Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
This section is for Forum and Kratom industry news and announcements.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Are Kava and Kratom Teas Dangerous? A Doctor Weighs In 5 years 1 month ago #4766

• TheGiggleBox
  • TheGiggleBox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

cybin_spores wrote: I watched that episode with my wife, Dr. Phil had this "expert" Doctor on, and of course he demonized both kava and kratom. He gave this huge list of all the dangers of kratom. All the usual: hallucinations, delusions, insomnia, respiratory depression, psychosis, hostility, aggression, tremors, mood swings. I've never had any of these symptoms, as I've been using kratom for quite a while. To me those are symptoms of Prescription pain pills. The Doctor they had on probably prescribes thousands of horrible pills to his patients and feels the need to demonize kratom even though he has never tried it or probably knows nothing about the plant other than what he read somewhere. It really pissed me off when I watched it. It was really stupid. It's kind of like reefer madness for kratom.

Pharmaceutical companies trying to demonize this beautiful herb! I agree with you completely. :-bd

ChromeDreams wrote: I can't stand that know-it-all Dr. Phil, so I won't even watch this BS! I will, however, go over to his site and leave a message in support of Kratom. It pisses me off that they don't have someone on as a counterpoint to this supposedly "expert" doctor. Ridiculous!

It was pretty hard to sit through, I couldn't watch the whole thing. I only watched the highlights they posted online and that was more than enough. :sick:

Thank you for showing support though! So many people watch Dr. Phil and I'm scared this putting a huge negative look on Kratom. I had to sit down and try to explain to my girlfriend what Kratom actually is and how beneficial it is to the human race. I'm even showing her everyone's replies so she doesn't think I'm crazy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Are Kava and Kratom Teas Dangerous? A Doctor Weighs In 5 years 1 month ago #4764

• ChromeDreams
  • Gold Boarder
  • F-THISBS
  • Thank you received: 111
I can't stand that know-it-all Dr. Phil, so I won't even watch this BS! I will, however, go over to his site and leave a message in support of Kratom. It pisses me off that they don't have someone on as a counterpoint to this supposedly "expert" doctor. Ridiculous!
WHEN MANY OFFER GREAT ADVICE IN A TIMELY FASHION IT MAKES FOR A GREAT COMMUNITY. WHEN IT BECOMES ABOUT A FEW WHO LIKE TO HEAR THEMSELVES TALK AND DROWN OUT EVERYONE ELSE IT'S LIKE A RADIO SHOW: ILK PRESENTS THE "MAD MAX NEVER SHUTS UP SHOW" SPONSORED BY VENDORS HERE WHO ALSO HAPPEN TO OWN THE FORUM
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheGiggleBox

Are Kava and Kratom Teas Dangerous? A Doctor Weighs In 5 years 1 month ago #4762

• cybin_spores
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom is my friend.
  • Thank you received: 507
I watched that episode with my wife, Dr. Phil had this "expert" Doctor on, and of course he demonized both kava and kratom. He gave this huge list of all the dangers of kratom. All the usual: hallucinations, delusions, insomnia, respiratory depression, psychosis, hostility, aggression, tremors, mood swings. I've never had any of these symptoms, as I've been using kratom for quite a while. To me those are symptoms of Prescription pain pills. The Doctor they had on probably prescribes thousands of horrible pills to his patients and feels the need to demonize kratom even though he has never tried it or probably knows nothing about the plant other than what he read somewhere. It really pissed me off when I watched it. It was really stupid. It's kind of like reefer madness for kratom.
~Jason

Are Kava and Kratom Teas Dangerous? A Doctor Weighs In 5 years 1 month ago #4761

• TheGiggleBox
  • TheGiggleBox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
My girlfriend told me this morning, my "tea" was on Dr. Phil with some other weird tea she said. I naturally assumed it was Kava, because the media likes to kill two birds with one stone in their propaganda. :sick:

So I head on over to the video and site, and as thought. Nothing but negativity thrown towards this beautiful plant. They shouldn't even include Kava or Kratom in the video title, they ruined their own marriage. Not Kratom or Kava.

Video 1
Video 2

People are giving testimonies about how positive Kratom is in their life on the Dr. Phil message boards.
Message boards

Thought I share this with everyone! (L)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChromeDreams

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds