Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.

TOPIC:

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 10 months 3 weeks ago #46002

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
I haven’t read much from there myself ... but that one really hit on the keep points for sure !!

Posted 4 years ago ....

Takes a village Laurie :x Def inspires me to read more of Paul’s blog articles !!..!!.. (L)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 10 months 3 weeks ago #46000

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9057
Oh yeah!! I’m so embarrassed! I completely forgot about the Facebook page for this forum! As seen on the link the activity is dated and I’ve wondered why the Facebook page never got busy....I’m kinda glad, but it is odd that it’s not enjoyed more. Perhaps because of the tone being aggressive..!

I had also forgotten about some of Paul’s magnificent work being THAT GOOD. Every time I read something from the blog, I wonder why I don’t read it more often!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 10 months 3 weeks ago #45992

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
I looked into this Laurie .. read the article I think Katrina was mentioning ... there are a few comments posted and somehow linked to Facebook... but There were a couple slightly aggressive comments made between some of the commenters… Some folks are just on their own trip, well we all are I guess but Some are on the more aggressive note ..
I’ll try to locate that and post the link !!

Maybe a little more than slightly aggressive... here’s one that may be the article Katrina is talking about ..idk ..
www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-news-blog/57-the-easies...addiction-to-opiates

I love this article Paul wrote... thank you Paul (L)

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 10 months 3 weeks ago #45986

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Hi Katrina B.!

Pardon my delayed reply. I waited a while to see if I could understand the issue more clearly, but time didn’t help. The BLOG is a separate portion of the website. It doesn’t have chat interaction (that I recall). I absolutely find hostility in other KRATOM related sites, so the only issue is to determine which part of the BLOG is connected to hostile discussion and FIX IT. If you can copy the link of the page you’re reading (the whole website link you’re using on your device), I can follow up with you much better!

That issue is a real problem in the community and I do my part to SNUFF IT OUT with kindness in my KRATOM related online ventures.

I’m so glad you found this environment for your journey. Would love an update on how you are feeling today. Hopefully kratom will be the perfect tool for evening out your self care toolbox to help compensate for our country’s FAIL(s).
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 10 months 3 weeks ago #45944

• Katrina B.
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 294
Thanks for the message Laurie. I appreciate all your thoughts and insight. I thought the link Jan gave out in the "Methadone and Kratom" thread, Opiates and Kratom, was in the I❤K blog. Im confused about the difference between the blog and forum. Author was Paul Kemp.

Hope you all have had a nice Thanksgiving and blessings to all in the Forum and Kratom trenches.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 10 months 3 weeks ago #45935

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Very much appreciate your perspective on the article slightly removed from the BLOGS (love the BLOGS. I read them all when I first arrived here).

Unfortunately the hostility issue is common and outright rampant in many of the alternative sites dedicated to kratom chat. It’s a shame!

The kratom society seems to have an element of extremely competitive and aggressive attitudes of self imposed challenge of “all knowing” and “I’m always right” about kratom. EDITED BY ADMIN

I’ve visited some similarly aggressive websites recently while lurking on other websites, and it really taught me to appreciate how warm and helpful the energy is here at ILK! What a special place!

Glad you’re reading that material, Katrina B!

The issue about packaging has only recently been taken more seriously as vendors make the switch to GMP compliance in unison. A lot of work goes into the packaging by many more vendors now! More improvements are coming! The industry has come a long way in a fairly short period of time - I still have ziplock sandwich bags with felt pen marker notes like, “GMD” and nothing else!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17, Katrina B.

Last edit: by Laurie.

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 10 months 3 weeks ago #45922

• Katrina B.
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you so much for your response Michelle. Very kind. I agree this forum is very lovely and family oriented. Everyone is supportive. I followed a link from here to the blog to an article on opiate addiction and Kratom and how you do it. One responder was very nasty and others took offense and were fighting with him. Name calling and very nasty. I stopped reading it. Probably no one has seen it. I thought maybe the blog has different rules than the forum. The article was good. I think it was under that methadone thread. One of the long time people gave out a link to the article.

And thanks for the info on packaging. Have not received many orders. Guess I jumped to conclusions.I will look into your referral and thanks for the sale code offer. Trying to stock up as much as I can and learning what I like. Not quite there yet. This bali makes me so tired. The Maeng da red I have doesnt do that, but thats capsules. Nice to have some when not home. Have quite a bit on order. All different kinds from the venders recommended here, that one of you said you liked. Powder too. Seems more popular

Have a nice Thanksgiving and thanks for reaching out. Very nice way to end the day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 10 months 3 weeks ago #45920

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4405
im glad tea works for you!

you really wont find hostility here. very family oriented. as far as 'fresh' most have good light blocking envelopes. in sense will even vacuum seal bags upon request. good if youre just stocking up and not using it right away! top extracts and natures cure both give you these cool screw on tubs.

if you have the patience, some recommend you keep a separate smaller bag of everyday opening product. and the 'bulk' of it sealed and stashed. repeat till you have to fill!

if you need crushed leaf re-leaf llc still has some on clearance. 50g for 8.50 is base price. plus discounts. I have an additional savings code if youre interested. their kratom is so good I have a small subscription every month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 10 months 3 weeks ago #45919

• Katrina B.
  • Expert Boarder
To clarify, the hostility was not by the author. By commentors. Thank you. Hate to see that. Glad its mellow over here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 10 months 3 weeks ago #45918

• Katrina B.
  • Expert Boarder
Ive heard in a scientific article when you smell the terpenes, whether its weed or Kratom,or whatever, thats the terpenes leaving the product. Why packaging is important dark and airtight. Packaging on Kratom doesent seem very advanced yet.

Happy Sunday to you too
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds