Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.

TOPIC:

All About Green Sumatra Strain 1 year 6 months ago #37063

• madmaxnightrider
  • madmaxnightrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight for your Rights to Use Kratom.
  • Thank you received: 4335
I'm so happy that you found out what is going on with your Wife. That is the First Step & most important is getting a Diagnosis. Then you will know how to treat it. Let us know how the Herbs work for her Pain.
Life Is Like Teaching Sanskrit To A Pony.
Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All About Green Sumatra Strain 1 year 6 months ago #37043

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4418
even though its not an ideal outcome we are all grateful you did remember this great dr and you were able to get her in. and back in the same week!!!! that's incredible in itself. and no one told her in any way- even in a nice way- that shes nuts. but yes they know time is a factor. and that you have nan70 as your guide she knows more about this than any of us probably. if your wife goes in for surgery that's not a bad thing. unpleasant and a pain in the arse but at least it can be planned. maybe not the mothers day present she wants. but maybe so! when I had my knee operated on even the pain after the surgery it still felt better than before.

after she is better, and she will be! if it makes you feel better, slam that old dr on yelp or whatever. I have only left at least 4 stars for anyone and this usually not what I would say but franky theyre lucky its not a malpractice lawsuit. I mean if they admitted that they didn't know what to look for is not a good answer. and im paying you why?? I call it the copay ragdoll. ive never taken a medical class ever and I can add 2 and 2 better than those dimwits.

either way as always we are here for you and your sweetheart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

All About Green Sumatra Strain 1 year 6 months ago #37040

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4049
I held out a good 6 months before I had to remove my herniated disc. All the time trying different non surgical treatments. I was not able to straighten up, in constant pain, only got out of bed to use the bathroom. After surgery I had no permanent damage.
Developed foot drop before the second surgery, most of it cleared up except minor nerve damage, to my big toe as a result I cannot keep slip on shoes on my right foot the big toe will not raise up enough and the right shoe will fall off. I can live with that lol not wearing mules or clogs.

I think foot drop and Cauda equina syndrome are the only permanent nerve damage worries. If she has neither of these now I think you need not to worry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

All About Green Sumatra Strain 1 year 6 months ago #37039

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2045
Nan,
Finding out what was wrong IS a BIG relief. I just hope there isn’t any permanent nerve damage due to how long she has had the problem.
When the discs in my neck between C5-6-7 herniated on me, I was operated on within 2 weeks total from the time of the injury. This same neurologist only saw me after my primary care physician tried to fix me with traction which was insanely painful.
When this neurologist saw me for the first time he did 2 basic strength tests and had an immediate MRI done. He reviewed them and had me into emergency surgery the next morning. He said I would have lost the use of that arm if I had waited any longer. I still have numbness in my right index finger from it.
I’m very mad at myself for not remembering him before now. He saved my arm and I FORGOT! I feel like an idiot!
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, michele373

All About Green Sumatra Strain 1 year 6 months ago #37038

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder

. I mean in sure there's hypochondriacs and pain seekers but really I just want to understand why I cant walk.

I think this is the problem with doctors. They are just not doing their job, they are labeling their patients before they exhaust cause of problems, and they feel pressure to not order a battery of tests by the insurance companies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Last edit: by Nan70.

All About Green Sumatra Strain 1 year 6 months ago #37037

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder

The Neurologist said there was nothing in the report that would indicate the cause for the leg problems my wife is having

What? This doctor seriously concluded that?

This leaves me not knowing what to think of that doctor(doctor sucks). Leg pain, numbness, trouble walking, staying on your feet, tingling, maybe because this is me too- all leads to bulging discs,herniation, stenosis, spurs. Leg pain =lower back problems.
I used to treat my lower back with cortisone injections its 50/50 chance of helping, if they do help it does not last very long.

I am already 2 surgeries decades later. I am managing spinal arthritis now. I have to manage 24/7 my inflammation or I won't be able to stay on my feet. Leg still goes numb.

I have physical therapy I do at home. Anti inflammatory diet. I ration my chores so I am not putting too much stress on my back. I take turemric, moringa, ginger, everyday. Kratom and herbal medicines.
Kratom is an excellent anti inflammatory. So is chuchuhuasi. But with anti inflammatory herbals the properties that help inflammation may take three to six weeks of daily use before its hits the best beneficial levels.

Since kratom I have much better function and my nerve pain is practically gone.

You remembering your surgeon is the best thing to happen. I am hoping for a great outcome for your wife. I think just to get knowledge of whats wrong must have been a relief.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

All About Green Sumatra Strain 1 year 6 months ago #37036

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4418
triggerman im just so glad you got some answers. and another appointment thurs! that's so wonderful!!! we know our own bodies. I mean in sure theres hypochondriacs and pain seekers but really I just want to understand why I cant walk. mothersucking docs that have no problem taking our $ and basically telling us were crazy. im trying not to get amped up. think positive right? this is workable and you both have done your due diligence and explored every other option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

All About Green Sumatra Strain 1 year 6 months ago #37035

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
Nan,
There was a report with the MRI.
The Neurologist said there was nothing in the report that would indicate the cause for the leg problems my wife is having.
I have a copy of the report now and it says:
1. Mild central stenosis at L4-5 secondary to a broad-based annular disc bulge and bilateral facet hypertrophy.
2. Multilevel facet hypertrophy.
3. Bilateral facet joint effusions at L4-5.
4. Posterior annular fissure at L5-S1.
5. No evidence of focal disc herniaton.
I also have the MRI on CD from then. The new neurologist reviewed the images and said that the spurs and osteophytes are why she is having the problems walking.

The old neurologist had given her 3 epidural shots over the last 3 months but they did nothing for my wife. After that the neurologist had no idea what to do.

All About Green Sumatra Strain 1 year 6 months ago #37032

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
Good news, so happy you have a better neurologist. I am so sorry the other doctors didn't pick up the diagnosis sooner because just from hearing the symptoms seems like bone spurs/ osteophytes should have been a first thought diagnosis. There are treatments that could have already been started and its been since January not getting anywhere

I have to ask why there was not a person originally to read the MRI and makes the report to give to the doctor. These people are trained to read MRI's and all the findings and know the body. You wife had a very valid question something does not sound right with the first doctor. I have had so many MRI's I can look at my own films/CDs and go oh yea here's the problem<-- no joke

I have L4-L5(also L5-S1) bone spurs, scar tissue and narrowing of the spine. I feel they are going to find treatments and she will regain mobility.

Positive thought for you and your wife.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

All About Green Sumatra Strain 1 year 6 months ago #37028

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
Went to the neurologist and he looked at the MRI the other neurologist had done in January. He said that the nerves in the canal between L4-L5 are being pinched due to bone spurs and osteophytes. He had us go and get another MRI ASAP to see if anywhere else in her spine has the same issues. We didn’t wait for our medical plan to ok it. We went right over to the imaging center and asked if they could do it right away and we would pay for it. They had an open appointment in 2 hours so they let her in for that. While it was being done they got the approval from BCBS. So it is done and we have another appointment on Thursday at 9:45am for the neurologist to review the full set of images before setting a date for surgery.
My wife asked why the other neurologist didn’t see this. He said it was because she had never done any surgery so she didn’t have the experience to look at an image and know how it actually looked inside the body.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, michele373

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds