Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Long Term Users-Side Effects? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51210

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9120
Hope everything at home is safe and sound, good to see you here for practicing self care and helping other people get it going, too. My self care lagged for a few months, but giving it another go! Definitely nice to catch up with old friends after these traumatic events - happy safe 4th!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaycee777

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Long Term Users-Side Effects? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51209

• Kaycee777
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248

Laurie wrote: Welcome back to the forum, Kaycee777! I had to double check whether this is a dated post or what, when I saw your name. Cool!

Littlebear3, great example of the benefits of kratom in everyday life and how much it can help with keeping a level head while experiencing appropriate anxiety (for good reason).

I often find it helpful just KNOWING I have kratom on hand.

Hi Laurie.
Yes I am back and will be for a while. Some personal and family issues had distracted me from this, the absolute best kratom forum!! I hope you are doing and coping well during this COVID issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Long Term Users-Side Effects? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51177

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9120
Welcome back to the forum, Kaycee777! I had to double check whether this is a dated post or what, when I saw your name. Cool!

Littlebear3, great example of the benefits of kratom in everyday life and how much it can help with keeping a level head while experiencing appropriate anxiety (for good reason).

I often find it helpful just KNOWING I have kratom on hand.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaycee777, Richard65, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Laurie.

Long Term Users-Side Effects? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51167

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2121
One of the many awesome attributes with kratom , attentive motivational energy but grounded and relaxed at the same time, love this beautiful leaf , nothing quite like it .... I’m always happy to hear folks who benefit tremendously from kratom , with mindfulness and respect ... I feel this is a perfectly safe and benign herb that’s a major game changer . :) (L)
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Kaycee777, Richard65

Long Term Users-Side Effects? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51166

• Kaycee777
  • Gold Boarder
It’s not a silly story at all. What you so clearly describe as a calming energetic effect from kratom is exactly what I experience. It erases any agitation and worry. I am a much better version of myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Richard65, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Long Term Users-Side Effects? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51164

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 468
This is a good topic. I am pushing 70 and I worry a lot about my weakening body. But I have really relied on Kratom for both pain relief and managing depression. It is always helpful to hear other people's experience. I have taken anti-depressants (hope to stop soon) and a lot of nsaids for pain and kratom has helped me cut way back on both. My greatest fear is the FDA coming down against it.

But as others have said, this has been around for a long time. It seems the main issue is fear of addiction. But I take other meds that I cannot stop for health reasons, so I try to put this in perspective. I've been using it for just over a year. And on a personal life level it has been a really tough year of changes. Like the rest of the world, the pandemic and bad news adds to my overall struggle with staying positive. I don't always win the battle and have some bad days, but the lift I get from Kratom is far less harmful than using alcohol or just retreating.

Maybe if i was only 20 I would be a tad more concerned about the long term, but at my age, there isn't a whole lot of long term left. I choose to face it with a tool that can ease pain. I wish I had found Kratom a lot earlier, I think It would have helped me through some really bad crap.

One thing I love about it is how it both calms and stimulates. In the past, when something bad happened I would panic and not be able to think. With kratom, I can just do what needs to be done. No more panic and freaking out. Had my car stall out when leaving a clients house the other day. Initial thoughts were that I had been postponing getting triple A and what the hell do I do now. Then I took a breath, pulled out my iPhone and looked up mechanics near me. Bingo, an hour later I was on my way with a new battery, had a great experience with a nice mechanic that zipped over to me from a couple blocks away. No muss, no fuss. Also, in the brief moment of panic, I reserved a rental car just in case. All this action took place in a few minutes, I covered all my bases. Cancelled the rental, and that was it. Silly story, but it demonstrates the difference to me in how Kratom has helped me cope with stress in a way I couldn't before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Kaycee777, jayisk, Babel-17, Richard65, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Littlebear3. Reason: adding details

Long Term Users-Side Effects? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51163

• Kaycee777
  • Gold Boarder
Hi everyone. I have been quiet on this forum for a while, but thought the question of the risks of long term use of kratom was a good one, and one that I should weigh in on.
I have been enjoying the benefits of kratom for close to ten years off and on, but more on that off. I am 71 years old and never had a hint of negative effects from this amazing gift from our higher power. I have averaged 20-30 grams daily, divided in 3-4 doses. The only negative I have experienced is having tried lower grade leaf where the effects were negligible. I feel I am experienced enough to find quality kratom and am batting 850. Not bad eh?
So summing up, this amazing plant has served this old guy well for almost a decade. Just be smart and take breaks and stick to trusted suppliers only!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Richard65, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Kratom Australia

Last edit: by Kaycee777.

Long Term Users-Side Effects? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51155

• goshawk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 107
Well, I first started taking Kratom like 4 or 5 years ago.

Initially once or twice a week, then moving up to maybe 5 times a week. Not heavy doses, like 3 to 6 grams.

I was in a motorcycle accident last July and now use it daily. Never more than 20 grams in a day, actually closer to 10.

I have not personally felt any long term side effects other than my tolerance has of course built up.

Based on the method I use to ingest the Kratom, I have like a 10 gram max that keeps me from ingesting larger quantities. That is I mix my 5 to 10 gram amount in water, then add some bolthouse protein plus vanilla flavored drink and chuck it down. If I try to mix more than 10 grams in the same size of glass the old puking reflex kicks in so its a natural barrier to increasing my dose. I make to effort to change the size of the glass or develop new methods that would allow increasing my dosage. In other words I think the 10 gram barrier is a good thing.

Have not started taking kratom breaks yet but plan on adding that to my kratom protocol.

Actually might add some fasting to my diet regime and that is when I would of course pause from the kratom.

So just like coffee or other substance we take on a frequent bases, keeping within limits and developing healthy patterns is the key.

Pat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Kaycee777, Babel-17, Richard65, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Long Term Users-Side Effects? 4 months 4 weeks ago #51154

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2121
Hey Tummyachejake,

Welcome to ILK!!!!!!

Great to have you :)

There’s plenty of information out there and it’s hard to discern the legit from the speculation, I’m not a doctor , but from what I’ve gathered kratom can pose a problem if taking excessive amounts , talking quite a bit ! There’s a very rare occurrence where in the first few weeks of taking kratom some will have some jaundice symptoms and liver issues , this shows up early on and is quickly reversed when stopping consumption. Again ... very rare . As far as long term health goes , take care of yourself , hydrate like a champ and don’t go over board with taking the leaf ... what is over board for one might not be for another , so good to listen to your body and if concerned , get tested and or taper down and take reg breaks . I’ve been taking kratom everyday for 3 years .. aside from some constipation in the beginning .. few times , and some dehydration , both haven’t been a problem . I drink a lot of water , eat plenty of salad and fruit , and maintain below 30gm a day .

Hope others can chime in a shine some light on this as well.

The fact that for many laborers over the course of their life in Indonesia have utilized kratom safely and effectively without any known long term issues ... very reassuring for me .

Take care and look forward to seeing you around these parts !

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Kaycee777, Insense1, Babel-17, Richard65, Kratom Australia, goshawk

Long Term Users-Side Effects? 4 months 4 weeks ago #51146

• TummyAcheJake
  • TummyAcheJake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hello Everyone. New here so forgive me if I’m starting a topic that has been discussed.

I have been dosing with the regular leaf powder 3 times a day for over 3 years. At this time, I don’t notice any long Term side effects. Except for sometimes peeing a lot after dosing and the usual effects after taking too much.

But I was wondering, from daily users taking the powder 3 years or more if they have noticed serious health side effects? I have read that long term usage can cause liver and kidney damage and I don’t have any idea of how common that is. Curious to hear from you, thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Kaycee777, Insense1, Richard65, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Kratom Australia

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds