Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Vendor Reviews
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Otie's: My first order (maybe last) 3 months 2 weeks ago #51306

• Dude Guyman
  • Dude Guyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70

Laurie wrote: I’m just curious if anyone else gets the clumpy stuff like Dude as Super Green.

I'm curious about that as well. It's mainly in the Super Green Malay. I don't think it looks like stem n vein, though I've never actually seen that. The contents of the 250g bag looks normal except as I'm getting it out with my metal 1/2 teaspoon, it has clumps in it that are kind of hard. Meaning if I see one and try to break it up in the bag before scooping it out, it does not fall apart easily and tends to just break into smaller clumps. It seems like it got wet or something, then leaves the 'fibers' in the bottom of my glass after thorough mixing in warm water and drinking. Maybe there were damp fibers in it that the powder clumped onto?

After mixing and drinking, it leaves a pool and trail of fibers up the drank from side of the cup similar to coffee grounds in a cup that was not well filtered.

Edit: Some photos of the Green Malay. Today I did not get one of the hard, messy clumps, but still, kinda chunky. The little specs you see clinging to the sides and spoon are not the fibers I was talking about. If I get one of the hard clumps, those appear and they are more...fibrous? woody? hairy? looking. Works fine though!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dude Guyman.

Otie's: My first order (maybe last) 3 months 2 weeks ago #51299

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 9075
I’m just curious if anyone else gets the clumpy stuff like Dude as Super Green. That sounds like maybe a mistake was made and stem n vein was shipped?
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: michele373, Babel-17

Otie's: My first order (maybe last) 3 months 3 weeks ago #51296

• Dude Guyman
  • Junior Boarder

michele373 wrote: hey dude,

oties stuff TO ME worked so great i had to dial down my dose.

have you concidered fused flora or bennis? most of us are in unison for quality for the price. fused flora sent me a sample of their bent and i ended up taking a nice nap. wasnt even tired. it did a good job on pain relief. to me. so does their gold kapuas.

Yeah, the 2 greens I got in Otie's split kilo were very good like that. I only use little 2 gram servings and that is plenty. The Red Bali, about 3 grams works, but it's mild, and the Red Bent I've gone as high as 4 grams and it barely did anything at all for me. I also only use it on an empty stomach, or it does nothing for me.

Hahaha, about the nap. That was what happened when I first tried Red Bali from Mitragia. That was my first test of Kratom ever and I used about 3 grams. The next time I ordered the same Red Bali from Mitragaia a month later and nothing. It was about as useful as my lawn trimmings. That's why I started looking for a new vendor in the first place. I will probably try fused flora and/or bennis next time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Otie's: My first order (maybe last) 3 months 3 weeks ago #51295

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4423
hey dude,

we understand your frustration. there is alot more to kratom and chemistry that we dont know! theres a couple GMP companies out there that really dont work for me much at all. and trust me tried various doses, empty stomach, everything else right. just never reordered. that sucks when its a split key.put it in a good seal bag, maybe it will work better for you in the future.

oties stuff TO ME worked so great i had to dial down my dose.

have you concidered fused flora or bennis? most of us are in unison for quality for the price. fused flora sent me a sample of their bent and i ended up taking a nice nap. wasnt even tired. it did a good job on pain relief. to me. so does their gold kapuas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Otie's: My first order (maybe last) 3 months 3 weeks ago #51293

• Dude Guyman
  • Junior Boarder
I actually prefer reds, if they are potent. I use for pain relief. I do not like "fast" strains and am not fond of blending. I find that to just require me to use twice as much to get desired effects and in the case of a pre-blended red/white I tried, I wound up with too much white and got the shakes (pretty intense shivering when not cold), but no pain relief or energy. All negative effect, no positive. I usually don't get a very different effect from different strains. I either get effect...or I don't.

Getting a weak batch, is exactly what bothers me. If I pay full price, I want full quality. Period. This stuff is already expensive without having to use 3x servings, if that even works. If they get a weak batch, they should sell it at discount as "b-stock", use it for something else like making extracts(?) or just trash it, but do not pass it off on me at full price! Especially since they just did a significant price hike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, GOLDA55, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Otie's: My first order (maybe last) 3 months 3 weeks ago #51291

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2540
If you do reorder use the coupon code specific to we forum members.

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/approved-vendors/9275-di...-w-otie-s.html#49021

Just wanted to pop in and give you a reminder of the forever discount for the ILK fam. Using code ILOVEKRATOM during checkout, you will receive 10% off your entire purchase.

Funny enough, Adam (who's one half of the Otie's team) who posted that once told me he didn't get much from Reds. If you order again, and like fast strains, try the White Indo (I just took some) the White Dragon, or the White Hulu, which are popular choices. Blend any of those with the Red Bentaguie and you might create something special. They go through a lot of product, and maybe you got some Red Bent from a weaker batch. I ordered their Red Bentaguie several months ago, and I think it's pretty good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Dude Guyman

Otie's: My first order (maybe last) 3 months 3 weeks ago #51288

• Dude Guyman
  • Junior Boarder
I ordered a 4-way split kilo. Since I am not great with descriptions, I'll go with a potency/quality scale from 1-10, with 1 being no effects at all, and 10 being the best I've had in my limited experience.

Red Bentuangie = 2. - No good, almost totally inert. Even at 3x my usual portion, it does nothing. Tastes like instant coffee + chocolate.
Red Bali = 6. - Decent, but not what I would call very potent.
Super Green = 8. - Very good. Potent.
Super Green Malay = 7. - Good but messy. Has a lot of centimeter diameter balls/clumps in it that are hard to break up, tends to leave kind of gross "fibers", undissolved trimmings in the bottom of the cup. Bits of stem? Bat guano (kidding)? I don't know.

Shipping time was great. Ordered on a Sunday (June 7) and it was on my doorstep Wednesday. The weight/quantity was spot on at 4 x 250g.

Since I made that order ($92 + $8 shipping = $100) they raised the price to $112 and disguised it by giving free shipping. So now, "Everyone gets free shipping on all orders!" Great...but I pay $12 more than before+shipping. Joy.

Now here is the part that bugs me. They have reviews on their site, but they only post the glowing ones. I wrote reviews on the 4 varieties from my split kilo. Anything that was "Love it! Very potent stuff! 5 of 5" got posted quickly. Anything not so positive has been "awaiting approval" for a month. This seems shady to me.

This one for example (for Red Bentuangie) that I thought I was being generous giving it 2 of 5 stars:
============
*Your review is awaiting approval (was 2 of 5 stars)

I found this one to be too mild for me. I feel nothing from it (even at 4g, double my normal 1.5-2g). Not sure how it works for pain yet because I’ve not had ‘painful day’ to try it out on yet.
============

EDIT: The new prices vs quality will have me continuing my search for another vendor though since all 4 of the parts of my order were not what I would consider very high potency/quality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Babel-17, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, goshawk

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds