Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
This section is for Forum and Kratom industry news and announcements.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 1 year 4 months ago #39874

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4051
This might help
I be back later I think I have a few more links, but check this out
nexusnewsfeed.com/article/human-rights/foia-docs-s...eZv20B9JtFz9gtly7O-M
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie, Radio Dano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 1 year 4 months ago #39873

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Thank you Dano , no such thing as a bad ramble about the advocating intention of this “HELPFUL &HEALING “ leaf!!

Thx for your endeavor to get to the bottom of this issue about the misinformed news and the oeole that believes their nonsense

So nice to have you here (L)

Brandon

Truth, Lies or Incompetence? 1 year 4 months ago #39872

• Radio Dano
  • Radio Dano's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
I am investigating a death in Franklin County Missouri that was a supposed direct kratom related death. The husband of the deceased prompted the unsuccessful attempt to ban kratom in St. Charles County Mo. Per a story on KMOV in St. Louis, a Franklin County woman was found unconscious on 2/7/2019 and later passed away. This is a quote from the story on their website:

"He was baffled (the husband) until the medical examiner showed him the autopsy report.

“When they told me she died of Kratom poisoning, I lost my mind. The one thing we thought was giving her some kind of quality of life back is the thing that killed her," he said.

The cause of her death on the report is listed as Mitragynne intoxication. Mitragyna is commonly known as Kratom."

When looking at the FDA.gov website for "Mitragynine Intoxication", we see that the examples of cause of death provided, all have other substances in their system and some at lethal levels. They cannot rule out adulterated kratom.

I am investigating this for my podcast because, quite simply, I am trying to find a direct kratom related death. I, myself want to know if there is any inherent danger in using kratom and can't really find any dangers outside of misinformation provided by these copy-stamped stories by irresponsible news agencies. I suspect that KMOV, or rather someone in their news department has a bias against kratom based on the number of recent news stories on their website. I am unsure of what their agenda is unless it is to get the sensational story for ratings. It is quite possible that the reporting is based on ignorance of the subject.

I have requested the Coroner's report on the Franklin County death as it is a matter of public record. I suspect that the report will show that other substances will be found or that adulterated kratom won't be ruled out.

My opinion: we should be standing up against those companies that are adulterating their kratom. If their product is responsible for somebody's death, then they should be prosecuted. They can't use the "not for human consumption" as an excuse.

So, are the Coroners reporting mitragynine intoxication/poisoning incompetent? What is mitragynine intoxication/poisoning exactly and at what levels is it toxic? Are they lies to cover for their incompetence? Is there some underlying agenda? Big Pharma maybe? Or are they speaking the truth and kratom is dangerous?

Sorry for the rambling...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

Last edit: by Radio Dano.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds