Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 357899 of 364511 bytes in /home/line0019/public_html/libraries/src/Cache/CacheController.php on line 182
Are Kratom withdrawals a big deal or similar to coffee? - Kratom Community Forum - Kratom Forum
09 Mar 2020
We want to welcome everyone to the New I Love Kratom Forum. We're constantly trying to improve the forum for our members. Please take the time to show our approved vendors some love. Check out our approved advertisers as well and feel free to post about your experience. If this is your first time to the site, make sure to register and do your first post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Also, make sure do check out the "Approved Vendors" section of the forum to find great daily and weekly deals.

We would like to send out a special thanks to all of our advertisers and approved vendors. Be sure to check out their sites and try them out.

UPDATE: Gold Leaf Botanicals is doing a special 10% off and I had posted it incorrectly. That coupon should is now changed to ILKforum15%.

We would like to throw a big thanks out to all the vendors on this forum for being so awesome and a very very special thanks to our Moderators.

~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Read More...
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Are Kratom withdrawals a big deal or similar to coffee?

Are Kratom withdrawals a big deal or similar to coffee? 3 weeks 3 days ago #50455

• Inglorious
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 43
What are some of the best places to get Akuamma? Im considering getting some of it for my taper/reset Im going to be starting tomorrow. Id like to have some Akuamma (how much would I need to have on hand, typically?) as well as stem and vein (for the tolerance reduction). If I could get both in one place that would obviously be ideal, but not necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Are Kratom withdrawals a big deal or similar to coffee? 4 months 1 day ago #47795

• TWJessie
  • Visitor

ToastOst1217 wrote: Kratom withdrawals are a very real thing for some people. Through my year long journey surviving on Kratom I’ve tried to stop three times and each time the w/d’s were pretty bad... My two cents is the opioid addicted brain, like mine, will experience heavy w/d’s. But for those of you whom have never been heavily addicted to opioids, the w/d’s aren’t that bad. I’m trying to stop again mainly because I don’t like the lack of full control when my monkey brain is addicted to something. If I don’t have it each morning I can’t function and that’s what I want to get away from. But I still want to use it on race days or ski days as the energy boost during extreme sports is fantastic. I’ve been in, and failed at, three detox programs trying to brake my every day Kratom habit. I’m fairly certain I could have succeeded but each time I “chose” not to... Monkey brain again! I need to get out of my own way.. But overall, Kratom got me off some very serious opiates & opioids giving me a chance to find normal again. So if at all possible avoid every day use as that will turn into an every day necessity.......

There we go with the "mileage may vary" thang. I was dependent on dilaudid for about a decade. Prescribed to control pain that my Dystonia causes. I was a heavy opioid user for a while and I don't get unmanageable withdrawals from daily use of kratom. I have gone on and off of it many times in the past due to tolerance issues. I am glad that good information is coming from a caring soul that does experience that from kratom. I am also aware that some experience worse issues than others when attempting to stop taking it. Extreme sports?! AWESOME!!! I wish I could do that!! If I wasn't trapped in this broken body, I'd be all over the slopes. I adore the mountains and going fast!

Are Kratom withdrawals a big deal or similar to coffee? 4 months 1 day ago #47791

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Sound and wise advice my friend !

For me personally , I take everyday for my chronic pain , doesn’t alleviate 100% of it , but consistently 70-80 .. sometimes 90% ... I agree that some folks will have a harder time stopping ,, ive only taken a couple days off twice ... helped tremendously to have akuamma on hand ...
I felt less energized but other WD symptoms were barely noticeable... thx to the African seed ! I suggest having that in hand when your wanting to stop your kratom use ... it’s wonderfully helpful !

But that doesn’t go without saying ... we all have our unique chemistry and will experience WD.s differently ..

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Are Kratom withdrawals a big deal or similar to coffee? 4 months 1 day ago #47779

• ToastOst1217
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Kratom withdrawals are a very real thing for some people. Through my year long journey surviving on Kratom I’ve tried to stop three times and each time the w/d’s were pretty bad... My two cents is the opioid addicted brain, like mine, will experience heavy w/d’s. But for those of you whom have never been heavily addicted to opioids, the w/d’s aren’t that bad. I’m trying to stop again mainly because I don’t like the lack of full control when my monkey brain is addicted to something. If I don’t have it each morning I can’t function and that’s what I want to get away from. But I still want to use it on race days or ski days as the energy boost during extreme sports is fantastic. I’ve been in, and failed at, three detox programs trying to brake my every day Kratom habit. I’m fairly certain I could have succeeded but each time I “chose” not to... Monkey brain again! I need to get out of my own way.. But overall, Kratom got me off some very serious opiates & opioids giving me a chance to find normal again. So if at all possible avoid every day use as that will turn into an every day necessity.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, TWJessie

Are Kratom withdrawals a big deal or similar to coffee? 4 months 2 days ago #47733

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2099
I'm finding that Javanica and Hirsuta can be valuable as both additions, and/or substitutes to Kratom. Stem and Veins works well with those two, as well as regular Kratom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, TWJessie

Are Kratom withdrawals a big deal or similar to coffee? 4 months 2 days ago #47725

• TWJessie
  • Visitor
For me, it is similar to coffee absolutely and only lasts a few days when supplementing adaptogenic herbs like Ashwaghanda and/or Rhodiola. Tapering makes it even easier. I have never been more than a 2 teaspoon a day user though.

Are Kratom withdrawals a big deal or similar to coffee? 1 year 1 month ago #37138

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8697
Indeed, BoMalley’s point about control is a huge difference from quitting addicting substances. Kratom is not so much addicting as it is a dependence issue. Mostly psychological but also physical.

The beauty is you will NOT BE INCLINED TO FAIL by the constant “urge” to use in the same way addicting substances like alcohol or opiates are enticing the ENTIRE TIME you are not ingesting.

Changing your THINKING while taking your TIME reducing use is very comforting for stopping kratom use. I also incorporate stem n vein as a tool during that phase of reduction and it helps.

I plan to acquire some alternative species of kratom soon to try using them as a tool in the process as well. Hirsuta and Javanica (I think) are close relatives of the kratom plant and I will post about my adventures using them as quitting tools as soon as I’m started.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, TWJessie

Last edit: by Laurie.

Are Kratom withdrawals a big deal or similar to coffee? 1 year 1 month ago #37134

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3777

The other symptoms I get when I stop are restlessness legs and anxiety.

Along with fatigue this has been my experience as well.

The nice thing is that if you WANT to come off Kratom you can control it yourself.

Every 3 days reduce the dose slightly.

Then when you feel ready, spread out the time between doses until one daily dose is eliminated altogether.

Over time you can get it down to a very low dose, maybe once or twice per day and then stop it.

BUT YOU CONTROL THIS PROCESS! Nobody else is telling you what you must do.
BEV

"Fewer faces and more spaces"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Last edit: by bomalley.

Are Kratom withdrawals a big deal or similar to coffee? 1 year 1 month ago #36983

• kratering
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 586
The amount of kratom that you are taking on a daily basis is average or probably below average. 6-7.5gpd is conservative.

Your question is a very controversial one. On Reddit the two major forums are r/kratom where everone loves kratom. The other r/quittingkratom is diametrically opposed. They talk about kratom as if its the devil's own drug.

The truth is probably in the middle. Most people just like Alcohol can moderate their Kratom Usage. But some just can't. It depends on the person. My personal experience with Kratom is that it's very easy to taper and quit.

I can't figure out how a person could become accustomed to large doses of Kratom and expect to quit Cold Turkey without experiencing discomfort. It just doesn't make sense. But some do.

One thing that I think about is that most people have a reason for taking it. They have a baseline mental state. For example, he was depressed when he began taking Kratom. A year down the line he decided to quit kratom. By that time he's forgotten his original baseline. So he posts on r/quitting kratom He's been so depressed since he quit kratom when will it end. The answer is never because all he did was revert to base.

Around 1 1/2 years ago I was around 18gpd and I quit really easily. For a week I cut my use in 1/2 every other day until I reached 2-3gpd. Stayed on this dose for a month. Quit on a Wed fine on Thu and Fri. Sat my body began aching and I took 2 advil. Pain went away and I was fine after that. Easier than quitting coffee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, TWJessie

Last edit: by kratering.

Are Kratom withdrawals a big deal or similar to coffee? 1 year 1 month ago #36982

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3859

As a side note the chuchuhuasi smelled and tasted like fresh cut sawdust. Does that sound normal for this herb?

Yes its tree bark. I have dosed just under 2 grams but I feel 2.5 grams might be better for me. I took almost 2 grams and found pain relief it is not Kratom but for a pulled muscle that happened as I was moving my clothes from my closet chuchhusasi was the right amount of pain relief. Lol maybe I might label it closet cleaning OK, carpet cleaning not as good.

I only get a runny nose when I do not take kratom. I usually do no take kratom on weekends at all. I do not wake up wanting it either. I have less pain when I am not at work so I take other botanicals or nothing. Sometimes I just function with certain amount of pain level(which I can't do at work)in that case I need to be able to get off my feet and stretch on the floor and complain to whoever is near me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, kratering, Tiggermanscrat

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds