Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.

TOPIC:

I enjoy the flavor. Am I the only one? 1 year 1 month ago #38860

• Userzero
  • Userzero's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Hi Laurie,

Iced tea with some lemon and sugar sounds like it would be very good. I enjoy steeping the crushed leaves in a very gentle rolling boil. I get a nice copper hue after about 25-30 minutes. I then pour the liquid off into a wicker tea strainer and sip the tea hot. Again, the taste was very nice. I don't necessarily associate bitter with being undesirable. In certain things such as grapefruit, beer, dark chocolate and some black teas, its a critical taste component which is very enjoyable. I'm finding the same to be true with kratom crushed leaf tea. Anyway, just my experience and thought I'd share.
BTW Tiggermanscrat- I have also had that numbing of the tongue sensation with certain strains. Odd experience.
"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers:
for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

-Hebrews 13:2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Userzero.

I enjoy the flavor. Am I the only one? 1 year 1 month ago #38835

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8770
I’m curious if you might agree that the “chemical” smell is from the sealing on the bags? I’m super sensitive to that smell on some vendors product and don’t notice it on others - yet everyone i purchase from provides a sturdy seal.

I had one vendor product I could not bring myself to taste the leaf more than once because it was so strong of a chemical smell. Other friends who had equally sealed bags were FINE with it and enjoyed the product?!

I thought my sense of smell is sensitive, but an entire group of locals spent a weekend online (NEXTDOOR) complaining about the smell of dryer sheets in the air! Talk about big problems!
Hahahaha

I practically had to be sedated to not suggest they GO OUTSIDE and take note: we live by the ocean!

Some people are seriously allergic/sensitive, too, so I’m very glad I’m just ABLE to smell onions someone else ate 8 hours ago! Haha. Fortunately I don’t become ill from it!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

I enjoy the flavor. Am I the only one? 1 year 1 month ago #38829

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 2037
As Michele mentioned earlier I also like the taste. :-bd

I’m trying, as Rob has already been doing, to see if I can determine type by taste.

Most have an earthy vegetable taste to me. I like adding it to my black coffee. It makes it taste like an energy drink.
There have been some that have a aspirin like - chemical taste. Some also cause numbing of the tongue.

I smell each of the batches I receive. Most have a good smell but I noticed some that have a chemical or ink smell that I don’t understand.

I need to do a more scientific study and document it. :-?
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Robie

I enjoy the flavor. Am I the only one? 1 year 1 month ago #38818

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Soon you can disguise it in yer Carl’s Jr. CBD burger!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

I enjoy the flavor. Am I the only one? 1 year 1 month ago #38817

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Welcome to the best kratom forum, jimbubba!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Robie

I enjoy the flavor. Am I the only one? 1 year 1 month ago #38805

• BaliDreamzzz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 178
Note to self: Decline any of Robie's BBQ Invitations... If his chicken tasted like Kratom I don't even want to know how his burgers taste..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie

I enjoy the flavor. Am I the only one? 1 year 1 month ago #38804

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1392
Good morning everyone. I love the taste. It's just like chicken!!!

Be blessed,

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

I enjoy the flavor. Am I the only one? 1 year 1 month ago #38802

• jimbubba
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I figured this out about a year ago. I mix two Tb of French Vanilla (or whatever I have) liquid coffee creamer with one packet of Splenda, my dose of Kratom (1 Tb - 10g), and 8 oz of water. It makes a really nice “shake” that goes down really easy. The fat in the coffee creamer and the extra sweetener are the key. Together, they completely mute out the bitter taste and texture of the kratom leaf. Depending on your personal dose, you may need to adjust the ratios, but just add more creamer or more sweetener until it is palatable. If you can’t taste the kratom at all, or it starts tasting like melted ice cream, just reduce the creamer or sweetener.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, kratering, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Robie, Barbie

I enjoy the flavor. Am I the only one? 1 year 1 month ago #38800

• BaliDreamzzz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 178
Ohhh nooo. My girl related the taste to eating cremated dead people. I either do caps or parachute it but if any leaks out onto my tongue I gag horribly. She ruined any chance of me enjoying the taste... :( but I really wish I enjoyed it, would make things a hell of a lot easier throughout the day. I always crack up when someone smiles right after toss and wash when its all in their teeth too. I guess it's the little things in life.

I enjoy the flavor. Am I the only one? 1 year 1 month ago #38799

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1767
I actually dont mind the taste, even become a connoisseur of sorts.
Its interesting when you learn how real stuff tastes to be able to identify how much stem is in it or if its real leaf.
Grapefruit juice.... the right kind.... actually makes it taste rather pleasant.
Thanks
Insense1
:-)

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds