, "I never had suicidal thoughts until they put me on (fill in the blank)."

And, with as much influence as the pharmaceutical companies have over the FDA, I don't think they would stand for those Black Box warnings about suicide risk if there wasn't a lot of evidence to back them up.

Granted that some people do seem to get some benefit from antidepressants, but I have met many who didn't -- and if they hadn't found kratom, they might have done something drastic to end their pain.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: waybigger

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3328

• Ok1234
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Yep I agree. We might differ slightly on one thing. I'm not convinced that antidepressants cause these thoughts either. People who take these medicines are already depressed which is why they're seeking medicine to begin with. Just my opinion.

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3320

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1147
I've heard your words echoed so many times from so many people. Antidepressants have also caused a lot of suicidal thoughts, but it seems to be a forbidden topic except on NaturalNews and some other alternative truth-speaking media.

It really is sad that the masses are so functionally depressed/repressed that their automatic reaction is to fear the Natural medicines, like kratom. Evidence all around us shows that the synthetic chemicals we now call medicines aren't working well at all.

Thanks for your comment. Keep spreading the truth to those who will listen and we will win.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ok1234

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3319

• Ok1234
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Poor kid almost certainly had other issues. Mental health issues are seldom clear as the brain is quite complex. However, people try to reach simplistic conclusions for a variety reasons. For example, media want a story, pharmaceutical companies want to eliminate competition, grieving parents want answers. Let's hope people are getting smarter and not dumber now that it's 2015. I think kratom can and should be studied objectively as an herbal medicine to see if there are smart ways to regulate it. But a serious and objective process is needed. This is a lot to ask for in our democracy with politicians constantly jockeying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3317

• cybin_spores
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom is my friend.
  • Thank you received: 507
I've been taking Kratom for more than five years now. The only time I had suicidal thoughts was when I was doing Pain pills everyday before I started kratom therapy. Kratom has saved my life, not made me want to take it. It's sad people are trying to blame a leaf for this.
~Jason
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, BarleyJonathan, GwenLee

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3303

• BarleyJonathan
  • BarleyJonathan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
It is definitely a ridiculous claim, with more going on than what is being said. I will be keeping up with what the AKA is posting more regularly now that you mention them. I just recently found out about them through some google searches. Kudos to you guys and what you do at the AKA and thanks for the replies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Juscaws

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 5 months ago #3274

• Pharmacy Dropout
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 461
Barley, thank you for doing your part and helping the Kratom community by informing everyone.
I own and operate www.pharmacy-dropout.com We have the United States leading supply of bulk and retail Thunder God Vine. We also have Kratom, and other exotic botanicals. All of our Products are sold with no intent on use, and are not sold for consumption.

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds