07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
This section is for Forum and Kratom industry news and announcements.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Meeting in Jakarta

Meeting in Jakarta 6 months 1 week ago #39299

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1092
If you read my blog today (5-31-2019), you might have seen a more nuanced take on the situation. My source at the event pointed out that The Minister of Health had, indeed, put this 5-year plan into motion, BUT she may be called on the carpet by the Ministry of Commerce and the President of Indonesia for acting unilaterally. So, all is not lost.

Contrary to what I thought before an extensive debriefing by my friend who was present, the Ministry of Health, does not appear to have the support of other Ministries, so this whole crazy scheme, which was no-doubt put into her head either by the U.S. FDA and/or her pharma-employed husband.

Read my blog today at Tinyurl.com/cknnqps and you'll get a better understanding how the Indonesian government works. They're fairly recent to this democracy stuff.

I think their government will hear some major outrage from the many growers, harvesters, pickers as the word gets out on what this Minister of Health has done. The President, often referred to as "The King", has the last word, so I'm not as worried as I was before hearing "the rest of the story" from my friend, who spends a lot of time over there.

Sorry to cause you-all any worry, but getting a clear picture of what went on and how it will likely play out was difficult. There was a lot going on and my source had little time between meetings to explain the bigger picture.

Hang in there. Mac Haddow, the AKA's lobbyist, is likely to go back there next month for more meetings with higher-ups who can straighten this mess out.

For a comic touch, it turns out the Health Ministry workers got most of their info on kratom from the FDA Web page and Wikipedia! We know better how things work in America, don't we?
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, DenverJeff, Robie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Meeting in Jakarta 6 months 1 week ago #39302

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1169
Thank you, thank you and thank you again! I hope Indonesia stays the course!! I'd like to see this work out for everyone! I really appreciate it Paul.

Be blessed.

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat

Meeting in Jakarta 6 months 1 week ago #39306

• kemppaulh
I think it's too early to stockpile, if at all. I just posted my today's edition of my blog, which clarifies things.

This Ministry of Health official seems to have been acting on her own -- and now that other Ministries are hearing what she did, things are likely to be corrected.

This is not a "done deal" by any means. The AKA's presence in Jakarta and the science Dr. Henningfield presented there, have built some trust in the AKA. I'm told that, "Building relationships first and policies evolve from relationships" in Indonesia. What I'm hearing is that this was a good relationship-building event and -- with future meetings -- our reps will work with their Ministry officials, politicians, and businesspeople to correct this proposed reduction of exports.

One interesting and positive point I learned is that while the Indonesian people and even their equivalent to the DEA are very down on intoxicating drugs, such as cannabis, they view kratom as just a mild tea. So, it was ironic that this head of the Ministry of Health should buy the U.S. FDA's story on kratom "killing hundreds of Americans" hook-line-and-sinker!

So, read my new post here and today's blog and I think you'll see this is only a temporary problem that can be reversed by apealing to the right people in their government.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, DenverJeff, Robie

Meeting in Jakarta 6 months 1 week ago #39309

• natures_cure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 191
Thanks for sharing Paul.

If anyone is looking to stockpile, we have multiple tons in stock and ready to ship.
www.naturescurekratom.com

Free 2-day shipping.
$80/kg
Guaranteed delivery! Free reship if anything happens to your package.
10% off with coupon code: ILK or FALL2019

Payment Options:
eCheck/ACH
Apple Pay
Western Union
Wire Transfer
Check
Money Order
Amazon
Cash App
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, DenverJeff, Robie

Meeting in Jakarta 6 months 1 week ago #39317

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3935
Thx Joel , just placed a small kilo order !! Hopefully it’s all just words that will get blown away in the wind, good to know there’s quality Kratom at a very reasonable price

again thank you Paul , it’s hard not to feel a little worried but maybe it’s going to roll over , either way thx for the heads up of what might be happening across the ocean (L)
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Meeting in Jakarta 6 months 1 week ago #39320

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7931
Right now, it’s pouring rain and our favorite leaves are being dried while the locals are celebrating an extended holiday that includes “Cargo shipping holidays because there is a national celebration of Eid al-Fitr in Indonesia” as per earlier today. So delayed deliveries to your vendors is HOLIDAY RELATED ONLY.

Pinky promise!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Meeting in Jakarta 6 months 6 days ago #39403

• HermesTrismesgistus
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
I remember the seemingly endless miles of palm farms in Costa Rica. It had taken over the entire landscape in the SW of the country. Sad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Meeting in Jakarta 5 months 4 weeks ago #39824

• Nan70
  • Nan70's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3356

the intent of getting cheap kratom off the market in time for them to roll out a synthetic kratom analog in 5 years.

I am convinced a synthetic Kratom will not gain enough positive results to make it past clinical trials. It will end up below comparable to the available pain medicines. They will try to isolate a specific alkaloid. Like Smith-Kline tried decades ago(this is poorly researched on my part and it wasn't Mytraginine it was the alkaloid Speciofoline) and gave up on.

I know now I gain benefits from the anti inflammatory alkaloids. Which alkaloids am I responding too? This is the list of alkaloids in Kratom www.kratomscience.com/mitragyna-speciosa...m-alkaloids-effects/

Kratom will only be effective in its nature form I feel they won't be able to achieve a reasonable RX version.

AKA's presence in Jakarta, they must succeed for all of our benefits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Last edit: by Nan70.

Meeting in Jakarta 5 months 4 weeks ago #39833

• kemppaulh
Yes, Nan70, now that I've had some more time to think about this, I agree with you. I don't think it benefits any party to completely shut down kratom. Even Big Pharma can profit, as I expect they're doing through investing in the cannabis and hemp booms.

It's frightfully expensive to develop a drug, so why bother if -- like with Marinol -- it goes over like a lead balloon. Better to make a little profit than to invest a lot and take a loss!

The whole plant is more effective than the sum of its many component alkaloids. And, the subtle variances of the many strains leads to more sales to find the perfect strain for each consumer's unique physical makeup.

The AKA, with our help, is a powerful guardian for this industry, too -- and the industry can afford to contribute to the protection of their booming trade. So... I doubt that kratom will be banned on the national level. With any luck at all, we should be able to persuade more states to protect kratom in its pure, natural form if it has been processed in the cGMP way.

With a big election in 2020, some candidates might want to ourt our community for votes. We;ll keep it legal, one way or the other.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Meeting in Jakarta 5 months 3 weeks ago #39934

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1169

Nan70 wrote:

the intent of getting cheap kratom off the market in time for them to roll out a synthetic kratom analog in 5 years.

I am convinced a synthetic Kratom will not gain enough positive results to make it past clinical trials. It will end up below comparable to the available pain medicines. They will try to isolate a specific alkaloid. Like Smith-Kline tried decades ago(this is poorly researched on my part and it wasn't Mytraginine it was the alkaloid Speciofoline) and gave up on.

I know now I gain benefits from the anti inflammatory alkaloids. Which alkaloids am I responding too? This is the list of alkaloids in Kratom www.kratomscience.com/mitragyna-speciosa...m-alkaloids-effects/

Kratom will only be effective in its nature form I feel they won't be able to achieve a reasonable RX version.

AKA's presence in Jakarta, they must succeed for all of our benefits.

The government and Big Pharma need to keep their damned hands off Kratom. They have no right whatsoever to "patent" what God put on earth for all of mankind to use to mankind's benefit!! The arrogance is beyond belief!! There is nothing that needs to be improved on Kratom. It's perfect in it's natural state!!!

Be blessed.

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds