Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

tinted kratom 8 months 19 hours ago #48627

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9057
No need look it up. I absolutely believe you - I’ve heard the stories...it’s just been awhile since the quality of vendors has improved in recent years.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tinted kratom 8 months 19 hours ago #48626

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 597
oops double post....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by FusedFlora.

tinted kratom 8 months 19 hours ago #48625

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder

Laurie wrote: I read that whole post yesterday and didn’t see the part about magnesium. Weird!

I would appreciate having the magnesium in the powder - haha!

Yes, most folks wouldn't complain. Unfortunately, he/she wasn't using a good one to potentiate and it was just a filler to cut the powder. kratom is cheap enough already, was a questionable move to begin with. I'll look for the story.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

tinted kratom 8 months 21 hours ago #48621

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
I read that whole post yesterday and didn’t see the part about magnesium. Weird!

I would appreciate having the magnesium in the powder - haha!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

tinted kratom 8 months 22 hours ago #48618

• seven100
  • seven100's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 324
Thanks for your answer. This makes sense. It makes a lot more sense than what I guess I imagined was happening after kratom was harvested. For some reason I thought that the strains were related to the vein colors, but evidently not.

It's sort of the same as matcha, and black tea, and green tea all being made from the same plant, just cured in different ways to get different flavors or effects.

It is curious that I've never seen this before, but I am kind of a dedicated green enthusiast, so maybe I just haven't sampled enough reds.

I would take a picture, but I'm kind of a luddite. The quality would most likely be poor.

Thank you again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, FusedFlora

tinted kratom 8 months 1 day ago #48608

• FusedFlora
  • Gold Boarder

seven100 wrote: I've been a kratom consumer for a couple of years. Until recently I ordered everything from the same handful of vendors, but I've been trying to branch out a bit lately and try some new things. I got a product recently from a vendor who is well regarded here and elsewhere, so I think the product is fine, but the kratom has a reddish tint to it (it is a red strain). This isn't something I've seen before. All the kratom I have tried in the past (except for a red bent) has been some shade of green or another. This new powder is green, yes, but there's a decidedly red cast to the color. Is that natural?

I know that the veins of the leaves are sometimes different colors, but I would have thought that dried plant matter wouldn't really retain much of that color. Also, if the color comes from the stem and veins, well, I thought that stem and vein was sold as a different product.

I'm just curious. Is this something that I'm likely to run across often if I keep trying new vendors?

Red tinted powder is extremely common, I'm actually surprised you've not seen it earlier. Could you take a pic?

So, the drying process is what causes the changes in color of the leaves, the colors almost 95% of the time refer to the drying method rather than vein color (there's actually all vein colors on the same tree). For an over generalization, greens dry inside, whites inside and finished outside, and reds outside. Think of fall leaves, when off the tree and outside in the sun, they change to tannish red hues. Kratom is the same.

Most of the reds I've seen have this tint/hue, probably about 70% of reds.

Now add that it is rainy season. That said, it is difficult to give a red the sun it needs to completely change, so this time of the year often brings more greenish reds. Often, suppliers will lightly ferment reds to achieve more 7ohm (as something sacred said above) and slow the strain down, as most folks want reds to be slow and relaxing. This fermentation won't be over 3 days like what one would consider a bentuangie, but still has enough fermentation to vary the color. The drying process can be extremely varied from vendor to vendor, so even greens and whites could have large variations of color.

There was a vendor shut down for adding magnesium to kratom, but this created a bright orangish color. This would be extremely rare to find someone adulterating the kratom due to recent crack downs, and one could easily tell with changes to effects.

I would not be concerned. I would say just to find what works for you and enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, seven100, Tiggermanscrat, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by FusedFlora.

tinted kratom 8 months 1 day ago #48598

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Sorry, got distracted. It’s there now, Laurie
Laurie

tinted kratom 8 months 1 day ago #48597

• seven100
  • seven100's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 324
I haven't gotten anything yet, but I will keep checking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

tinted kratom 8 months 1 day ago #48595

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
When I scroll up from this thread, it’s already an option at the bottom of the list.
Laurie

tinted kratom 8 months 1 day ago #48596

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
When I scroll up from this thread, it’s already an option at the bottom of the list.
Laurie

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds