Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.

TOPIC:

Plain Leaf Strains List of Effects 3 years 4 months ago #19114

• dove108
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 42
You do all of us such great service with your willingness to take the time and share from your pot of knowledge. I'll drink your soup any day. (I don't drink koolaid cause of the sugar :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, bomalley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Plain Leaf Strains List of Effects 3 years 4 months ago #19113

• dove108
  • Junior Boarder
and Thank you for your appreciation. It's made my day. My partner and I have had 30+ years of chronic one thing or another which has pushed us to do a LOT of research.So glad I can share some of what we've learned.
And Bomalley...you are awesome and I totally agree with you about pretty much anything you write.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, cash mat

Plain Leaf Strains List of Effects 3 years 4 months ago #19094

• madmaxnightrider
  • madmaxnightrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Rights to Use Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4325
Thanks so much dove108 & bomalley. I've learned an awful lot by you 2. Really Preciate it! I have been looking at my Diet each day & been watching what goes into my stomach for each meal & see how it effects me & then if it irritates my Stomach then I write it down & don't eat that again. I know that Chicken & Shrimp are the best things that don't irritate my Stomach as far as meat goes. I will look into that Aloe Ferox. That stuff sounds like a Miracle. Thanks Again bomalley & dove108! You the Best! :-bd
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
Life Is Like Teaching Sanskrit To A Pony.
Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, StarWarsForce, bomalley, dove108, cash mat

Plain Leaf Strains List of Effects 3 years 4 months ago #19074

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3793

madmaxnightrider wrote: What would be the Best thing to add to Help improve my Digestive System & my Chronic Constipation? I went to a Doctor about it several months ago & he said that he had never heard a more active stomach in all his 20 years as a doctor. That can't be good. I am wondering if the Kratom is doing this. Just some thoughts.

Kratom does affect my digestive system...I think it makes me gassy too! That would be the "active" stomach your doctor is referring to as gas moving through the colon creates "bowel sounds" that are heard with the stethoscope. If I take too much I get really nauseated, but I think that is really an overdose type reaction. Now that I have done my experimenting and I know how much to take of what strains, I am not getting that anymore, however, I am losing weight again. Kratom depresses my appetite and eating enough of the right kinds of foods has become challenging again.

I honestly believe that gut health is mostly all about what you put in it. My life completely changed when I stopped putting foods into my gut that were irritating it. I eat a grain free, dairy free diet. Mostly I follow the Blood Type diet for my blood type. This made such a huge difference I could not believe it.
My daughter follows the low FODMAP diet and has found it has made a big difference (She has IBS).

We both eat VERY Paleo and make everything including ketchup, barbecue sauce, and soups etc. I do this because I found out I was very sensitive to food additives and dyes. Family dinners are really interesting because the 2 diets are NOT the same (similar but not the same).

Coffee, tea, alcohol, pop,and smoking are also hard on digestion. Actually after having been off alcohol for years I find that I can handle the odd cocktail and glass of wine now...BUT I do not need it or even want it. (For many years I was using alcohol to medicate for pain...that is very obvious now).

BUT that is not all. Food is not the only thing that we ingest. Modern day pharmaceutical based medicine has completely wrecked the colons of most of the developed world. It has become much too easy for doctors to write a prescription than to actually WORK with a patient on diet or lifestyle alterations which are at the root of most health challenges - especially digestive ones.

Steroids and antibiotics are the WORST, with NSAIDS not far behind. If any of these medications have crossed your lips you are likely to have colon trouble at some time in your life. If they have crossed your lips more than once, or for an extended period of time, it is almost a certainty that your bowels are affected - and your immune system too. MOST of your immune system is in your colon!

Immune system problems originating from poor gut health show up as sensitivities (mainly to food and food additives), then allergies, and then infections occurring frequently (upper respiratory and skin most common).

And THAT ladies and gentlemen concludes our colon health lesson for today!
I think the product recommended by DOVE108 looks pretty good. Aloe has been used for centuries to soothe skin and mucous membrane irritations.

Lots more about how to deal with constipation caused by Kratom (or opiates) on this thread too - for those reading this who may not have seen it already....
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/health-and-wellness/3917...tart=10#.WTbi5WgrKM8
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, dove108, cash mat

Last edit: by bomalley. Reason: correct typo

Plain Leaf Strains List of Effects 3 years 4 months ago #19073

• dove108
  • Junior Boarder
I have been constipated most of my life too. In fact I had hemmorhoids starting at age 9. I've used a lot of different herbal laxative formulas. 3 years ago I started using Aloe Ferox from So. Africa. Absolutely the best thing I've ever used. Another name for it is Cape Aloe and it's often included in bowel formulas but not usually just by itself. I regularly with few exceptions have a bowel movement either when I first get up or sometime in the morning. At first I had to do 3 capsules 1x/day at lunch. After a year I was able to cut back to 2 1x/day at lunch. No cramping at all. It's also helping my partner with severe constipation from Parkinson's and he gets no bloating or pain from it either. (believe me, that's a small miracle). Here's the link. The owner is named Gene. Tell him Dovida sent you. Info page is: www.aloeferoxonline.com/aloeferox Product page (It's Called fabulous Fibre Bitter) is here: www.aloeferoxonline.com/product/FFB-003O Wishing you all the very best and the ability to embrace and open to whatever you have to grapple with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, cash mat

Plain Leaf Strains List of Effects 3 years 4 months ago #19072

• madmaxnightrider
  • madmaxnightrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Rights to Use Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4325

kobegirl wrote: TU ladies! Actually it's my intestines that r very unhappy as I have IBS colitis few more. Will use blender to try ur cabbage juice!! Order extract wens & learn to make tea & extract near future but my guts r very sick right now. Love u all ! Will miss u too but back on Soft foods less plant matter crucial too

I've heard that any Kind of IBS is just Hell to Live with & that there is No Real Cure for it & that you can only partly control the symptoms. Is that Really True? I so really empathize with you on your IBS Colitis Symptoms. I have had Digestive Trouble my entire life.

I have had Chronic Constipation all of my Life since I was a Kid & nothing really has helped me in my entire Life. I take Benefiber 3 times a day, Ginger Root Capsules, Aloe Vera Gel Capsules & Drink Plenty of Water & Exercise 6 days a week & all of that does help but I still go through bad bouts of Constipation now & then. You know Kratom can't be helping that.

What would be the Best thing to add to Help improve my Digestive System & my Chronic Constipation? I went to a Doctor about it several months ago & he said that he had never heard a more active stomach in all his 20 years as a doctor. That can't be good. I am wondering if the Kratom is doing this. Just some thoughts.
“I am the madmaxnightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!”
Life Is Like Teaching Sanskrit To A Pony.
Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, StarWarsForce

Last edit: by madmaxnightrider. Reason: Had To Edit it.

Plain Leaf Strains List of Effects 3 years 4 months ago #19069

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3793

Laurie wrote: Kobegirl, I tried that cabbage recipe and got memorable diarrhea. Not sure what I had it WITH or when. I just remember that I won't do that again, LOL. Everyone is different, tho!
See you in 11 days :(

Any kind of vegetable juice is a very concentrated liquid and will likely have an osmotic laxative effect.

To avoid that take smaller amounts and dilute 1:1 with water. Many nutrition experts advise that all juice should be diluted with water.

dove108 wrote: I learned about green cabbage juice when searching for natural cures for ulcers. Found it on earthclinic. (a wonderful community for natural healing). Not sure how it will be for IBS. Blessings to you.

I think the substance in cabbage has been named vitamin U ? and has been found to be good for healing ulcers.

IBS however, is more about an imbalance in microbiota and food sensitivity, so not necessarily the same situation as an ulcerated lining of the colon. Up to 1C of cabbage however, is allowed on the Low FODMAP diet which is often recommended for IBS.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, cash mat

Last edit: by bomalley. Reason: add links

Plain Leaf Strains List of Effects 3 years 4 months ago #19068

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9045
Kobegirl, I tried that cabbage recipe and got memorable diarrhea. Not sure what I had it WITH or when. I just remember that I won't do that again, LOL. Everyone is different, tho!
See you in 11 days :(
Laurie

Plain Leaf Strains List of Effects 3 years 4 months ago #19066

• dove108
  • Junior Boarder
I learned about green cabbage juice when searching for natural cures for ulcers. Found it on earthclinic. (a wonderful community for natural healing). Not sure how it will be for IBS. Blessings to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, cash mat

Plain Leaf Strains List of Effects 3 years 4 months ago #19065

• kobegirl
  • Visitor
TU ladies! Actually it's my intestines that r very unhappy as I have IBS colitis few more. Will use blender to try ur cabbage juice!! Order extract wens & learn to make tea & extract near future but my guts r very sick right now. Love u all ! Will miss u too but back on Soft foods less plant matter crucial too

Last edit: by kobegirl.
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds