07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Vendor Reviews
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: *FOMO Warning* Gold Leaf Botanicals Kx

*FOMO Warning* Gold Leaf Botanicals Kx 3 weeks 1 day ago #45594

• Babel-17
  • Babel-17's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1183
This is something of a placeholder thread and I think I have a long ways to go before my opinion will firm up regarding this blend. Sibling outfit In Sense offers their Plantation grown version of this, and I have a sample that is likely arriving by the weekend, so I guess that will deserve at least a mention here.

It's their priciest Kratom, but they generously allow it to be included in the sample packs at the regular price for those.

Description
Kratom Variety: Kx, Premium Blend
Harvested from: Indonesia
Description: A Clear mix of different amounts of 2 different types of Kratom with a 3.0 alkaloid content, mixed with Shilajit and Ipurosa, Which in turn brings such a completely different aroma than regular Kratom that makes it Unique with its own natural properties.

OK, the power of suggestion can be a powerful thing, and the names used for strains reinforces that idea (lol, Technicolor Bali), so maybe my knowing in advance of the two exotic (sexy?) added ingredients may have set me up to look for certain effects. Naturally I looked them both up, and I've been curious about Shilajit for years anyway.

OK, in a nutshell, this is powerful, long lasting, uplifting, and soothing. I think the Ipurosa is lending extra weight to the soothing action, and it's also adding something somewhat novel to the Kratom experience.

No downside to this except for I don't think it will work for everybody who need a good sized amount of Kratom so as to deal with pain and inflammation. The novel effect of the Ipurosa, in high amounts, could enhance the tendency of high amounts of strong Kratom to induce the wobbles.

I'm finding the Kx to have a bit of a quasi hypnotic effect, something that would lend to relaxation or even a bit of being able to appreciate the mystical aspects of life, if you're inclined to thinking along those lines.

I think a normal dose would be fine for everyone if they were ready to enjoy the something extra. But a half dose as a first try might allow one to better analyze how it was working out.

This would work well with a Hulu or anything that was mood boosting or energizing. This doesn't get you wired. It would go well with coffee, or an herbal tea.

It almost has me feeling like I took something other than Kratom, something nice. I don't want to engage in druggie speak (though that was once a second language, lol), but when I read of people talking of micro dosing stuff like mushrooms, I think they're talking of an effect somewhat similar to some of what this Kx offers.

This is a very nice boutique, connoisseur worthy, kind of Kratom. It might not ever be your go to for getting ready to work a marathon shift, or to ease your aches and pains afterwards. But it could work with, or around, whatever one took for those situations.

Lol, it just now occurred to me that this would be extremely interesting for binge watching Netflix. ;)

I took 500 mg. of this, and 250 mg. of Stem and Vein, before going to the gym today, and just a while ago I took the same amount of Super Green Malay. This has been shaping up to be period of cycling through everything in my inventory, so I'm taking less, but a bit more frequently.

Since I wouldn't be taking it back to back I think I will try it again as my final/fourth serving of the day. My aches and pains would benefit from taking more but I figured I'd go for the double benefit of A)Taking less allowing me take more servings and notice their effects better, and B)A week or two of lower amounts is never a bad idea, as long as the reduction in help with pain and inflammation is manageable.

Off topic: And that's part of why my KFF (Kratom Free Friday) is on a sabbatical. I'm taking Kratom seven days a week, but at a lesser weekly total than when I was taking Fridays off (lol, I write down every serving in my supplement journal). If/when I bump my daily intake back up then I might start KFF for me back up again. Though that thread is available to anyone who wants to add to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Babel-17.

*FOMO Warning* Gold Leaf Botanicals Kx 3 weeks 1 day ago #45595

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2836
babel!

you so eloquently expressed some of my similar feelings of awesomeness of this strain. it had in itself motivated me to take their shilajit daily (I get the one with higher fluvic acid). I didn't even know about the 'special blend' of kratom. just that it worked for me. I do take kratom for pain management and this blend worked quite well. then again I agree maybe with a faster strain or energetic green would be so nice! or maybe a red horn hmmmmm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

*FOMO Warning* Gold Leaf Botanicals Kx 3 weeks 1 day ago #45596

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Good to hear! I can't complain about it's ability to reduce pain and inflammation, I felt/feel good! I wanted to express my hunch that using large amounts for pain reduction, like you might with a Red Bentaguie or Red Malay, might put one into the Wobbles Zone* due to it's additional properties.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

*FOMO Warning* Gold Leaf Botanicals Kx 3 weeks 1 day ago #45599

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3963
I love kratom !! Lol

Babel .. the kx blend is special .... definitely some great mix to have in hand , and I agree with Michele... you have a eloquent way of articulating that is much appreciated and respected .... much respect , to both of you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

*FOMO Warning* Gold Leaf Botanicals Kx 3 weeks 1 day ago #45606

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7972
Perfect attachment to accompany the wonderfully descriptive review.

I love days like that.

I already tried making it myself and it wasn’t possible/cost effective.

It’s an important little batch in ZAPS collection
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

*FOMO Warning* Gold Leaf Botanicals Kx 3 weeks 1 day ago #45610

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1250
I had a reply written and hit the wrong button and deleted it
Darn it

Kx is definately a unique blend that works synergistically to provide different things, which tends to be unique to each person....

I myself use 6-8 and have never experienced any wobbles of any sort....
This unique blend actually enhances my motivation to get things accomplished, while helping me loosen up a bit...
Hard to describe but definately one for the books.

The properties seem to help many people in many different ways.

Thanx to all for the eloquent words to describe the unique aspects of this blend

Thank you!
Insense1
Rob
www.goldleafbotanicals.net
www.insensebotanicals.com
530-644-0456 office
:-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Babel-17

Last edit: by Insense1.

*FOMO Warning* Gold Leaf Botanicals Kx 3 weeks 1 day ago #45614

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Today I'm blending it, then I'm giving it a rest in preparation of the arrival of the In Sense plantation grown version.

Blend One will include Red Dragon from In Sense.

Blend Two will include Yellow Banjar from Soflo. (My before going to the gym serving)

Blend Three will include Gold Bali from Otie's.

Blend Four will include Red Bentaguie from Soflo.

Though that's subject to change.

They'll all get some Stem and Vein on top. I've been switching that around but for today I'll stick to Otie's Stem and Vein.

When the In Sense batch arrives I'll try it straight up, and then with the In Sense Red Papua, for the ultimate exotic blending, lol. ;)

Though I will have tried the Red Papua first, and separately.

As the timing of this post indicates, I'm a night-owl. :)

*FOMO Warning* Gold Leaf Botanicals Kx 3 weeks 16 hours ago #45633

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I think this might also work out well in tandem with Stem and Vein, though I guess it might be best to rotate it out at times. But as a fairly regular part of a blend it might work out well.

It already is a blend of two strains of Kratom, but it's so far working well for me when taken with Stem and Vein, and a steady stream of other strains. I think there's a minimum amount of it you'll want to take though, to get the benefit of the Shilajit and Ipurosa. I think I'm pushing it to the point of those two just having subtle effect by only taking a gram a day of it.

*FOMO Warning* Gold Leaf Botanicals Kx 2 weeks 5 days ago #45690

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
And the beat goes on. My package from In Sense came today (fast processing/shipping), and it has the plantation version of the Kx. Someone was nice enough to tuck in a small sample of Bentaguie as well, and that's on deck for tonight. ;) Edit: Ooh, exciting, it's a White Bentaguie, and I'll save that for first thing tomorrow.

First up will be just the new Kx, blended only with Stem and Vein, as usual.

Second up will be the Red Papua, and only with some Stem and Vein. I'll try it with the Gold Leaf Kx the next time I use it.

Cupboard is full but I guess that's a relative term, and I'm on my way to rationalizing a purchase of more Kx.

If I keep blending then a hundred grams would last me a long time, and I could use that purchase to piggy back an order of other stuff on. And that's what rationalization sounds like, lol.

I used to spend more on just one 7-11 coffee every day, so this is a cheap form of supplementation, and it's fun.

I also have the Fuzzy Dragon to field test, same as I'll be doing with the Red Papua. And btw, the Kx worked beautifully with Nick's Bentaguie, and with the In Sense Red Dragon.

I'm thinking I should mix Plantation with Wild Harvested when it comes to using Kx with either In Sense or Gold Leaf, at least for now. So I'll use the Gold Leaf Kx with the In Sense Red Papua, and Fuzzy Dragon.

Then tomorrow it will be In Sense Kx with other than In Sense regular Tea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

*FOMO Warning* Gold Leaf Botanicals Kx 2 weeks 5 days ago #45697

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
The In Sense Kx came on more directly than the Gold Leaf. It was like strong White MD meets a dash of whatever that Limitless guy was taking. No sense that it could be wobble inducing, so maybe I misinterpreted the effect from the Gold Leaf version. The Gold Leaf unsurprisingly had to its credit having more "notes" to it, and feeling it go to work was a bit more interesting. But the real world differences are minor, and could be just a placebo effect from knowing what I'm taking. Lol, more research is called for. ;)

What might have confused me is the mental boost that the Kx delivers in synergy with the two Kratoms in the blend. No idea what they are, and a little mystery can be good. ;)

Anyway, I was feeling a nice boost from the serving of just Kx and Stem and Vein.

After that I took the Red Papua and some Stem and Vein. Yeah, this is different. It takes an affect slowly, and delivers an interesting balance of working on anxiety and mood, while giving a smooth boost to energy, and an unassuming but thorough level of relief of pain and inflammation.

It could pass as a close, equally potent, relation to Kratom, while not being exactly part of that family.

If you like Yellow Banjar, you'll like this. It's showing good legs, but I only took it a hundred minutes ago. Empty stomach and with an acidic toss and wash, so I felt it pretty quickly.

This could be amazing for mood when combined with the Kx. Tomorrow I'll try it with the Gold Leaf. I know this sounds like a lot of servings but this is a testing period, so I've only been taking 500 mg. of regular tea, plus 250 mg. of Stem and Vein. Naturally I'd rather take more, but I'm still able to appreciate each serving, and this way helps in appreciating the mood boosting and energy boosting properties as the pain relieving effect is a lot less prone to blur that at this amount.

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds