Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
General discussion regarding Plain Leaf Kratom, Opinions, Questions and Experiences. Or feel free to talk about your favorite kind of Plain Leaf Kratom.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New to Kratom, need advice. 3 months 3 weeks ago #51250

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9075
Congratulations on taking steps toward freedom as we celebrate our remaining freedom as a country. By this time next year, you’ll have forgotten how hard this was.

In my experience, that fear is also inspired from natural anxiety spikes resulting from cutting opiates. It’s one of the most misunderstood and influential symptoms of withdrawal. It IS NOT based on the reality and it might help to remind yourself that you are pushing forward despite the emotional roller coaster of quitting opiates. The brain says to “take your pills!”
Hopefully you found lots of comfort here with all the super advice provided before my comments on anxiety.
All emotions have been blocked, so try to ride the malfunctioning emotions out because running from uncomfortable emotions is very influential to folks quitting opiates and they are harmless but uncomfortable. They are not real and no response is required.

Sorry if you already knew all this. I just wanna offer the reminder to help assure you that you’re going in the right direction!

SomethingSacred and Michelle373 know their stuff, too! It’s all good! Michelle373 I’m loving this comment, “or is it Tia”? LMFAO! You always have a good bit of dry humor as a side dish! Totally fun! Hugs hugs hugs

I hope you’ll post updates on your progress! Your updates will be of help to people not yet as far along as you.

Totally kewl, Jay9!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Laurie.

New to Kratom, need advice. 3 months 3 weeks ago #51246

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Pizza and kratom ?
  • Thank you received: 2014
Hello and welcome back o the ILK community Jay9,

1 tsp might be to small of a amount to help with the craving of a opiate .....

The best you can ask for while transitioning from opiates to kratom is majorly lowered Wd , lowered craving and feeling more balanced / normal than not ...

Michele gave great suggestions ,

While transitioning I’d be loose and not so worried about frequency of leaf intake ...

Perhaps taking 2tsp approx 4-6 gms and wait till your feeing uncomfortable and take another 1-2 tsp ....every 3-4 hrs ...

We don’t know your history of substance so it’s hard to know what to suggest ... but when feeling WD and craving , taking 2-3 or more gms every few hrs should help tremendously.

Make sure you have plenty of quality leaf on hand while making this transition.

Kratom is a miraculous herb and very beneficial for those getting of meds or opiates in general .

Also , Kratom can vary as far as taste and palatability goes , for the more bitter kinds , I’d recommend putting in a small amount of juice or water and chase it with some more juice or water . As your body recognizes what it does , it might start to lesson the Nar Nar flavor.

Please let us know if you having any questions, we are here to support you as best as we can .

Congratulations on changing paths and choosing this lovely leaf , major game changer !

Remember to stay hydrated , and only take enough leaf to help alleviate your WD symptoms .... as time goes on you’ll get more of the wider spectrum of benefits that kratom has to offer .

We are here for you , at questions , please don’t hesitate!

Brandon
Life is better with kratom !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, michele373

New to Kratom, need advice. 3 months 3 weeks ago #51241

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4423
oh and im sorry major component of your question. with smaller doses most of us do what they call toss and wash. it can take some practice but its a very direct way. you feel it faster and all you need is liquid of choice to wash it down with.

take a sip, keep the liquid on your mouth. dump in the powder (from like on a piece of paper creased down the middle, or a business card, spoon, container, whichever )and when the powder hits in the center, swallow. or some take a small swig after the powder. you taste it a little, but not much. the object is to encapsulate the powder inside the liquid and swallow it.

OR some dissolve the kratom in juice, let it sit 10 min or so so it does dissolve, white grapefruit, OJ, chocolate milk, or any good quality juice works best.

some use capsules, but i dont recommend that just yet, cause you are still gaging your average dose, and it takes at least a half an hour to feel anything. and the relief wont be as strong.

some parachute it ( oblate discs ) but that can be similar to capsules

and of course tea, if that works best for you, go for it! but making it with crushed leaf instead of powder may be easier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

New to Kratom, need advice. 3 months 3 weeks ago #51239

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4423
hey jay! or is it tia?

either way you came to the right place. please dont believe the propaganda from gooble searches.

i would use the search here look up opioid withdrawal or pill or the like. my husband got off suboxone thanks to kratom. it is a miracle plant.

anyways, right down to it! did you get just one strain or more? im guessing super indo is typically green.

which is good if you need mood boost, with some pain relief. if you need stronger pain relief i recommend a red strain. or maybe a gold. but everyone reacts differently.

this being a holiday weekend, work with what you have/ do the best you can. 1 flat bakers teaspoon is typically around 2g. good starter dose to judge how your body reacts, but im guessing you may need a little more. take 1 and a half and see how you feel. if that doesnt do enough try 2 teaspoons. it very much is trial and error.

no matter what its going to take time for your body to adjust, and it might take a little while for cravings to stop.but you can do it when you put your mind to it!

you can safely take kratom every 4 hrs. once a day will not do enough IMO.

if you were taking the pills for chronic pain i do recommend getting in even a small order in to have it by tues or wed lets say. red bali, hulu, borneo, sumatra.. all great for pain relief.. BUT can be sedating for some. maeng da and horn can be better for day time. for most. OR a gold typically are great for day pain and mellow energy.

in sense/ gold leaf has a 3oz sample pack with shipping thats very reasonable. they take online orders ( with CC ) but they even answer their phone. they just cant give medical advice ( i want a strain that does this ) but you can dance around it. comforting mellow aroma ect..

there are many other natural herbs that help with pain, anxiety ect. akuamma is a go to of mine for pain. i take it with kratom. corydalis or skullcap for night.

welcome, and please ask away!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

New to Kratom, need advice. 3 months 3 weeks ago #51238

• Jay9
  • Jay9's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey, new here and to Kratom.
Dealing with a prescription opioid addiction and I was told about this. I ordered from Kraken Kratom and got a strain called super indo, a powder.
I'm finding it hard to consume, making it into a tea seems to be the most bearable route. I've been taking 1tsp once a day out of fear of what I'm seeing online about this stuff (fear from a pill head, crazy right?) Just not sure if I'm taking enough as it's helping with physical withdrawal but I'm still craving heavy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Last edit: by Jay9.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds