Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
This section is for Forum and Kratom industry news and announcements.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Interesting Kratom Research - No Longer Taking Donations, but Important 1 year 11 months ago #33026

• August Noon
  • August Noon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
Don’t get me wrong. The substance of the study is very important as well. For the reasons Douglass stated and maybe more. I hope it is a work in progress still.
#kratomlivesmatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Interesting Kratom Research - No Longer Taking Donations, but Important 1 year 11 months ago #33025

• August Noon
  • Gold Boarder
Funny how that works. I don’t recall how I got to the page. Random search and clicks about Kratom I guess. I’d be interested to know what Facebook page it’s on. I don’t have Facebook, but I’d love to get in touch with whoever put it together. And yeah, it’s an incomplete work. The most important thing is the idea of legal torrenting to keep the correct info about Kratom around. I’ve seen plenty of things that someone didn’t want us to see anymore go WAY down on the google search results or appear to get scrubbed altogether.

And yes, please. I’m glad you’re in charge of that stuff now. Part of the reason I’ve only been active during crucial times is all of the product plugging by vendors that’s are not approved to do that here. It seemed to mostly be going unchecked. There’s still some, but it’s better. The last thing we need here is un-vetted persons shamelessly plugging their product and some of it very much does not convey the image I think most of us want to see here. Hopefully we are on the same page there.

Best wishes,
August
#kratomlivesmatter

Interesting Kratom Research - No Longer Taking Donations, but Important 1 year 11 months ago #33024

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9077
Hi August,

Thanks so much! It’s handy for keeping spam out of our threads!

I read some follow-up stuff about that article on Facebook. Basically it was, “good effort but needs much more work to be of any help...”. It was explained in more detail there and I can’t recall how I found that info (which fb pages(s).

Still. Very cool. I’ll take GOOD EFFORT and add prayer.
Laurie

Interesting Kratom Research - No Longer Taking Donations, but Important 1 year 11 months ago #33017

• August Noon
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Douglass. You really put the purpose of this into perspective. I was half asleep and randomly stumbled across this and knew I had to share it here right away, but wasn’t able to put into words what needed to be said. I don’t know if you are able to see the timestamp, it was late and my brain was not firing on all cylinders.

Thanks again!

-August
#kratomlivesmatter

Interesting Kratom Research - No Longer Taking Donations, but Important 1 year 11 months ago #33016

• August Noon
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laurie! Good to hear from you again. Your an admin now?! That’s awesome.

If you look below, I think Douglass nailed it as far as the purpose. I would love to hear the thoughts of some of those here that are more knowledgeable about this sort of thing than I am.

If this is done correctly, and kept alive via legal torrents, as the site allows this, we can keep this info from disappearing from the search results and keep the real, positive info concerning this plant in the right hands.

Cheers,
August
#kratomlivesmatter

Interesting Kratom Research - No Longer Taking Donations, but Important 1 year 11 months ago #33013

• Douglas168
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Ok! I took a look at this, and it looks as if some of our molecular biologist kratom allies are getting the genetics out there in the public domain before corporations or governments can claim some sort of patent on this plant. Apparently this has already been done on specific cannabis varieties. It appears that although individuals or corporations cannot patent a whole plant or tree, it may be possible to patent certain subsets of plants or trees with some sort of unique characteristics. So this kratom genome project is trying to dna sequence kratom strains before big pharma can do so by getting it out in the public domain in a peer-reviewed manner that can be legally defended. It is very technical and scientific but I feel they are doing the RIGHT thing to keep our tree as free as possible!

Interesting Kratom Research - No Longer Taking Donations, but Important 1 year 11 months ago #32984

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9077
Welcome back, August!

No idea what that is. Looks promising...? How did you stumble upon this? Hopefully some of the molecular biologist members can tell us what this means... in layman terms...:silly:
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie.

Interesting Kratom Research - No Longer Taking Donations, but Important 1 year 11 months ago #32970

• August Noon
  • Gold Boarder
I stumbled across this link.

Please read and I’d love to know what people think. This may have some very important ideas and info, most importantly, a way to keep that info alive in the face of a ban of any sort.

It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen concerning Kratom.

I’m interested in people’s thoughts.

Sorry for my long absence.

Cheers,
August

kratomdna.org/
#kratomlivesmatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, PhillyCheeze, Ripley78

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds