Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
This section is for Forum and Kratom industry news and announcements.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

AKA Legislative Update email 3 months 1 week ago #49431

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037
I listened to the webinar last night and they sent me a link to pass on to those who missed it. It is 1hr an 5mins long.
I'll post it below.

default.salsalabs.org/T18d14ab6-9f13-49d5-a30a-046...1a-8009-c2e57de60832
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tiggermanscrat.

AKA Legislative Update email 3 months 1 week ago #49407

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8770
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, brutalsacrifice! Thank you for the post! There was a webinar held by AKA tonight and I missed it but hoping for renewed energy to jam science and truth into the spotlight again!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

AKA Legislative Update email 3 months 1 week ago #49382

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1282
Thank you for sharing this with us brutalsacrifice , Absurd and ridiculous, But by all means nothing new ....

Wouldn’t it be fantastic for the Farce Department of America (fda) to know when to stop after they’ve been shown the truth with kratom backed science ? This leaf is such a threat to the pockets of Pharma and backed by pharma electives ... this action is akin to their last breath and desperate attempt.

The AKA has will continue working hard at keeping our rights to access a safe and benign herb that delivers so many benefits... For the majority of folks taking kratom , it’s the instrumental difference in having quality of life ....procured by a leaf .. which is a choice to be made by any adult who chooses to do so .

The good news is we know better , have the AKA as our ally along with amazing “full of integrity vendors“ and communities like ILK... ....the progress to protect kratom has been highly successful, and that’s the momentum we have going for us , along with a healthy dose of common sense for a healthy alternative .

Folks should make their own choice in the matter....prescriptions available to those who find them beneficial for their lives ....kratom for those who choose to utilize and benefit from it ..

It’s a frustrating ordeal , but those of us who’ve been given our lives back with the help of this leaf will keep leading by respectful example to keep our personal choices a freedom that will continue to endure .

I’m feeling optimistic, but need to keep supporting the AKA and show up to the “conversation “. when we can !

Rant over lol

I’m ready for a red “strain” B-) (L) =D>
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

AKA Legislative Update email 3 months 1 week ago #49364

• brutalsacrifice
  • brutalsacrifice's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
The FDA is trying to impose another ban on kratom. I just got the email and I tried to copy and paste but it didn't work. It says "FDA signals new push to ban kratom" and it is from today, 3/23/20. The FDA is saying stuff about kratom being in capsule form and trying to get it banned yet again. We all need to stand together and fight the govt attempts to rob us of our rights.
March 23, 2020

The FDA intent to ban kratom hasn't dimissed even as world health crisis increases. The AKA is working hard to remain vigilent and monitoring legislatures even as closures continue.

legistlative report

FDA officials are telling Congressional members and staffers they remain resolute on pushing their proposed scheduling of kratom’s two primary alkaloids, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine as Schedule I substances – effectively banning kratom and stopping new research in its tracks.

It seems almost unthinkable that this position would be taken given the new science that has emerged since the FDA submitted their scheduling recommendation in October 2017, and the worsening opioid crisis where kratom offers a far safer option for management of acute and chronic pain.

The FDA is strongly opposed to states passing the Kratom Consumer Protection Act because they claim kratom is an unapproved drug – not a dietary supplement or food. Now, in a dramatic expansion of their anti-kratom campaign, we are seeing some state regulatory agencies are buying the FDA propaganda that kratom has not been approved for use as a tea or food and therefore should be banned. The fact is, there is no premarket approval for food products and the FDA can only react when legitimate safety issues arise.

The FDA does have the authority to approve certain ingredients before “they are used in foods.” Kratom used to brew a tea is not an “additive” nor can it properly be treated as an “additive” unless the FDA wants to claim putting kratom into water for the tea meets that definition. The FDA is now promoting the theory that putting kratom powder into a capsule makes kratom a “food additive.”

This is not the first time the FDA has tried this nonsense. FDA has previously claimed that adding any ingredient to a capsule made that ingredient into a “food additive” simply because it was added to a capsule or tablet. That allowed the FDA to ramp up their enforcement on any food that was provided in capsule or tablet form.

The courts issued a scathing rebuke of the FDA’s position the first time they tried this regulatory plot stating that “the only justification for this Alice-in-Wonderland approach is to allow the FDA to make an end-run around the statutory scheme.[1]” Yet, the FDA is trying to do the very same thing today in reportedly advising state regulatory agencies they should ban sales of kratom as unapproved food ingredients only because they are sold in capsule or pill forms.

The AKA has been forced to open negotiations with the Ohio Department of Agriculture all based on the false information being disseminated by the FDA that kratom is an unapproved food ingredient, particularly when sold in capsule or pill form.

In fact, the capsule or pill forms do not interact with or change the character of kratom, but merely act as a container comparable to a bottle containing liquids for teaspoon consumption. The FDA’s newest recreation of this theory to apply to kratom defies logic and common sense.

The FDA has been unsuccessful in their application to the DEA to have kratom scheduled.
NIDA is actively studying the potential value of kratom as a non-addictive alternative to deadly opioids to manage acute and chronic pain.
The FY2020 Budget Bill approved by the Congress recognized the reports by kratom consumers who are successfully using kratom as an alternative to opioids.
States are approving the Kratom Consumer Protection Act to stop kratom product adulteration – a job the FDA should be doing.
In the midst of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the FDA’s cynical push to advance their anti-kratom agenda is unconscionable. We have to fight back hard to educate the Congress and state regulatory agencies about the deeply flawed FDA disinformation campaign against kratom.

[1] U.S. v. Two Plastic Drums, 984 F.2d 814 (7th Cir. 1993)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, DogSol

Last edit: by brutalsacrifice.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds