Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
This section is for Forum and Kratom industry news and announcements.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Regarding ongoing legality: Good news, better news, best news (NYT article) 1 year 6 months ago #37175

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9045
I think we agree on the important message being FREEDOM OF CHOICE of course of treatment of our symptoms.

The opioid epidemic WAS ABSOLUTELY supported by our government and their pharmaceutical special interests, and friends of those industries, NOT PATIENT CARE. $$$

Obviously we have similar views and passion for those suffering NOW simply because people believe lies in the media.

Interesting how Narcan is EVERYWHERE now. Unfortunately it’s needed AND the same special interest groups are profiting by appearing to be saving lives by supplying low cost/free synthetic chemicals to lower the overdose numbers/minimize the blood on their hands.

You’re right about people resorting to addictive alternatives if kratom is not an option. What scares me is those addictive chemicals have all been evaporated, meaning the option to use adulterated street drugs will be the only other option :-O
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Laurie.

Regarding ongoing legality: Good news, better news, best news (NYT article) 1 year 6 months ago #37159

• Babel-17
  • Babel-17's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2511
OK, but if we look at the bigger picture then politician's do have responsibility for the level of abuse of pharmaceutical drugs. It's cause and effect. People didn't get addicted to Oxy in record numbers because politicians were keeping tabs on the regulators of the pharmaceutical industry. And when people have success with their addictions while in programs that the government subsidizes/pays for through government subsidized insurance/mandated coverage thereof, that's due in part to some politicians who are doing their jobs.

Credit goes to those who do well in those programs, but they had help.

People need more options than just opioids for effective relief of chronic pain. For some people Kratom is the best choice, and without it some people will resort to their other effective option, and that option carries for that individual a high risk of abuse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Regarding ongoing legality: Good news, better news, best news (NYT article) 1 year 6 months ago #37156

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9045
I disagree with blaming the politicians for “putting people at risk of addiction”.

I’m on the side of personal responsibility for one’s choices with regard to substances and I’m an addict in recovery. MY DECISIONS played a role in my addiction. Not the politicians.

Just my opinion.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: NuEarthBotanical, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

Regarding ongoing legality: Good news, better news, best news (NYT article) 1 year 6 months ago #37154

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
I was reading the comments section and there are several excellent replies to the article. But there were also some by some establishment types that have me thinking I might want to prepare to stock up. Though I might be moving within the year and I wouldn't want to transport Kratom if that became a crime, or became illegal in the state I was moving to, or through.

Hopefully both Sanders and Trump get asked about Kratom in a town hall meeting. Like I said above, imo neither will allow the other to be more populist regarding Kratom. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the percentage of Kratom users relative to the general population is higher among swing voters in swing states. And the swing states will determine who's the next President, same as in 2016.

Both parties have their moralists who claim to know better than us, and they often get their way. So I'd really like to get President Trump and Senator Sanders on record regarding Kratom.

Sanders has always been very sensitive to the needs of injured veterans, and Trump has been saying the right things about opioid abuse. So I'm hopeful that we'll get a good result if we can just get them confronted with the question.

A politician's instinct is to hem and haw and to be non-committal, so I want them forced to outdo each other when Kratom users who take Kratom for pain management pose the question to them.

"Are you going to take my Kratom away, or make it very expensive, so that I have to get back on prescription opioids?"

"I'm an addict who quit using heroin thanks to the relief I got from Kratom. Are you going to put me back at risk of addiction again?"

Once the issue of keeping Kratom legal gets put to them by Kratom users, they'll want to look good.

Last edit: by Babel-17.

Regarding ongoing legality: Good news, better news, best news (NYT article) 1 year 6 months ago #37151

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
www.nytimes.com/2019/04/17/us/kratom-overdose-deaths.html ?

The good news: The New York Times wrote an insightful piece that both exposed the falseness of the message that Kratom is linked to lots of deaths, and which also did a decent job of telling how Kratom is being legitimately used to help millions of people who are suffering while not getting the help they need from conventional drugs.

It is also increasingly being used by those who swear by it as a curb for opioid addiction. Some veterans also say it helps control symptoms of post-traumatic stress. Several million Americans are now believed to use kratom.

The better news: President Trump's FDA guy that was sounding alarms about Kratom is gone, and Trump has a new Chief of Staff who's coming across as aware of how Kratom can help people from getting trapped on opioids.

Some scientists — and leading politicians, including Mick Mulvaney, now President Trump’s acting chief of staff — have also expressed concerns that putting kratom on Schedule I would stymie research into alternatives for opioids and for treating opioid withdrawal.

The best news: Bernie Sanders is running for President, and sounds like he doesn't want to do big Pharma's bidding, and keep Kratom out of people's hands.

Nine senators, including Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who is vying for the Democratic presidential nomination, also pressed the D.E.A. not to restrict the supplement without going through its normal deliberative process, citing “the long reported history of kratom use, coupled with the public’s sentiment that it is a safe alternative to prescription opioids.”

Neither Trump or Sanders is an idiot, and both know that millions of users means millions of voters, and that's not counting family and friends. I'm hoping that neither will allow the other to get ahead of them on this issue.

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds