Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.

TOPIC:

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 7 months 6 days ago #45917

• Katrina B.
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 294
I noticed a lot of hostility on the I❤KRATOM BLOG at the link i followed for opiate dependence and kratom from this forum. The article was by Paul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 7 months 6 days ago #45916

• Katrina B.
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 294
I use the leaves because it seems like the least interference with the plant. Probably the original method. I drink lots of different teas and tisans(herbal)I make it just like regular loose tea. A cup a tea, strainer and one teaspoon of Kratom and steep 3 minutes.take out cup strainer add honey.
The steeping time was on the package of Kratom leaf. I put local honey in it as I do all my tea. It tastes lovely to me. Every one described it as awful tasting. Seems like there is something different about the leaves. I drank the tea in the morning and its still working on the pain at 5p. Bali leaves.
.Im new havent tried powder tea`yet. Just capsules whole. I like the tea very much, thanks for the interesting topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 7 months 1 week ago #45780

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4048
hey petlover!

glad you took the opportunity to introduce! ive been taking it less than a year so stories like this are fascinating to me!

now golds and chocolates and hazels oh my! you get to try so many different experiences now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 7 months 1 week ago #45774

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8761
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, Petlover64!

Love the username and the intro is uncommon.

Hope you find the simple basics remain unchanged! At the end of the day, it’s no more complicated now than when you got crushed leaf only.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 7 months 1 week ago #45773

• Petlover64
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Long time lurker but wanted ro add something here. When I first started my kratom experience, maybe 15 years ago, all that was avas available was plain old crushed leaf. Rhere were no colors, or areas, just crushed leaf kratom. It was common knowledge that you get your ziploc full of leaf, grind it in a coffee grinder and toss & wash. I used to pull the big stema & veins out and save them for emergencies. It would make a finer ground for toss & wash and a great backup to grind when times were lean. I witnessed the inteoduction of Bali, Thai & Mang Da, as well as fine grinding. After @ 5 years abstaining from kratom (can't really say why, life rolled like that), I return to find colors in green, white and red. I had to learn all over again. Si, that's MY kratom history lesson for today. I've often thought, recently, about picking up a coffee grinder and ordering some crushed leaf, just for old times sake.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 7 months 2 weeks ago #45557

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Sounds like you are exercising reasonable safety checks, roberts.

Better to make a mountain than find yourself a victim of improper product! I wish I had that restraint to smell it before gulping it down!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 7 months 2 weeks ago #45549

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 568

roberts wrote: Hmmm....OK, your points are valid, but I"m still not entirely comfortable with it. I totally agree that the aroma is more intense as the particles become smaller. I think my issue is that that the smell of the crushed leaves is DIFFERENT than that of the powder. If you held a bag of powdered kratom under my nose while I was blindfolded, I would be able to identify it.
Not so with the crushed leaves.
I thought the leaves would smell at least a little reminiscent of the powder, although perhaps not as strong. I've also tried crumbling them in my fingers, and it still doesn't really smell like kratom.
I feel like I"m making a mountain out of a molehill here. I guess I'd have felt reassured if a bunch of people chimed in and said "yeah, crushed leaves smell different".
I will go ahead and make some tea and see what the effects are. I think that deep down, my biggest concern when I smelled the crushed leaves was that I had been sold something other than kratom. But, as I mentioned, the vendor is one that is considered reputable, so I"m becoming more willing to consider what everyone here is saying.
I really appreciate the comments and also the kind vibes here. Some forums are full of hostility...

Hmm, yeah, I must've missed that the first go around. My crushed leaf smells like kratom, just not even close to the same nose burning level. You very well may have concern, but if you said a reputable dude, I'd wager to say it's all good in the hood. Feel free to send me some, I'll try it out, lol!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 7 months 2 weeks ago #45548

• roberts
  • roberts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hmmm....OK, your points are valid, but I"m still not entirely comfortable with it. I totally agree that the aroma is more intense as the particles become smaller. I think my issue is that that the smell of the crushed leaves is DIFFERENT than that of the powder. If you held a bag of powdered kratom under my nose while I was blindfolded, I would be able to identify it.
Not so with the crushed leaves.
I thought the leaves would smell at least a little reminiscent of the powder, although perhaps not as strong. I've also tried crumbling them in my fingers, and it still doesn't really smell like kratom.
I feel like I"m making a mountain out of a molehill here. I guess I'd have felt reassured if a bunch of people chimed in and said "yeah, crushed leaves smell different".
I will go ahead and make some tea and see what the effects are. I think that deep down, my biggest concern when I smelled the crushed leaves was that I had been sold something other than kratom. But, as I mentioned, the vendor is one that is considered reputable, so I"m becoming more willing to consider what everyone here is saying.
I really appreciate the comments and also the kind vibes here. Some forums are full of hostility...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, FusedFlora

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 7 months 2 weeks ago #45545

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Visitor
Oh contraire mofraire!!! Lol my pine log collection is getting to be quite respectable!!!

All sorts of factors might come into play about the intensity of smell flavor or the lack of ... freshness... curing .... and I would think that the terpenes / aromatics would be released upon grinding ... creating more intense smell and flavor ... I agree with Fused Flora about the coffee example , upon grinding the beams ... more fragrance and flavors released !!

Have you tried the leaf yet ...? How was it ?

Happy Sunday , and to all a great quality batch of kratom !!! (L)

Why does crushed leaf smell and taste different than powder? 7 months 2 weeks ago #45544

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Nobody has room for a decadent huge pine log, either! Hahahaha
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds