Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Most Underrated Strains 2 years 8 months ago #25175

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3793
Indo Maeng Da has been my go to for a while now ...I like to cover all my bases!

We have to recognize that there is no standardization in labeling strains too, so what one vendor calls Indo Maeng Da might be called something else from another vendor. I mean it might be the exact same plant but grown in a different area or country, so a different name.

Red, Green, or White are strains, ie genetic variants...the other labels are just for branding. A red strain grown under different conditions will have the same genetic material as other red strains BUT will have different concentrations of alkaloids because of differences in climate and soil conditions.

Find what works for you...then stick with that.

On further research I found this bit of info regarding the term strain:

"The term has no official ranking status in botany; the term refers to the collective descendants produced from a common ancestor that share a uniform morphological or physiological character.[1] A strain is a designated group of offspring that are either descended from a modified plant (produced by conventional breeding or by biotechnological means), or which result from genetic mutation."

Interesting.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bomalley.

Most Underrated Strains 2 years 8 months ago #25169

• madmaxnightrider
  • madmaxnightrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Rights to Use Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4335
That is so very true. Nobody says anything about INDO Strains anymore. I think because they are Focused on MD's, Borneo's & Bali's.
Life Is Like Teaching Sanskrit To A Pony.
Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StarWarsForce, Teeswaran

Most Underrated Strains 2 years 8 months ago #25122

• gmantheman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 864
I think another underrated strain or group of strains are Indos. They are the most common yet rarely mentioned anymore. I haven't tried a White Indo or what is claimed to be a white Indo but have enjoyed my fair share of green and red Indos. Green Indo's are very balanced as far as relaxation and energy and Red Indo is one of my favorites for an evening strain. I think they are so similar to Borneos so that is maybe why Indos are not mentioned that much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, Teeswaran

Most Underrated Strains 2 years 8 months ago #24914

• madmaxnightrider
  • madmaxnightrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Rights to Use Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4335
When it comes to the kratom marketplace, today’s vendors will throw so many options your way that simply choosing a strain can be an overwhelming process if you let it. Along the way, you may end up overlooking some potential gems that are right up your alley.

5. White Riau

If you ask ole Krampus, white vein kratom in general is underrated for the simple fact that these strains are vastly underappreciated for their versatility. Take White Riau, for example. Though whites are generally known for their uplifting qualities, this particular strain has a strong calming effect, which suggests that it might be a fine option for uses more commonly associated with red veins. Unlike most strains in its color class, White Riau may very well be something you can use as part of your night-time rotation.

4. Green Thai

Red Vein Thai is easily the most well known of the Thai strains. On the other end of the color spectrum is Green Thai, not necessarily unknown, but from what we can tell, not nearly as celebrated as its red counterpart. That’s a shame too because it’s a wonderful leaf. Thai strains are known for their exceptional potency and this one is no exception. Green Thai combines the stimulating energy common of white veins and the euphoric relaxation reminiscent of a good red. While we are bigger fans of other greens, this one definitely falls in the category of criminally underrated.

3. Red Jongkong

Some of the newest strains we’ve discovered come to us from the Jongkong region of Kalimantan Barat, Indonesia. Red Jongkong has quickly established itself as one of the very best from this area. User feedback is scarce at the moment, but early reviews in our circle suggest that it’s a high-potency strain with strength that tops classic red vein varieties like Borneo and Bali, yet sits a notch below Maeng Da and Hulu Kapuas. If you’re gonna sample any of the virtual unknowns, Red Jongkong is a great one to put on your must-try list.

2. Yellow Bali

I find it amazing how our viewpoints can be so different on some aspects of kratom, yet so similar on others. The overall consensus on yellow vein kratom usually comes to one of three conclusions: mellow effects, a great mixer, or nothing special. Hold on to your horses because Yellow Bali comes through and breaks the mold! Noticeably stronger than the typical yellow, this shade of Bali is incredibly potent with pleasant effects that tend to last quite a while. A multi-purpose leaf that delivers all the benefits kratom is so well known for. Give it a try and you just may find that you have a new go-to strain!

1. Green Papua

Papua kratom originates from New Guinea, a huge island situated between Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. Apparently the island is blessed with extra ideal conditions because all the Papua strains we’ve tried have been excellent – and then some! Green Papua embodies the balance that makes green strains so special; a perfect blend of clean energy and chill mode. For us, the feel good department is where it shines the brightest, so if you appreciate the pick me up qualities kratom brings to the party, Green Papua may be the strain for you.

Honorable mentions:

Green Sunda
Red Malay
Red Vietnam
Green Cambodian
Yellow Maeng Da
Life Is Like Teaching Sanskrit To A Pony.
Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gmantheman, StarWarsForce, roadieratonga, Teeswaran

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds