Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
22 Jun 2020
Good morning everyone, we'd like to welcome you to the new ILK Forum! We're in the process of finishing up all the the small details and will get everything done asap. This includes the new vendor pages, the daily and weekly special pages, the new blog sections, resource sections and more.

Please make sure to check out our approved vendors and don't be afraid to jump in there and ask questions and leave productive reviews.
~ I Love Kratom Forum Staff
Have some feedback and input to share?
Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.

TOPIC:

Samanila outbreak source 2 years 3 months ago #26053

• KayKay
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
This is an official update from the FDA. I hope that copying and pasting the link works... I subscribed to get recall notices from them. I am one of the very rare cases that actually got a case of salmonella in my bloodstream and was hospitalized for 2 weeks. And almost died :(. So I always want to be in the know on any and all outbreaks.

The vendor IS CONFIRMED TO BE KRAKEN KRATOM, and the vendor also operates under several other business names which are all confirmed in this article. Please take a look people!

s2027422842.t.en25.com/e/es?s=2027422842&e=62451&e...&elqaid=2794&elqat=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, roadieratonga

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KayKay.

Salmonella outbreak source 2 years 3 months ago #26050

• tenmillionspaces
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
Since there's a lot of people in this thread, just wanted to add that the recall was expanded as of yesterday. I actually got a phone call from PDX and a voicemail saying I had purchased an infected lot.

If I did, I certainly consumed it all with no issues, but it's scary.

I'm currently trying to taper off kratom (for other reasons), but this is pretty scary.

Salmonella outbreak source 2 years 3 months ago #25987

• HunterK
  • HunterK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
Ya, me too! I'm done! Besides Kraken is lot more expensive than some other options! I like KRAVE, buy it right at my local smoke shop! Great product, and cheaper!

Salmonella outbreak source 2 years 3 months ago #25986

• Douglas168
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 116
I have used kraken and phytoextractum in the past. With that being said, I have NOT ordered from them for quite some time. I noticed some inconsistencies in their white vein thai batches, which I used to love. For that reason I do not currently give them my business.

Salmonella outbreak source 2 years 3 months ago #25983

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8794
Many of the ILK approved vendors have already been investing in these safety features for some time now. It’s become necessary going forward, in a short hurry now.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: roadieratonga

Salmonella outbreak source 2 years 3 months ago #25978

• HunterK
  • Visitor
All sounds good, but as you know i was 1 of 3 in CA that was hospitalized because of this bad batch! I'm stuck with a $3000 bill from the ER! They offered me a $16 dollar refund on my purchase! I'll never do business with kraken again!

Salmonella outbreak source 2 years 3 months ago #25977

• Douglas168
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 116
This is a very unfortunate incident. I advocate cGMP regulations to help in the purity and safety aspects. This will cost vendors more money BUT will pay off in the long long due to increased confidence and trust in the company. Also a scientific sampling method to ensure every batch can be safety tested would greatly help as well. There are various techniques out there that can ensure batch cleanliness while minimizing associated costs with these tests. Also use certified labs that are competent and have a good reputation. Nothing is foolproof but there are measures that can be implemented to regain any lost confidence and trust in a vendor as a result.

Salmonella outbreak source 2 years 3 months ago #25954

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
One more official notice from the FDA on this:

If your email program has trouble displaying this email, view it as a web page

U.S. Food and Drug Administration Header

MedWatch - The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program

Kratom-containing Powder Products by PDX Aromatics: Recall - Potential for Contamination with Salmonella

AUDIENCE: Consumer

ISSUE: PDX Aromatics of Portland, Oregon DBA Kraken Kratom, Phytoextractum, and Soul Speciosa, has initiated a recall of certain kratom-containing powder products because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.

See the press release for affected products, lot codes, and photos.

BACKGROUND: PDX Aromatics identified a supplier in their supply chain as the source of Salmonella. The company has removed that supplier and all associated products from its facility.

RECOMMENDATION: Consumers who may be in possession of potentially contaminated products are advised not to consume products labeled with the affected product descriptions and lot codes. All products associated with this recall should be returned to PDX Aromatics.

Healthcare professionals and patients are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of these products to the FDA's MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program:
Complete and submit the report Online: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report
Download form or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
Read the MedWatch Safety Alert, including a link to the press release, at:

www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/Safe...oducts/ucm600613.htm
Laurie

Salmonella outbreak source 2 years 3 months ago #25952

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Having some difficulty posting this morning (Pacific time). This came from my FDA RECALL NOTICES email I subscribe to. Got it this morning 3/12/2018
PDX Aromatics Recalls Kratom Powder Because Of Possible Health Risk
PDX Aromatics of Portland, Oregon DBA Kraken Kratom, Phytoextractum, and Soul Speciosa, has initiated a recall of certain kratom-containing powder products because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
The affected powder products are packaged in plastic heat sealed pouches and sold in 28 grams, 56 grams, and 112 grams. The products total an estimated 10,000 units and were sold directly to consumers via company websites between January 18, 2018 and February 18, 2018

For additional information pertaining to this message, please click the link at the beginning of this bulletin.
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie.

Samanila outbreak source 2 years 3 months ago #25928

• HunterK
  • Visitor
Yes! Kraken kratom, has been notified there product is one of the sources of the outbreak!

Moderators: kemppaulhSomethingsacredgoinonhere
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds