Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
This section is for Forum and Kratom industry news and announcements.

TOPIC:

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3262

• TopExtracts
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 276
This report angered me. The reporter wrote such a twisted article. It's sad that a life was lost but I'm with Paul a toxicology report is needed before you burn down kratom as the source.
Always providing the best products at great prices. TopExtracts.com

New customers use code Welcome Friends and receive 15% off your first order!

Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, waybigger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3260

• waybigger
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29

kemppaulh@yahoo.com wrote: Yes, we have trouble brewing in the Peach State. There are so many questions raised by the story of John Eden's suicide. Where is the toxicology report? What other drugs were in his system? Was the kratom laced with some synthetic chemicals? We know he was on -- and having a hard time quitting phenibut -- and distraught about this.

The media aren't providing the answers for intelligent people to come to a sound conclusion, so why bring it up? We, at the American Kratom Association, discussed it openly and thoroughly as soon as the story broke (3 weeks after his death). Anyone who is concerned about keeping kratom legal, the AKA is a good group to join and get plugged in to the planning for campaigns to keep your state legal.

I often do a blog update on what's going on in the legal situation, wherever the action currently is. When we know more about the Eden case and where the Georgia legislature wants to go on this matter, I'll probably write about it, either here at ILoveKratom.com or at the AmericanKratomAssociation.org.

Just read this article, much of what is wrote in the article is plain ridiculous from Yahoo.

First, let's point out that they routinely refer to Kratom, as an "Drug", which we all know is an incorrect labeling of an natural plant. Let's not throw phenibut under the bus neither, it has medical purpose when used properly.

Here is the most damning statement who is read by the mother of this 22 year old kid.

---shared her son’s suicide note during an interview with WSBTV. “‘Mom and Dad, I loved you very much,’” she read. “‘Please know there was nothing you could do. I tried everything. I’ve ruined myself with drugs.”---

OK, timeout.. His own Mother and his own words just admitted he an substance abuse problem! Paul, I believe you nailed it with your question... Where are the toxicology reports!???

While suicide is very sad and troubling topic, We are talking about a 22year old kid who was in the Navy Intelligence Program (something that many young people are unable to succeed in), and whom also had a problem with drug addiction, by his own words.

Very Frustrating to read, as an substance abuse counselor myself...I believe the Mother is trying to cover up her son's addiction to other and more powerful drugs!

May God give this family peace without having to find someone to blame.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Juscaws

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3258

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1147
Yes, we have trouble brewing in the Peach State. There are so many questions raised by the story of John Eden's suicide. Where is the toxicology report? What other drugs were in his system? Was the kratom laced with some synthetic chemicals? We know he was on -- and having a hard time quitting phenibut -- and distraught about this.

The media aren't providing the answers for intelligent people to come to a sound conclusion, so why bring it up? We, at the American Kratom Association, discussed it openly and thoroughly as soon as the story broke (3 weeks after his death). Anyone who is concerned about keeping kratom legal, the AKA is a good group to join and get plugged in to the planning for campaigns to keep your state legal.

I often do a blog update on what's going on in the legal situation, wherever the action currently is. When we know more about the Eden case and where the Georgia legislature wants to go on this matter, I'll probably write about it, either here at ILoveKratom.com or at the AmericanKratomAssociation.org.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KratomKarma, BarleyJonathan

Kratom blamed for suicide? 5 years 4 months ago #3250

• BarleyJonathan
  • BarleyJonathan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Hey everyone,

I don't know if it's been posted about already but I didn't see anything from a quick scan through recent posts. I read today that a college student from Georgia (John Eden) took his life recently, and Kratom is going to be taking the blame yet again. I'd imagine that illegalization in GA is going to be a hot topic here real soon. I'm just attempting to let everyone know so you're prepared. I've seen we've got some unofficial spokespeople for Kratom on here from the posts about other events like this, so I figured you all would like to know.

You can read about it here: www.yahoo.com/parenting/whats-kratom-parents-speak...es-119458538452.html

Or just a search of "John Eden Kratom" on Google will bring up a few more articles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Pharmacy Dropout, waybigger

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds