07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Vendor Reviews
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Laughing Lion -- Not Recommended

Laughing Lion -- Not Recommended 6 months 1 day ago #32889

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 4235
I got a Red Ketapang sampler from them yesterday and it’s lovely and quite helpful. But. Maybe you should put those aside and wait a few months. Metabolism is weird. I wouldn’t appreciate such negative feedback simply because it’s not for you. Not EVERY BATCH is going to do it. I found that post a bit harsh and unhelpful. Can’t you just say that it didn’t work for YOUR METABOLISM TODAY?! They wouldn’t be so successful if they were selling alkaloid-free products.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donut, PhillyCheeze

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Laughing Lion -- Not Recommended 6 months 1 day ago #32892

• Thefrogshateme
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 671

PhillyCheeze wrote:

Thefrogshateme wrote: I'm sorry for my noobish comment but isn't this the compound that you get stimulation from? Is it the lack of this compound that has anything to do with effects?

If you read this entire thread, including Laughing Lion's response, I think things will make more sense.
LOL. So you noticed I read his first sentence and said "nope" and posted. I went back and read and I understand
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, PhillyCheeze

Laughing Lion -- Not Recommended 6 months 23 hours ago #32893

• PhillyCheeze
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 350
Ha. It was a guess on my part. :)

But it's the exact reason why I asked LL if it was a good idea to have that on their site. People are going to misunderstand......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Laughing Lion -- Not Recommended 5 months 3 weeks ago #32977

• Donut
  • Donut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 133
You're right, Laurie. I could have been more diplomatic. I posted during a bad time with pain, low energy, anxiety, and a number of priorities that had to be completed to meet legal deadlines. I was hopeful that something in one of the ten ounces I purchased would help, but nothing did. I tried them all over a two week week period. I'm open to considering the possibility that my metabolism was off during those two weeks due to stress, but I've not experienced anything like that before. I'm happy to read that LL's products are helpful to you and others; and I appreciate their focus on customer satisfaction. Bottom line, if it works for you, that's all that matters.

Last edit: by Donut.

Laughing Lion -- Not Recommended 5 months 3 weeks ago #32983

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 4235
No worries, Donut. I hope you’ve since found helpful product.

I’ve definitely got a lot more than 10 ounces of seemingly useless kratom here, and I’ve had WEEKS where everything I try is useless. I keep increasing my dosage, higher and higher, add freaking extract...STILL NUTHIN. It’s a very frustrating phenomenon.

After these weeks of useless kratom use, suddenly a 1/2 tsp is like the best kratom ever?! Usually I figure that out after an unconsensual nap (from thinking my tolerance is the problem).

Hope you’re finding adequate relief from SOMETHING on hand. Betcha they’ll trade you for alternative product or a credit for future shopping (to give metabolism a break from those alkaloids that aren’t working for you). Nobody said kratom is EASY. It is a lot of work to manage our health with this plant. Fortunately, the rewards are fruitful. Constant trial and error is expensive and time consuming and somewhat like throwing darts. Some days I can’t get anything to even stick to the board!
Hugs from your humble “facilitator” ;-)
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Laughing Lion -- Not Recommended 4 months 2 weeks ago #33795

• CrayDumb
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 74
Okay, I'm quite confused.

So I received two strains from laughinglion.

1. Red Benteguine - this was actually really great and i planned on buying more quantity.

2. free sample - colorado sunrise - absolutely no effects whatsoever.

now, i did more research on laughing lion and not only stumbled upon this thread, but this whole thread on reddit smearing the company about how bad it is

www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/5a6o59/...ing_lion_is_no_good/

They go in on the owner Matt and how he has scammed people. There is a whole thread of several people saying this, not just an isolated incident of one person. I'm conflicted because I received a great strain from them (and one bad one also, but that's the name of the game- guess and check). Their shipping was fast and i haven't had a problem with them, but this thread as well as the reddit thread posted causes much concern.

Laughing Lion -- Not Recommended 4 months 2 weeks ago #33801

• LaughingLionHerbs
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 161
Hi there @CrayDumb, if you read above you'll see previous responses and even Laurie's responses. First to the strain question, the new Sunrise blend is quickly becoming one of our most popular strains. Just means that it's not one that's compatible with your particular body chemistry most likely, but we have sold hundreds and hundreds of orders of it and it's getting rave reviews. I'd be more than happy to replace anything you don't care for (see our iron-clad satisfaction guarantee!)

In regards to the post you found, there are a few negative reviews from over 2 years ago that all happened because I made the mistake of trusting a Kratom vendor who would drop ship for me when I first opened my business over 3 years ago. I started with no money to my name and couldn't afford to buy the kratom to sell it so I took orders on a website and someone I thought was trustworthy was going to drop ship my orders for me when I sold them. This person/company did in fact ship orders but often would take days and days to ship if ever and when someone would complain they'd say "oh it shipped the day you ordered it" but what they were doing was creating the labels but not actually shipping till days later. Every single customer this happened to (maybe 20-30 orders in total because they did send most of the orders) was contacted and I either refunded their money PLUS sent the product or I would send them more kratom as an apology once I figured out what was happening (only a couple weeks into the process). From that moment on I figured out that I had to do my own order processing and couldn't trust that someone else would treat my customers the way I wanted to treat them. I accepted full responsibility for the issues always making it right with the customers who had issues. Even though it was never done with ill intent, I had to learn some hard lessons about the Kratom industry and business in general. (Don't we all love learning curves!)

I found a way to start getting kratom from Indonesia and created a partnership with a couple amazing suppliers over there who I still buy from today. They trusted me by sending me kratom without having to pay for it and once I sold it, I'd pay them back. This created an amazing trust relationship that has grown from a few dozen customers to now over 6,000 customers! We now have a half dozen staff members and are in the process of opening our second brick and mortar store in Colorado Springs.

You can view our Google Reviews by searching our name and you'll see we have an almost perfect rating of 4.8 stars and 113 reviews (as of the time I write this message). Same on our Facebook page as we have incredible reviews there.

The Reddit forums you linked to and a couple others were the result of a couple customers upset who complained and even though we fixed the issue and replaced or refunded like I said above, some trolls decided to try and take us out because we were underselling them and their customers were coming to us instead. They played dirty and tried to badmouth us.

I've always admitted I made mistakes but they were done out of complete ignorance and not out of malice or ill will. Anytime I or my team ever makes a mistake we always make it right! That's why we offer the 100% money back guarantee. If you aren't happy with the sunrise blend I'm more than happy to replace it for you!

Anyway, I hope this helps you understand a little more about what happened and ease any concerns you may have :)

You can always contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. directly as well!

Blessings in the New Year!

Matt Frank
Check out the "Best Kratom in the Rockies" at Laughing Lion Herbs by Nature's Herbs (Approved Vendor)
www.LaughingLionHerbs.com

1-888-89-Kratom - M-F 10am-4pm Mountain Time
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Laughing Lion -- Not Recommended 4 months 1 week ago #33837

• CrayDumb
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 74

LaughingLionHerbs wrote: Hi there @CrayDumb, if you read above you'll see previous responses and even Laurie's responses. First to the strain question, the new Sunrise blend is quickly becoming one of our most popular strains. Just means that it's not one that's compatible with your particular body chemistry most likely, but we have sold hundreds and hundreds of orders of it and it's getting rave reviews. I'd be more than happy to replace anything you don't care for (see our iron-clad satisfaction guarantee!)

In regards to the post you found, there are a few negative reviews from over 2 years ago that all happened because I made the mistake of trusting a Kratom vendor who would drop ship for me when I first opened my business over 3 years ago. I started with no money to my name and couldn't afford to buy the kratom to sell it so I took orders on a website and someone I thought was trustworthy was going to drop ship my orders for me when I sold them. This person/company did in fact ship orders but often would take days and days to ship if ever and when someone would complain they'd say "oh it shipped the day you ordered it" but what they were doing was creating the labels but not actually shipping till days later. Every single customer this happened to (maybe 20-30 orders in total because they did send most of the orders) was contacted and I either refunded their money PLUS sent the product or I would send them more kratom as an apology once I figured out what was happening (only a couple weeks into the process). From that moment on I figured out that I had to do my own order processing and couldn't trust that someone else would treat my customers the way I wanted to treat them. I accepted full responsibility for the issues always making it right with the customers who had issues. Even though it was never done with ill intent, I had to learn some hard lessons about the Kratom industry and business in general. (Don't we all love learning curves!)

I found a way to start getting kratom from Indonesia and created a partnership with a couple amazing suppliers over there who I still buy from today. They trusted me by sending me kratom without having to pay for it and once I sold it, I'd pay them back. This created an amazing trust relationship that has grown from a few dozen customers to now over 6,000 customers! We now have a half dozen staff members and are in the process of opening our second brick and mortar store in Colorado Springs.

You can view our Google Reviews by searching our name and you'll see we have an almost perfect rating of 4.8 stars and 113 reviews (as of the time I write this message). Same on our Facebook page as we have incredible reviews there.

The Reddit forums you linked to and a couple others were the result of a couple customers upset who complained and even though we fixed the issue and replaced or refunded like I said above, some trolls decided to try and take us out because we were underselling them and their customers were coming to us instead. They played dirty and tried to badmouth us.

I've always admitted I made mistakes but they were done out of complete ignorance and not out of malice or ill will. Anytime I or my team ever makes a mistake we always make it right! That's why we offer the 100% money back guarantee. If you aren't happy with the sunrise blend I'm more than happy to replace it for you!

Anyway, I hope this helps you understand a little more about what happened and ease any concerns you may have :)

You can always contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. directly as well!

Blessings in the New Year!

Matt Frank

you've sold me on your integrity.

As I've said, I have only tried two of your strains and one of them was probably the best i've recently tried, so i'm not saying that you're illegitimate, i was just genuinely curious why you've got so much controversy when that wasn't exactly my experience.

Thanks for going above and beyond to clarify that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Laughing Lion -- Not Recommended 4 months 15 hours ago #34152

• Puggs20
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
There is this guy on youtube. 2 cents or something like that. He gave them a pretty good review. Made me want to try. To me it's like weed. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it's not so great, comes with nature.

Laughing Lion -- Not Recommended 3 months 2 weeks ago #34438

• Falcor808
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
As a customer I'm a very satisfied with Laughing Lion herbs. They have good products at a decent price and fast shipping. Thank you LLH

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds