07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Vendor Reviews
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Quality Vendor recommendations for cheap sampling

Quality Vendor recommendations for cheap sampling 2 months 2 weeks ago #34353

• Jazzfan1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 353
Efhunter, Stem and vein is often very hard to find. When I find it for a great price. I go out of my way to pick some up. Nothing extravagant . I just ordered 100grams to keep on hand in my Kratom rotation storage. Basically, saving it for rainy day or like Nan70 said it is good for covering other alkaloids that will effect different receptors and giving you another option in your Kratom tool kit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Efhunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Quality Vendor recommendations for cheap sampling 2 months 2 weeks ago #34354

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 3254
Stem n vein is very helpful for getting tolerance level reduced without giving up kratom entirely. I use it IN PLACE OF my regular dose for as many days as I can mentally stand. It really helps me use less product after a good 24-48 hours of just stem n vein.

It’s very unique. Never seen two that look the same. Some are less helpful and possibly not true stem n vein. It costs more than powder! Many vendors don’t carry it or bother listing it for sale, because it sells by folks ASKING for it. It’s a nice addition to any zombie apocalypse prepping kratom stash.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jazzfan1, Efhunter

Quality Vendor recommendations for cheap sampling 2 months 2 weeks ago #34357

• Efhunter
  • Efhunter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Oh that's great info. I noticed the sedative effects on most of those red strains and assume I'm going to have to order both as well. I get sleepy with mild things like Benadryl and Bentyl.

I'm dealing with osteoarthritis and disk problems as well as pain in my joints/hips and severe muscle spasms. I really want off the muscle relaxers and nsaids and to get enough relief to not go back to a pain clinic. Any particular recommendations on the green strains? I read they aren't usually as good for pain but I'm definitely in the market for whatever helps me drive and sit/stand/walk without pain. I used pain pills almost every day for several years and it's way worse in the day while I have to be active and alert. Seems people don't quite agree on the Green recommendations like they do red. I'm definitely going to try several though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Quality Vendor recommendations for cheap sampling 2 months 2 weeks ago #34358

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1850
I have two Reds I can take during the day. Red Hulu from Insense and a Red Maend Da. But kratom is very subjective so recommendations should be taken lightly.
Greens are more potent for me and my metabolism for some reason I always take at least a half gram less than Reds. I will list the greens I take that also works for pain management. Works for me might not work for you. You learn kratom varies from season to season and vendor to vendor but mostly I have a selection that is working. These may or may not be available, some sell out.
Green Thai/ Green Hulu - Insense Botanicals Green Raiu - Goldleaf
Green Phenotype - Re-leaf LLC.
Green Borneo - Pa Botanicals
Green Zareena - Socal Herbals
Green Ketapang - sample unknown vendor

Also Gold Bali from Canopy.

Some Green Malays are not great pain relievers, its duration issue with me, I tried from a few vendors. I have one that I use on "better days" very good stress reliever though.
I find I do not have luck with Green Maeng Da, Any Super Greens, or Elephant strains

Green Zareena I picked up smaller sizes throughout the year from Socal and it seems to always work for me, it sells out very quickly.

Reddit no longer allows vendor talk you are reading older threads. Gaia recently relaunched as Mitragaia. I tried samples awhile ago, was fine but nothing to make me change my usual vendors.

I no longer take take NSAIDs, even before Kratom I stopped.
Often not talked about but Kratom has excellent anti inflammatory properties, but like other anti inflammatory herbs its take 4 to 6 weeks for the benefits to fully kick in, like turmeric.(maybe greens for pain would be a great start at least two weeks after using Reds)
I take turmeric with each Kratom dose , also ginger and Moringa daily.

About muscle relaxers, I find even with Red Kratom you will not feel that zombie like take over. Only Red Bentaungie comes close to feeling that sedated.
Same with me on Benadryl I will dose off drooling on the sofa. Kratom does not work like that. Laurie's advice start low doses to find that sweet spot.

I do not know how much info you have. I can link you the Kratom guide 101 if you need.
If you decided how to take the powder or if you will order capsules?

My tips are
Scale for accurate dosing
read up on digestion health/constipation issues
You need to stay hydrated with kratom.

Basically I started with two red strains Borneo and Bali, when I found success with these I invested $75.00 in samples and built a working collection just under $250.00 for the year. I dose 1.7 grams greens and 2.4 Reds.

Welcome to the forum and ask any questions you need and hope you find successful pain management from all this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, lovesoftie, Jazzfan1

Quality Vendor recommendations for cheap sampling 2 months 2 weeks ago #34359

• Efhunter
  • Efhunter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I found the 101 guide. I think I've decided to do powder basically because it's economical and price is an issue at the moment. If I can hide it in my yogurt, I will do that for sure. Otherwise, might look into this diy capsule method others mentioned.

You're a fountain of info. Thank you so much. I assume it's about like antidepressants and pain meds, but I figure it's worth a shot to use a starting point others find relief with. I will try more until something works. Thanks for the dosing info. I assumed a low starting dose was around 2-3g from what I have read. I probably would have started too high.

I'm a little familiar with the digestive problems after so many years on hydrocodone, but is this worse? I'm going to check into the other supplements as well. I've heard of turmeric but wasn't convinced enough to try ditching Meloxicam for that alone.

Quality Vendor recommendations for cheap sampling 2 months 2 weeks ago #34362

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1850
My turmeric ramble-

I have more history with different NSAIDS than I do with pain meds. With pain meds they never provided me with ability to function so I have opted for, over a decade, of spinal cortisone injections. It took me awhile to learn this should not be a treatment for chronic pain I am glad I finally stopped before adverse permanent effects. The best NSAID I ever tried was Bextra which was taken off the market. Now they do very little for me except mucus in my stools.

Turmeric/ curcumin. Finding a good quality brand is much like searching for quality kratom. Not all turmeric is created equal, So going to your local drug store and grabbbing from the shelf won't do much.
I do recommend giving turmeric a shot. It will not provide much relief right away it will take 4 to 6 weeks to build the anti inflammatory properties to start to replace the prescription meds. Turmeric also is not easily absorbed so it needs to be taken with food, healthy fats are best. Pepper also helps with absorption. When selecting a turmeric supplement you want at least 1200mg with BioPerine (black pepper).
I have been buying the powder from local paki/indo shops but had some quality issues(when my fav brand was sold out) and went back to Amazon and bought Now organic powder. The price difference though $5 compared to $14 but at least its a one pound bag.
Currently I put the powder in with my Kratom powder about 2 grams and a pinch of pepper. I also boil turmeric with my green tea and fresh ginger every night. I take about 6 grams of turmeric daily.

My daily battle is dealing with inflammation with no space and scar tissue at the L-5 - S-1 and the L-5- L-4 levels my body is always trying to send inflammation there to remind me my lower back is messed up. No disc space creates muscle soreness so staying on my feet was a problem. If I slack on managing inflammation nerve pain will kick my butt.
I have to say adding Kratom over a year ago got me back to work, its not just simply pain relief its the ability to function during the day.

I feel digestive issue can be worked out. I experienced no constipation but I also take low doses.

Kratom has a learning curve if you want to have control of your own pain management, be free from signing forms and doctors offices is well worth it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, lovesoftie

Quality Vendor recommendations for cheap sampling 2 months 2 weeks ago #34427

• charlesmoore
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
Coastline Kratom sent me a free Ounce of some red when I first ordered from them.

Quality Vendor recommendations for cheap sampling 2 months 2 weeks ago #34428

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
ILK vendors do that, too. :-)

Sometimes ya gotta ask. Most do it all the time for repeat customers IF times are smooth. This past holiday season was a dollar stretching headache which costed everyone more, from the farmers to the retail customer.

Times are better now, maybe mention ILK vendors now and then...?

Nothing personal, Charles. It’s a trend recently to post about non-ILK vendors here....not sure why the need to continually overlook the vendors providing this forum...
Laurie

Quality Vendor recommendations for cheap sampling 2 months 1 week ago #34506

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3277
Efhunter

I have often shared this chart here on ILK.

It is confusing at first and you WILL order strains that do not work for you. There is no getting around that as it is a big experiment.

BUT this might help you get started.

I use several vendors to keep my cupboard full as not all vendors carry all types. It does take a while to get that sorted out.

I hope these can get you started...I cannot recommend vendors since I am in Canada and do not purchase from the US at all.

Just in regards to inflammation, I use Boswellia Serrata and have found it has helped with that tremendously. I also follow a fairly aggressive anti-inflmatory diet.

It is my view that efforts to reduce inflammation naturally are wasted unless the diet is also changed.

ALL natural therapies work best when the body is superlatively nourished.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, lovesoftie, jayisk, Efhunter

Last edit: by bomalley.

Quality Vendor recommendations for cheap sampling 2 months 1 week ago #34508

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Nice to see you back, BoMalley! Hey, you can choose a new avatar in PROFILE then EDIT. But I tried a photo and it was very distorted. So maybe you can teach me how you got photos to work as avatars!?
Laurie

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds