Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dosing 4 months 2 weeks ago #50831

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4393
hey misskitty!

its nice to have a gage on what works for others, but everyones reactions are so unique. im typically sensitive to all medicines, but not to kratom. go figure. ill admit I only weight new stuff I get in and write on the bag if its heavier or lighter. but most time 2g is a flat bakers teaspoon and im fine with that.as long as I rotate different strains and companies.

I can safely usually toss and wash up to about 4g. but it took a lot of practice to get there! anything more I had to dissolve. but I did a full reset in jan and glad to say now my dose is back to normal levels.

yet there are a few vendors I have to take less or the greens can send me napping. and a couple places I do love their strains so much that its worth taking 1/4 to 1/2 gram more to get desired effects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dosing 4 months 2 weeks ago #50825

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Away
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 1957
Good morning misskitty,

Sounds like Your one of the lucky ones that doesn’t need to take bigger amounts of leaf to get relief . If taking smaller doses works , that awesome ! This will help keep your tolerance down since you’ve started with small portions , and your supply will last a very long time comparatively to those of us that require more ... very cool !

Yes , folks take on average 3 gms per dose, me personally ... I take 4.5-5.5 gm per dose 4-5x a day . Been taking kratom everyday for 3 years, I was inspired to get off my meds because kratom gave me such amazing relief from depression, anxiety and chronic pain that was responsible for it . I started out at approximately 3 gms and soon after started taking around 5 gms .

Until recently , I always used a measuring tsp, then Rob from InSense/ Goldleaf Botanical gave me the push to get a scale , the cool thing is that I was able to confirm that I was taking the amount I thought I was taking , even a little less . Some powder takes up more or less volume in a tsp and that’s where a scale is handy to consistently take the same amount , and having comparison of various types for potency and effects of the leaf your taking .

Your method sounds great , if needing more you take more a hr later , good protocol! Don’t worry about what other folks take , we all have our unique chemistry, what works for you , does not work for another ...

I rarely make tea , some folks swear by it .
I’ve to have options for intake . Typically when making teas , more leaf is needed , takes experimenting to find the right amount that suits your needs . Start small , take more if needed .

This is a perfectly fine zone to post your thread B-) (L)

Stoked to have you here , please don’t hesitate to reach out about anything you are needing help with . Lots of amazing ILK vendors with awesome leaf , we are spoiled and blessed !!

Take care my friend
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaycee777, JimP

Dosing 4 months 2 weeks ago #50824

• jayisk
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 625
I use a baking teaspoon so its the same amount each time. Regular spoons can vary in size.
But yes I take a whole tsp at a time. I place it on my tongue then wash it done with a cup of water.
Have actually managed 2 tsp at once a few times just to get it over with quick.

Use whatever works for you. Thats great if you only need 1/4 or 1/2 tsp.
I use 1 to 2 tsp at a time depending on the vendor and quality of the kratom.
Funny kratom is the only substance that i've ever used less of.
I have always been the type to take higher dosages of everything.

Been using Laughing Lion and only need 1 tsp per dose when I first wake up. Then I take it a throughout the day as needed.
I mainly use it for my bad anxiety and depression.
It seems chronic pain users may need more. But again depends on the person.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by jayisk.

Dosing 4 months 2 weeks ago #50823

• Misskitty213
  • Misskitty213's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Newbie, hope I’m posting in the right place? I know it’s highly inaccurate but I use a small spoon to eyeball my dose. I measured once...1/4-1/2 teaspoon. I hear people recommending several grams 2-3 as a starting point so I weighed on my sensitive gram scale and my dosing comes up significantly shy of even 1 gram! Yet it consistently works for me. If I need more I wait an hour and take a bit more. I weighed out 3 grams of Maeng Da and it seemed like an incredibly large amount. As I have my own swish & swallow method, that would be near impossible to take. I’d have to do a tea. Are most folks really using that much?
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds